• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 16, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 16, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 16, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 16, 2020)

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Came into work today to find a new Thargoid variant attached to the hull of my AspX.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    Bleethue FG-Y f67

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    Elite’84 on calculator. What’s next? A pregnancy test?)

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I think I had too much to drink at the spacebar

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    I recently got into reading. Out of curiosity, I had a look to see if there were any officially sanctioned novels. To my surprise, there were loads of them. Can’t wait to get started.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    One last stop before reaching Colonia. So many stars...

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Finally made it to Sol III, Not impressive, but i'm glad i finally made it.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    I built an app for myself that tracked my head pose and sent it to OpenTrack. Turned out it works great with *any* TrackIR game. /r/flightsim begged me to release it as a full app, so I did. Here's me flying around a station in Elite using VR-style head tracking! My app is called "SmoothTrack"

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    My son and I are playing ED together, he’s my money maker while I like to explore. We trade the captains chair like twice a day. He is gonna freak when he finds out where I left him��

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    All that rescuing paid off, big time ;) time to bask in the proper attire.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    I bought this paintjob and just noticed it's the Elite logo (top ship).

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I don't need any other game

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM) - custom HUDs without XML

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Elite Dangerous HUD Mod (EDHM) - custom HUDs without XML

    https://preview.redd.it/spmk8un5qkn51.jpg?width=2560&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b3f7bbe3a9a5b3f2b31d65b3d80ecbbb23594168

    Hi CMDRs,

    As you know, many of us dislike the ghastly orange HUD that's plastered across our fleet of ships.

    So over the past two months, my buddy u/xiba2k4 and I have been working on a HUD mod that enables precise re-colouring of each HUD element, without the need to alter the XML. In doing so, we avoid the unintended XML side-effects on radar icons and pilot portraits. But it also means we can re-colour any HUD element, and we're not locked into a particular palette.

    We've also enabled coloured lighting effects in the cabin. The ambient light really changes the 'mood' of the pilot's environment, and you can even have multi-coloured lighting if you prefer.

    Lastly, some ships have lights on the dashboard or canopy that shine directly in your face. So we dimmed them down to reduce eye fatigue and make flying a more pleasant experience.

    The mod is based on software called 3dmigoto, which was introduced into the Elite community by CMDR AD in Feb 2019. He used 3dmigoto to turn off particular shaders, such as scratches on the windows, space dust and smoke in the cabin.

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/graphics-mod-to-remove-haze.470722/page-10#post-7445051

    Then CMDR Old Duck released the Realistic Immersion Mod that continued the work of AD, and demo'd an environmental mod that mimicked atmospheric flight, it was very cool. So that's when xiba2k4 and I started, and then we spent many many hours learning the basics of HLSL coding. There isn't an instruction manual for 3dmigoto, so it took a very long time to learn even the basics.

    Coincidentally, I notice Old Duck has just released his own HUD mod yesterday - however, our EDHM mod was developed independently over several months using slightly different techniques with different outcomes.

    To get a feeling for what the EDHM mod can do, I made a short video

    https://youtu.be/s7hkfSBtHs8

    You can download and install the mod at this pastebin link

    https://pastebin.com/Ct64yCC8

    The files in the zip are intended for the end-user, not folks who want to mod the HUD themselves. Don't try to learn how to mod using these files, you'll just give yourself a headache :) as they're written in ASM (assembly).

    I was advised not to make public the actual HLSL code we used to create the mod, as it may lead to FDev blocking HUD mods if anyone used 3dmigoto inappropriately. To be honest I'm not really sure how to proceed .. on the one hand I want you guys to learn from what we've done so the community can make heaps of amazing HUDs, but on the other hand I don't want 3Dmigoto banned and then we lose months of hard work. It's a conundrum! And if anyone has a solution please let me know.

    But if you're a serious modder and long-term Elite CMDR then please contact me directly and we might be able to sort something out. If there's enough people interested I could start a discord where we can share and discuss our work.

    In the meantime, if you have any particular colour combinations you'd like to see then let me know and I'll put something together.

    And by the way, this is definitely an experimental BETA mod - please read about 3dmigoto before installing the software on your system. But I've also included an uninstall file to make removing the mod extremely easy.

    And if you encounter any bugs or issues please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

    Enjoy your new HUD :)

    o7

    submitted by /u/psychicEgg
    [link] [comments]

    W-Why? (My name is just 'Sheeep_ish')

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    visited betelgeuse closest moon this is just nuts i no its a big star but still amazing !!!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    To make up for a lack of a crew on these big, empty ships I divide roles up with different Holo-Me personas

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Never get bored of this game and all the beautiful views I’ve come across, like this one.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    The few screenshots from my first exploration to Sagittarius A

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    "Verdant haze"

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Looks Hot �� + Runs Cool �� = The Dolphin ��

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    YAY! (I'm still too speechless to form a complete title. Also, i din't even expect it)

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    A commission I created for my friend.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Console HUD’s

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    I just wanna know if we can boost this up enough to where the big guys can see it.

    CAN WE PLEASE GET DIFFERENT COLOR OPTIONS FOR OUR HUD's ON CONSOLE PLEASE!!! I will literally pay ARX if I have too!!!!

    submitted by /u/Gr3ix
    [link] [comments]

    CMDRs Havot94

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    You ordered a Galaxy?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment