• Breaking News

    Friday, September 25, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 25, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 25, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 25, 2020)

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My first Space Taxi. Only the galaxy’s edge is my limit in this fully engineered sleek looking Dolphin. All passengers, we are ready for boarding.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    SLA print Emerald Federal Corvette, the details are so beautiful I am not sure if I should paint it or keep it as it is.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I wonder if I'd fit?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    And There was Much Rejoicing

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Cat’s Paw Nebula ��

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Big beautiful rings!

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    After a Horrible and Stress filled week, arriving at my home with my new cutter brings a smile to my face

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Meanwhile above the disk...

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I can't say its a stunning view, but this is my first time to see the high metal content world orbiting a gas giant in such proximity

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Chasing a White Dwarf Sunset - my view during descent onto the World of Death

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Imperial Civil War?

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    Here’s looking at you kid - Thor’s Eye

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    The Crab Nebula, the most pixelated area in the Galaxy

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Into the black again

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    With this week’s CG, if we make it to the top tier, we’ll all receive a 25% discount on all Gutamaya made ships. So even if you already have any Gutamaya ship, sell it, and go buy it again when this is all done to not only get it cheaper, but you’ll have a lower rebuy cost.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    I know this may be common sense for some folk, or maybe some don't even care when you've got a lot of money already. You might not care about having a lower rebuy cost. But why not?!

    A Cutter cost 208 million. If you do 208 million - 25% you get 156 million for a Cutter. An awesome price!

    A Clipper cost 22 million. That - 25% is only 16.5 million. Another great price!

    So my rebuy on my Cutter right now is currently sitting at 26 million. Assuming with the 25% discount on the ship, your rebuy should go down by 25% as well, correct? If so, my 26 million rebuy would drop to 19.5 million. That's a good bit of savings.

    On top of that, idk if it'll work or if it makes sense, but you get a 15% discount in Li Yong Rui systems. So, wouldn't it be possible to not only get the 25% discount from the CG reward, but stack that + 15% for a total of 40% off with the Rui discount as well? Bc that would bring a Cutter price down to 124 million. Insane.

    I just thought I'd share this, and maybe motivate players to go do the community goal for this week. You get to be apart of a community cause, and end up with a great discount on all Gutamaya ships. Maybe you thought the Cutter's price point was too steep? Well it'll be at a pretty nice price, basically almost in line with the Anaconda.

    submitted by /u/Bobaaganoosh
    [link] [comments]

    I love my MK II

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Strange encounters

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    My ship, the Skies Efialtis or Shadow's Grace in greek

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Space madness is real and it was in my dreams last night

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    I just woke up for work and I need to get off my chest what happened:

    I had a dream I was playing elite dangerous, first thing I remember is killing some random dude who was talking shit in a previous dream that night in a setting completely unrelated to ED, he just happened to be a cmdr in this one. As I'm escaping from the starport and security, jumping to another solar system, I pull up the map to find another place to jump to but some weird red stuff shows up on my HUD, as I'm trying to figure out what it is my ship just flies directly into a massive cluster of millions of glowing red objects of some kind, like asteroids or something, and as I'm struggling to figure out how I didn't notice it and why I wasn't able to divert my course, my ship is just getting obliterated and I get a close up experience like driving into an asteroid belt too fast. I'm just mentally overwhelmed feeling like I'm actually gonna straight up die (my dreams are extremely vivid and feel real so any situation of danger comes with genuine fear) as my ship hull gets completely deleted by these horrifying glowing red space rocks out in the middle of deep space. As my vision starts fading to black I eventually see a rebuy screen:

    14 mill credits to rebuy, and I only had like 400k. I didn't know either of the amounts until then. At that point I knew the dream was a nightmare, especially because the "CR" symbol next to the money amounts wasn't there, what WAS there was the little spinning Lego currency disc thing from the lego games. This all just happened and I had to just document it so a dream expert can tell me I got ghosts in my blood or something, thanks

    EDIT: I haven't played the game in weeks

    submitted by /u/ds2isgood
    [link] [comments]

    I have finally claimed my bug trophy

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Cappuchino Giant

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    Here Kitty Kitty - Cats Paw Nebula

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Idea for station interiors.

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    TL; DR at the bottom.

    What if, thank to Odyssey, we could have an in-game, Apple-y type unveiling for ships? Think about it: we already have station interiors ready, they could be used as a stage: you buy a ticket, which is only available to those who have Odyssey and in limited number, for 10/15k CR, then head to the station, exit the ship, head to the stage area, sit down and watch in real-time as a 10/15 minute unveiling of the new ship unfolds right there and then before your eyes. I could really see Gutamaya and Saud Kruger doing this.

    It doesn't have to be ship unveilings either, it could be concerts, events, fairs, not to mention the storyline events you open up: example; Zachary Hudson heads to a fancy classical concert and you can watch as maybe he's assassinated, or storms out as the concert gets interrupted, and you get the idea that something might be very wrong, only to check GalNet and get your suspicions confirmed.

    You can also leave the ship to go to a showroom, where there's ships, paints and decals you can see live.

    Not to mention the absolutely insane amount of money I'd be willing to give to FDev through micro-transactions that get me atmospheric clothes.

    TL; DR: In-game, story relevant events and ship & accessory showrooms in stations you can walk around with Odyssey.

    submitted by /u/SnooBunnies163
    [link] [comments]

    I made a cinematic about Generation Ships, hope you guys enjoy :)

    Posted: 25 Sep 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment