• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 9, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 09, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 09, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (September 09, 2020)

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey: update on VR and ship interiors

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Pucker moment when you are chasing the high price and get interdicted the minute you hit the system.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Dirty Dick’s Dry Dock [Big Bill Hell’s Parody]

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Thueche ZE-A g1 A

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    I'm just going to say it: It's not a grind unless you make it one

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    For five years I was turned off to this game because of how many people said how much of a grind Elite was and how hard it was and blah blah blah and only this year decided to get on sale. And, to be honest, I'm mad at myself for listening and disappointed in those who reviewed it.

    This game is not a grind.

    Not unless you make it one.

    Maybe it's how I live my life and how I approach my time in Elite but I'm a believer in the mindset that something is only a grind if you make it one.

    I have loved every single hour I've played Elite. I flew for my first 80 hours in a Cobra and DBX, barely having more than 6 figures in my account and then I discovered core mining and went through a Mamba, Python, Anaconda, and settled for the moment on a Krait II until I make enough to get those ships again.

    There's so much to do and it's wildly fun to create your own stories, bum around in space, etc. However if I had ever looked at the ranks as something to grind for? That would suck.

    I don't know if anyone else out there will agree with me but if a game is a grind, it's likely on you, not the game. Slow down, enjoy the journey. It's an adventure, not a race ;)

    Fly dangerously, commanders, and don't be forget to set your throttle to blue now and then on the way to getting triple Elite. It's good for the soul.

    o7

    submitted by /u/foggiermeadows
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got round to grinding the Guardian Site.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    The bubble nebula has a lot of screenshot potential nearby.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    "So I keep dreaming..."

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    found a rather groovy gas giant with ethereal glowing areas

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Troll the gankers in Deciat with menu logging! Please hear me out.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    I would like this post to be a discussion with everyone who gets ganked by and/or hates gankers in Deciat or other systems.

    The easiest way to obtain the salt that they have stolen from the Open play community, is to create hull+shield tanks that look like easy targets, and bait interdictions with them. Pick a ship and stack hull reinforcements + slap an autodock on. Shoot for at least 4k+ hull and maybe 2k+ shields. Fight the interdiction for as long as you can, and then once you drop from supercruise, immediately boost+chaff+heatsink and menu log.

    You have to wait 15 seconds, sure, but there's a very high chance that they won't be able to kill you. This will cause them to rage with the fury of a thousand white hot stars and your sodium intake will dramatically increase from the amount of salt you will be consuming. Log back into Solo mode, head to Garay for a quick repair, and then log back into Open for another go around.

    Stop complaining about people getting ganked and start doing something about it. If we have enough people making ganking the most boring and unrewarding thing, with a long interdiction + menu log, they will eventually stop camping Deciat. You can already see how salty people are over at r/EliteCombatLoggers because they have an entire community dedicated to this.

    To be clear, I AM NOT endorsing task killing as this is true combat logging and is not condoned by FDev. As far as I know, though, menu logging is completely fair and if they can't kill you in 15 seconds, were they even good enough to be a ganker anyway?

    edit:

    Obviously there are better ways to handle the current situation with ganking and my personal belief is that FDev needs to up the system security forces to be better at interdictions, fight in wings of at least 2 or 3 at all times, and have fully engineered ships that can actually take down a g5 engineered player ship - and have their infractions carry over to other systems (Feds to Feds/Imp to Imp maybe?). The current state of the game has gankers sitting around with notoriety 10, getting interdicted once every 10 minutes, and being able to easily avoid it. If they get interdicted? So what? NPC ships are a joke compared to the raw engineered firepower of ganking ships. There currently is no REAL punishment for ganking in lawful systems other than being banned from a single systems starport until the bounty is paid.

    submitted by /u/TrollGankersInDeciat
    [link] [comments]

    Snowrunner devs have a sense of humor lol. Photoshopped the P16 into elite dangerous

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Okay. Saved enough money to buy the Anaconda.. but one question.. how the hell do I get it out of the space station?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    Using research limpets for the first time on biological phenomena. I wish this was more profitable, it's a really satisfying and fun game mechanic.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Hopefully i didn't interrupt anything..

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    A Marauder's Sunset

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Exploring is so much fun! I’ve been playing this game every single night since I got it 2 1/2 weeks ago. It’s torn me away from NMS and I can’t stop lol. How did I just discover this game??? ED is fantastic. Learn something new every single time I play

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Hypaa Bluae NE-F d12-53 5 c a

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    Beluga cockpit views

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Guardian structures can be somehow frightening during the night…

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    After one whole week of grinding Pattern Epsilon data, finally got it. No regrets at all.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Earthrise but it isn't Earth

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Frontier's Annual Financial Results for FY20 - Elite Dangerous hit its highest player numbers this year, and 3.5m basegame copies sold

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Risked my ship all for 20+ lightyears and this is where it got me.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Point Defence!!!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Somewhat newer player. For the first time I put Point Defence on my DBX Explorer. It was so cool seeing my ship protect me from guardian missles.

    It reminded me of Arkham Knight where the Batmobile can protect you remotely. I'd love to see more features where the ship provides backup when you are on surface. Next time I'll grab some pictures.

    submitted by /u/GruesomeDozer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment