• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 22, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 22, 2020)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Combat & Trade Community Goals: Federal Initiative to Support Marlinist Refugees

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Community Goals

    Galnet

    Pilots Federation ALERT

    An aid charity is requesting deliveries of vital supplies to help Marlinist refugees that fled from the Empire to the Federation.

    Safeguard Interstellar, a humanitarian aid organisation, has announced a campaign to help refugees requesting political asylum in the Federation.

    Several Imperial factions sympathetic to Marlinism were placed under martial law, leading to civilians emigrating in huge numbers to the Federal systems Charunder, Ennead, HIP 36081, LTT 1935, LTT 3607 and Thetis. Local authorities have warned that without additional support, these refugees may trigger public unrest or food shortages. There is also a risk of unfamiliar contagions reaching the population.

    Noel Beaumont, the CEO of Safeguard Interstellar, made this statement:

    "These ex-citizens of the Empire have suffered at the hands of their own government, and now seek freedom from persecution. Shelter, food and other necessities must be provided to satisfy their basic human rights."

    "We urgently require shipments of basic medicines, clothing, food cartridges, fruit and vegetables, and evacuation shelters to Fox Enterprise in the LFT 625 system. From there, they will be distributed to the Marlinists. The more supplies we receive, the more systems can offer sanctuary without strain on their infrastructure."

    Safeguard Interstellar's affiliate, the Fionn Liberals, has offered to pay handsomely for all bounty vouchers collected from wanted vessels in the LFT 625 system.

    Supporting Marlinist Refugees

    Each target will provide enough aid to support one system in the following order: LTT 3607, Charunder, Ennead, Thetis, LTT 1935 then HIP 36081. The initiative begins on the 22nd of October 3306 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

    • System = LFT 625
    • Station = Fox Enterprise
    • Objective = Fruit and Vegetables, Food Cartridges, Basic Medicines, Clothing, Evacuation Shelter
    • Commodity List = Fruit and Vegetables, Food Cartridges, Basic Medicines, Clothing, Evacuation Shelter
    • Current / Target = 568 / 80000000
    • Expires = in 7 days

    Protecting Marlinist Aid

    The initiative begins on the 22nd of October 3306 and will run for one week. If the final target is met or the aid is delivered earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

    • System = LFT 625
    • Station = Fox Enterprise
    • Objective = Bounties
    • Commodity List = Bounties
    • Current / Target = 0 / 60000000000
    • Expires = in 7 days

    Note: Bounties can be gained from Wanted ships in Supercruise, NAV beacon, Resource Extraction Sites, and Science Installations.

    submitted by /u/StuartGT
    [link] [comments]

    Elite is beautiful.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    made it to colonia in a vulture!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Capsule Mollusc Fhtagn

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    This game never disappoints.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Postcard from the Void.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Sometimes the beauty of this game just sneaks up on you.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    The Only Good Thargoid Is A Dead One

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    Chilling at the bottom of an 11km canyon on the Crown of Ice

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    Boldly exploring where no man has gone before...

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Galactic Enquirer tabloid, 22 October 3306

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Stretching his legs for the first time. The adventure begins!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Damn, being able to see structures from space is really cool.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    ATTN Explorers

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    I was out quite a number of months back and finally just got around to selling my data so now I can share it with you. I found two, one of a kind, discoveries on my last trip and if you're interested you should check them out.

    Firstly, a ringed ELW found in HYPIO BLUAE LI-K D8-1671

    Secondly, a Double ELW system found in JUENAH UM-H C11-3400

    While these may not be the first found ever in the galaxy, they were first finds for me and I thought they were pretty damn cool.

    I also have an ELW found just a mere ~60 LY outside of Sag A. If we are ever able to base build on atmospheric worlds I'll certainly be requesting some help on colonizing this system

    submitted by /u/Jwinters42
    [link] [comments]

    I don't play this game much anymore, but here is my personal favorite capture of a ringed earthlike I discovered.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    PSA: Community Goal bounties can be earned via LFT 625's Science Installations' scenarios (CMDR_Plater clip)

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    I made a mistake... Stepped away during super cruise to the station.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Artemis Lodge, Celaeno System

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    I'm have trouble finding people to play with and would love some help from the community.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I really enjoy this game - but I am at the point where I wish I was playing with other commanders and now when I get online, plug myself in and go I realize my friends list is empty and I turn off the game. I really invested myself into this game financially. I bought the three screens to play when I dont want to play VR, I got the VR headset, the full thrustmaster set. I get that doesnt mean much but I wanted to somehow show how committed I am to the game and where I am mentally as I had high hopes of one day being apart of an active group - but after four years I still am not involved. I

    I spent a lot of time in the game, but I am not exactly a pro. I had some weird vision in my head that if I bought the VR, used the joysticks, etc that I would find a group more easily. But you know we are all dumb sometimes lol.

    I see all these videos and clips of people hanging out, doing fun stuff, but when I join 'active' squads - they aren't actually all that active and rather still stuck solo. I joined the discords and such, but there isn't much sustainable groups going on and I end up solo. It might just be that I am now in my 30's and have no idea how to make friends, but honestly it is bugging me enough to write this so I am actively trying to change this and at the same time apologize for making this post.

    I was wondering if you all had any good tips as to meeting groups or if there are recommended squadrons that are recruiting that you would refer to.

    I love

    • PvE combat
    • Mining
    • Cargo Running
    • PvP - I wish I knew more of the game to be in PvP combat, but at this point I am more than happy just to play anything with a group.

    I am sorry if this sounds desperate but I appreciate you guys taking the time out to read this. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/kingofret1267
    [link] [comments]

    good to see everyone has their priorities in order on Inara

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Triple ringed Ice planet with gas giant moon & shepherd moon. Not common.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Long time in the black - UPDATE

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    This is an update to THIS post.

    So I caught COVID-19. I am an American living and working in the ME. I was in isolation/quarentine a long time. Very sick for a while. Much better now. Weak and easily tired, bad headaches also. But I am back to playing Elite after almost 2 months. Gawd has it been that long? Anyway, I am still in Mare Somnia and trying to slowly head back to the bubble due to out of AFM modules.

    I intend to post when I have turned in exploration data.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/NonyoSC
    [link] [comments]

    About 14,000ly, 240 jumps today, worth it.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    I'm on an scenic route from Diaguandri to Colonia and I thought I should start sharing my photos as I go - Part 5

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    I made it. Guys, I made it.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment