• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The latest balanced changes have been announced by FDev on the official forums!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:45 AM PST

    First results of combat payout rebalance : 15 min of hunting near compromised beacon

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:15 AM PST

    Finally!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    I was trying to show how big the carriers are and this happened..������

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:10 AM PST

    I have made my first 10million :)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:58 AM PST

    FINALLY the Corvette doing what it is made to do. Hunt, destroy, get paid. 30 mins in a HazRez.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:00 AM PST

    New player learning to dock

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:47 PM PST

    Anyone in need of a medic?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:39 AM PST

    Event Horizon

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:42 AM PST

    Solo massacre missions are paying more now. This one for 30 kills used to give 17M, now it's 41M

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Hey there

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:10 AM PST

    New Cmdr here (finally gave in to husbands constant nagging to try the game)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:32 AM PST

    I landed on an Asteroid but it looks like a cover for a Sci-fi movie.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:53 AM PST

    Finally understanding that Elite Dangerous really should be played with friends ��

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:54 AM PST

    CMDR Xenzob Krell approaching Hutton Orbital

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Finally there ��

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:27 AM PST

    No, that is definitely wierd. And not ok. Thanks.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Bounty buff is awesome! 2Mil+ in less than 15 minutes. Around 5 NPC shot down at Hazres

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Finally got my exploration Elite! Just a few more thousand npc ships destroyed and I'll have triple Elite ��

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:30 AM PST

    (Nearly) 26 million credits from doing an hour's worth of bounty hunting with the increased rewards, without a KWS.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:14 AM PST

    I am excited about these rebalances.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:31 AM PST

    This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm actually really excited about all these latest rebalances that Fdev is bringing into the game.

    I first picked up Elite Dangerous back in March when the pandemic started hitting as a way to occupy myself during the lockdown.

    The game started out incredibly fun, and I felt a great sense of pride as I grinded missions and built up my ships. I remember when I first upgraded from my Sidewinder to an Imperial Eagle. It felt like an accomplishment. I flew around in that Eagle patrolling my local home system collecting bounties and occasionally doing some courier runs upgrading it bit by bit and eventually saving up enough to get a Viper 3. Again buying this new ship felt good, it felt like I earned it. I continued along doing this until I upgraded to a Viper 4 which gave me the same sense of pride that my previous upgrades did.

    I gained enough trust with the local faction, Earth Defense Fleet, to get better missions with better payouts. After a few more days of doing those I was able to get a Diamondback Explorer which I had my eye on for a while. The DBx became my pride and joy and I flew it around for a while doing bounty hunting, recon, and smuggling missions. I even did some privateering in Imperial systems on behalf of the federation, liberating slaves, etc. This was probably the most fun I had ever had in the game. I had very little idea of what I was doing and was just figuring things out as I was going, barely scratching the surface of everything the game had to offer.

    A few weeks later some of my friends who I had started playing the game with brought up low temperature diamond mining and how profitable it was. I had what – at the time – felt like a lot of credits saved up so following their lead I begrudgedly sold off some of my old ships, bought and outfitted an Asp Explorer for surface mining and followed them to a system that had some low temperature diamond hotspots. After just around an hour of mining I managed to have a good load of about 70 low temp diamonds. We plotted a route, about 100 light-years from the hotspot to a place where we could get a little over 1M per unit. When we made it there, we offloaded all of our diamonds and left with an incredible profit. It was exciting at first and I began looking at some of the more expensive ships which up until this point I had not even bothered considering because they seemed so out of reach.

    Several runs, and only a few hours later I had more money than I knew what to do with and at that point had set my mind to a Krait Mk2. I had enough to buy and fully A-rank. I even picked up and A-ranked a Krait Phantom for the hell of it figuring I'd eventually use it for something, maybe exploration or smuggling (I have never once used it since I bought it).

    When I first got into the Krait mk2 I was excited. I thought it would make me happy. I returned to my home system and resumed my usual routine of missions. The missions were easier yet something seemed to be... missing. I just didn't feel the same sense of pride in this new awesome ship that I did in my other more modest vessels which I had worked so hard for. I loved everything about the Krait yet I didn't have any actual appreciation for it. I also didn't feel the same level of gravity when I entered dangerous situations because I could afford the 10M rebuy of my Krait Mk2 many times over.

    The reward for doing these other missions also suddenly seemed less exciting, why do them when I can make exponentially more money continuing that low temp diamond loop?

    Suddenly everything I enjoyed about the game was gone and I found myself wishing that mining was not such a profitable thing. Yes I benefited from it, but it actually took away everything that I was enjoying about the game, the sense of accomplishment from doing whatever it is I put my mind to. My friends all ended up with A-ranked Anacondas, or Corvettes themselves. Barely a week later we all just stopped playing. The game just wasn't fun for us anymore.

    Fast forward to last week and my new Quest 2 VR headset came in the mail. I decided to reinstall Elite Dangerous because I just wanted to experience flying around in VR for a bit. After playing around and just doing some missions I very quickly noticed that commodity prices had completely changed including – and especially – things like low temp diamonds and other minerals.

    After some reading around I learned more about the rebalances they were doing and now I'm suddenly excited to play the game again. My girlfriend started playing last week and even with my help mining void opals, it still took her a while to save up enough to get an Asp Explorer. Seeing her excitement and pride in her modest ship reminded me a lot of how I felt when I first started and I somewhat envy the fact that this game is not going to be as easy for her as it was for me.

    That being said, I'm also actually starting to feel the need to invest back into some smaller less expensive ships again for the more risky missions because rebuys on my fully loaded Krait 2 actually hurt which brings back the sense of danger and therefore the challenge.

    These rebalances actually make me want to play this game again and I'm all for it.

    submitted by /u/Teslakat
    [link] [comments]

    The definitive Elite Dangerous Timeline - Part 1.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:08 AM PST

    A new Elite Dangerous video for you CMDRs, the definitive Timeline, in two sections. Designed for new players, but may be a handy referenced for seasoned CMDRs. :)

    Part 2 will be out on Thursday this week.

    Cheers,

    Drew.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID6r_OBJpO8&feature=youtu.be

    submitted by /u/drewwagar
    [link] [comments]

    Damn is hot out here.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:57 AM PST

    my fav pic in this game so far :D

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:51 AM PST

    TIL: As a newbie, READ the contract well. My hell story

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:27 AM PST

    WARNING: Long

    TLDR: Took a 4 million credit passenger mission. Thought the route was 250LY. It was actually one of 4 required legs (sightseeing). Took 2hrs, 60 jumps in one sitting, chased by bounty hunters all the way. My boss in real life called an hour in. Had to put him on speaker while I frantically escaped countless interjections. Survived. 4mil richer, very tired, lesson learned.

    So I got tired of running trade loops and decided to have fun. Outfitted a Diamondback Explorer with an economy cabin and big fuel scoop and took a passenger mission. If something went bad, I'd just sink the 500K and not buy back the Explorer on insurance. The mission was for 4 million credits and was labeled "sightseeing adventure." I plot the route via the mission entry and thought: "hey 250LY for 4mil ain't so bad, it's time for a change of pace!" Well we get chased around by bounty hunters (the passenger is a smuggler who wanted a vacation) and get to the first location and I'm dialing in the coordinates for the return ship when the passenger says "good job pilot, let's get to the next location." I double take and freak out. I plot his course and was like "oh shit, there's another 250LY!" I take a closer look at the contract and realize that there's friggen THREE MORE LEGS! I panic but whatever, let's just see what happens.

    Once this second leg started, the bounty hunters got way more aggressive. At each system I was interdicted. I wanted to just quickly charge the frame shift drive as soon as I arrived, but with a puny fuel tank I had to rub the ship's belly on every other star for a minute to scoop fuel (I was worried that the next few stars may not have hydrogen). So I just kept getting jumped, and escaped interdiction each time. 48 me, 0 bounty hunters. The one part I kinda felt pride in for all this. Finally got the escape down after failing it so many times and dying in my first 40hrs in the game.

    Anyhow, an hour into this nightmare, my boss in real life calls me unexpectedly after hours because someone in my workplace got corona. So I rip off my headphones, put the call on speaker phone and continue to run away from my pursuers while talking to my boss. Luckily I haven't been in contact with the person who got corona but I still have to stay home for a few days.

    In the end, made it back in one piece. 4 million credits richer, 2hrs of my night burnt in fiery stress, lesson learned: READ THE DAMN CONTRACT.

    I also want to say, what a great game. 50+hrs in and not stopping anytime soon. See you out there CMDRs! o7

    submitted by /u/Mitachibana
    [link] [comments]

    Was given a medium pad while flying a Dolphin, zoomed out to find a nice comparison of the three pad sizes.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:14 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment