• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 09, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 09, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 09, 2020)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:49 AM PST

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Recently took a trip to the edge of the galaxy! Quite eerie in the darkness.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:05 AM PST

    I finally did it. I found two full never visited before systems. I put my name on it. Sorry pretty mundane but its my first.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:40 AM PST

    Someone mapped out a Giant Dick!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:26 PM PST

    (Fairly) new player here. I managed to leave the Inner Orion Spur for the first time today!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:29 PM PST

    This games kept me alive, honestly

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:41 AM PST

    I'm going through a really brutal breakup, and honestly at this point the only reason I'm still alive after it is because of this game. I've owned it since launch, but I'd never put time into it like I have been lately. Feels good to have a python after years of getting wrecked by them on bounty hunting missions. Thank you Frontier for making this masterpiece, and thank you community for showing me how to enjoy it. When I feel grim, I fire up some tunes and go mine some painite, and for those hours life's simple and I'm OK. For that experience I truly can't thank the devs or the community enough.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Axod123
    [link] [comments]

    My first discovery of a Wolf-Rayet star, situated 3480 LY above the galaxy. Such a beauty!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:35 AM PST

    Go home space, you drunk.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:39 PM PST

    New Ghost Location - First Find, SPOILERS

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Ok, so first off here's the background and the what's up about what I found. I was flying to GM Celphi(I think this is the system) and I found the first listening post (A) as I was flying through. Went to it, and got the logs. Didn't think too much of it but I gave the system to a friend. He (BatGaz) then went and found 2 other stations and stopped there. I went out there and traced his steps to find the following information. I am as far as I'm aware, first to find this place. It's nowhere else online as far as I can tell.

    Anyway, let's get into it. SPOILERS AHEAD, NO TAKE BACKS!

    I started at:

    Col 285 Sector UB-T A33-4

    to find what I call Listening Point A. You'll get a message that tells you two other systems.

    Listen Point B: Col 285 Sector SF-N C7-2 Listen Point C: Col 285 Sector AX-S A33-0

    Each of the points will point to the other two points IIRC. As you unlock the 3 listening points, each message will also contain a nugget of information. What we are looking for is on planet 6A, lat 35.34, long. -137.66. The messages also say that from point A, it's 32-34ly away. From B, it's 23-25ly away. From C, it's 29-32ly away. With all of this information, and after a couple hours of just semi-aimed random jumps... I turned to my wife to ask if she could make her cthulu-math(what I call graphs/long math) make my search smaller. Long story about calculators, batteries, and w/e later, I take 2 jumps to find:

    Col 285 Sector NP-W A31-3

    This system is the correct LY ranges away from each point. It has 6+ planets, where the 6th has a moon (6A). Go there and find:

    Extraction Site HS-98

    There are NPC's flying around, which caught me off guard but there's a mining facility there. There are 5 logs to find here. I won't spoil what they say yet, because I don't wanna be that guy...

    I don't know how to do the black text stuff either, so...

    I'll wait a few days before I update this post with the story I found. It's fairly spooky! Whooooo, ghost stuff!

    UPDATE1: ITS A TEXT ONLY LOG, NO VOICE ACTING HERE. I did not notice that on my first look over and a comment pointed that out. If you're after voice logs, don't come here.

    UPDATE2: https://imgur.com/PRPBt7L Here's a picture of what you can expect to find.

    Edit1: I messed up the long. and forgot the - FIXED to help future searchers.

    submitted by /u/Sharm295
    [link] [comments]

    Discovered my own neutron star system with an ELW ! Possible retirement home :)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:32 AM PST

    To the CMDR who interdicted me in the Perktomen system...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:22 AM PST

    ...that was quite the intense experience, quite fun actually. Perhaps we shall meet again, me with a belly full of painite and you, a belly full of missiles. My mining trips have become boring, perhaps you can change that.

    submitted by /u/Ytisrite
    [link] [comments]

    Some nice scars in the CG combat.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:39 AM PST

    Today I've completed my very first 10.000ly round trip outside the bubble, and I decided to take some screenshots while I was venturing into the black

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:11 PM PST

    New Thargoid Sensors not pointing towards Merope anymore.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:16 PM PST

    New Thargoid Sensors not pointing towards Merope anymore.

    This one is pointing near and past the Coal Sack.
    This sensor was looted from the crashed ship on planet 6a of the LTT 1935 (The system the Feds and Imps are fighting over right now)

    https://preview.redd.it/smip33971by51.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=416df8a1ee19ab2171734ad0e067aa386dfad6e3

    I've been attempting to decode the morse-code signal but I am no expert. All I know is that the Tharg sensors have changed their orientation towards the PRAE EUQ sector, or possibly the opposite direction, from HYADES Sector RL-H A25-0.

    The signal is so distorted that there is no way to normalize the values to isolate highs and lows. Listening to it and attempting to understand the signals is so far the only way to decode this.

    submitted by /u/Daverex_
    [link] [comments]

    Planetary Nebula make for epic backdrops!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:03 AM PST

    What if fighters had landing gear?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Was thinking about this the other day. I like to explore in an Anaconda, and usually bring some fighters for flying around planet surfaces, canyon racing, and general enjoyment. I think it would be really cool if with the addition of Odyssey, fighters could land on a planet to let you walk around. I really like the sound of parking my Conda at the top of the atmosphere, and sending down a fighter as a shuttle to the surface.

    I doubt this will ever actually happen, but what do you guys think? Is there a reason fighters shouldn't have landing gear?

    submitted by /u/yoLeaveMeAlone
    [link] [comments]

    This might be something about Raxxla or at least its symbol at the codex

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:39 AM PST

    This might be something about Raxxla or at least its symbol at the codex

    I stumbled upon Silent Running movie released in USA at the year 1972. Name was familiar to me and it made me curious.

    Storyline

    >! In a future Earth barren of all flora and fauna, the planet's ecosystems exist only in large pods attached to spacecraft. When word comes in that the pods are to be jettisoned into space and destroyed, most of the crew of the Valley Forge rejoice at the prospect of going home. Not so for botanist Freeman Lowell, who loves the forest and its creatures. He kills his colleagues taking the ship deep into space. Alone on the craft with his only companions being three small robots, Lowell revels in joys of nature. When colleagues appear to "rescue" him, he realizes he has only one option available to him. !<

    There is some things that make me think about the Elite: Dangerous. First, the name "Silent Running" which is a term for silencing engines and doing some sneaky things.
    And then lead role characters name Freeman Lowell - (Lowell class megaships)

    I don't want to spoil the movie for people who might want to watch later. Sorry about the spoiler tags.

    After they released the greenhouses there was this short clips shown for few seconds that reminds me the symbol of the raxxla at the codex.

    Raxxla symbol at the codex page

    POV from greenhouse

    POV from station

    I merged the two pictures above and made it one, marked all the resembling things that looks familiar to raxxla symbol

    submitted by /u/imathargoid
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the Federation win every CG?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:25 PM PST

    I'll be cautious because I've seen rule 3, but this has always bugged me and I haven't found a thread to answer my question. I've played this game since 2016, but there's a trend I've noticed. Every time there is a Federation vs Empire CG, the Federation wins. This bugs me because every time I see am Empire vs Federation CG, the Empire seems to have more players fighting for it and yet it keeps getting absolutely hammered by the Federation every time.

    So, my question is, how come?

    Why do so many players seem to fight for the Federation when I and so many others have come across a lot more Imperial commanders? Why do the Feds always win those community goals even though they seem to be hated by the community?

    submitted by /u/thelordschosenginger
    [link] [comments]

    Managed to land her on a 4.74G planet with flight assist off, a bit wrecked but looks good enough for a first try

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:04 AM PST

    My first nutron star

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:17 AM PST

    How do you like my bright new babe, CMDRs? I'm talking about that Viper Mk IV by the way.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:55 PM PST

    Just a couple of screenshots

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:32 AM PST

    3 days of travel, about 450 jumps, *way* too many FSS scans, and finally my beloved Dolphin made it to Explorer's Anchorage.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:01 PM PST

    Recent pics that i'm proud of, with my relatively new Star Destr- uh... Federal Corvette. I love it so far, anyone has any recommendations for hardpoint loadouts (non-modified)?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:21 AM PST

    New HUD Color Mod (PC) as seen on D2EA's YouTube Channel

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:43 AM PST

    New HUD Color Mod (PC) as seen on D2EA's YouTube Channel

    Haven't seen it posted on here yet..

    There is a new HUD color tool that allows you to change things without the usual problem's with portraits or the RADAR changing . It is only in Beta and comes with some "pre-sets" and options that allow you to dim the HUD and cabin lights.

    It doesn't allow you to 100% customize everything (yet) but the creator is working on it and would love people to help him.

    D2EA has pinned a comment on the video from the creator if you want to help out.

    Links:

    Down to Earth Astronomy Video

    Tool Link on Onedrive

    Install Guide on Pastebin

    EDIT: D2EA's video shows you how to make the custom colors persist each time you start the game. This info is not included in the instructions as far as I can see.

    Here is my HUD using the mod.......

    https://preview.redd.it/vg3xcc7xb7y51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=8200ff58c8003b419314a45163519de4af608a85

    submitted by /u/The_Gump_AU
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment