• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 22, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Make autodocking faster with 1400cr

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:13 AM PST

    Black Hole - Pull us out of here Jonnesy! Attraction gonna blow us out! (Concept Art)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:40 AM PST

    "Silver Liner" - Mamba Yacht

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:47 AM PST

    The ultimate bask. For her Greatness.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:25 AM PST

    they say lightening doesn't strike twice...

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:01 AM PST

    Ride eternal, Shiny, and Chrome!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 05:53 PM PST

    1:1 Scale Sidewinder in Minecraft with interior

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:08 AM PST

    The first time activating a guardian terminal. It was scary but amazing at the same time.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:43 AM PST

    There are many neutron stars out there. This is the one I discovered.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 11:55 PM PST

    I'M SO EXCITED!!! AND HAPPY!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:24 AM PST

    I feel so bad... (you found a note at the stations lounge)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:54 AM PST

    I feel so bad... I just killed one or more people out of over-confidence!

    What happened...?

    Well, after obtaining my pilot-licence few weeks ago, i was going to find my way in the galaxy and tried different things. My skills and experience improved fast after leaving the training grounds. Everyone had only praises for me for being as fast learner and reliable Commander.

    Shortly after i was recommended for Chief-Petty-Officer, i received my first invite for a big Wing-mission, i was freaking out, those Elite-pilots want me in their wing, i was overjoyed!

    While they waited for me a few jumps away, i made some adjustments in a hurry to my Viper IV, i wanted to make sure my ship is up to the task, so i won't disappoint anyone.

    I undocked and noticed there was a waiting line to leave the station... An Aliance-Crusader aligned just about itself with the slot to leave (verrry slowly) and two more ships behind it, so i decided to skip the line and fly out alongside since the other wingmembers are waiting and i didn't want to come late for my first time.

    With half speed and two pips ahead (i know, that's way to fast, but if you fly a Viper all day, it doesn't feel that way) to the free part of the slot... On the half way there, the slot was clear, except of the Aliance-Crusader that has just entered the slot. Since the way is clear, i decide to boost out before there's incoming traffic.

    In the next 2 seconds the following happened: Just as i hit boost (which accelerates me to 500m/s in less than a second, you really got to trust your inertial dampers), a T9 appeared on the other end of the slot. Immediately i rolled 90 degrees and targeted the small free space between the ships in the slot. I oversteered a bit (happens fast with boost), but i was able to correct that in time and i passed between both ships without touching either of them. Well, i scraped my shields a little bit while passing the fence, but i mastered the situation quite elegant and was padding myself on my shou*BAAMMM*!

    I hit something right outside the fence... i just saw a shadow for a fraction of a second... /incoming fine for reckless flying/ ... Then i heard the sounds of colliding metal with the station.... *clang*puff*puff*KABOOM* ... /Bounty inbound/ ... Flashes all around me, alarm, gas leaks, red blinking warn lights, more alarms... darkness...

    I woke up in a detention facility, it seems my remlok kept me alive until authorities fished me out of the wreckage that was once my ship. I've done my time and payed up. Now i'm sitting in the station's lounge at a remote station, trying to order my feelings, how can i face the wingmembers after this mess? They even generously decided that, i shall receive a share of the mission anyway, but that means i have to return to the station where all this started. I couldn't bring up the courage to go back there, not now, drinking some Caustic Dribbles didn't help so far either...

    I hoped writing down the incident would help somehow, but i still feel so ashamed.

    submitted by /u/CMDR-Illia-Khouri
    [link] [comments]

    Can sensors get a buff already?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:07 PM PST

    Also, I'd like to not have to be in SC to do SCA to a location.

    But yeah. Sensors have some of the nuttiest cost/weight/performance ratios I've seen. You all know the drill. Yet for some reason, the only engineering that makes any kind of sense is the lightweight mod. Sure, I could widen my scan arc, but what does that do for me? I could double the weight of my sensors to see as far out as gasp 13 Km; if I get a really big, heavy array, but I have no reason to buy anything more than 1a save for the fact that I can't under-size my sensors.

    I demand experimental effects! Auto-scan targets in range, reduce jitter from my gimballed/turreted weapons, or at the absolute least let me see further than my naked eyes could. Faster scanning- 360 degrees of scanning arc, ANYTHING to justify strapping 6-12 sidewinders to my ship.

    submitted by /u/AtheistGuy1
    [link] [comments]

    Courier Job Available

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:12 AM PST

    Short Christmas cartoon to warm up.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 11:42 AM PST

    If you're not stopping to take a picture of your landed ship; you've chosen the wrong ship!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    Fuel Rat 100,000 Rescues Poster Contest, controller as 1st price ... last days

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:48 AM PST

    Fuel Rat 100,000 Rescues Poster Contest, controller as 1st price ... last days

    Cheers Commanders, last chance to submit a poster for the 100,000 Rescues Poster Contest of the Fuel Rats Artists Collective. Frontier has promised a HOTAS (Quote: "usually Saitek 52 Pro") for the winner and community packs for 2nd and 3rd! Deadline is December 24.So grab your brushes and paint awayyyy ... ^o">

    Details: https://www.fuelratart.org/ratartcontest.html

    Happy designing,

    Uvelius

    FRACurator

    https://www.fuelratart.org/ratartcontest.html

    submitted by /u/UveliusSang
    [link] [comments]

    SRV Basics

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:44 PM PST

    been playing for about a year now and im pretty sure this is the best view ive seen!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:35 PM PST

    The hell kind of space magic is this...

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Excited to finally get that sweet, sweet chrome paint job for my exploration Beluga, Gothos’ Folly

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:01 PM PST

    "There's a system that keeps on calling me, in the black that's where I'll always be. Every stop I make, I scan a new star. Can't stay for long, just turn around I'm gone. Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down, until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on"

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:42 AM PST

    My favorite type of NSP: Lagrange Storm Clouds

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    The Galaxy Awaits!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 05:08 PM PST

    First time leaving the bubble and I got Witchhead, Barnard's Loop, Horsehead, Running man, Orion and California Nebulas in one picture... even Adromeda its here ������

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:44 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment