• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for calling Lakon Spaceways , “Hard-working ships for hard working people.” How may I direct your call?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:08 AM PST

    My wife is a biology teacher and today she said "thargoid" instead of "tardigrade", so I prepared a little infographic to help her

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    Who else departed station more than three decades ago?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    After 365 hours in game, I finally got to add one of these to my fleet.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:56 AM PST

    Me showing my non-ED friends my Type-6 Transporter

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 03:30 PM PST

    Dear CMDR: Enjoy the rebuy.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    (TL;DR) This is a throwaway account but there is a reason for my in game name. This foolish CMDR crossed me while leaving his ship defenseless and when I saw my moment of opportunity, I took it.

    (Edit) Thanks for all the funny, helpful, and awesome replies! I really love this community and game despite its flaws and hope to see more of you out in the black! o7

    I really did have a laugh at the predicament that I found myself in when I landed at the guardian ruins. I just wanted to enjoy some Netflix and grinding away a few pieces of guardian tech. However, as we all know that rarely actually happens the way we want.

    I landed my weak little Phantom on the surface and get out of my SRV and see that another CMDR is also enjoying the grind. I start making my way over to see if he would like to work together and before I can get a word out he starts shooting at me! The audacity! I frantically try to tell him to stop while in full reverse but to no avail. I eventually stop as I am not going to try to fight back in an SRV because that is child's play. I let him kill me knowing full well that my short temper is already getting the best of me.

    Now I subscribe to the idea that you should dismiss your ship when you land on a planet for an extended amount of time because anyone can come up and shoot it while you can do nothing but watch. When I spawned in my ship, I knew that there was only one thing to do. I was only a few Kilometres from the site, so I fly back down and see a really nice looking Krait Mk2 sitting right next to the site. As soon as it is within range I start melting it's shields with my beams.

    I was going to turn away once his shields were down, but then I saw his stupid SRV frantically makings its way back to the ship and I said to myself "that simply won't do!" Right as he gets to the ship, the hull hit 1% and I knew it was over. I really do hope this was a learning lesson to be more diplomatic and kind because you never know when you will be stranded on a planet hundreds of light years from the bubble.

    submitted by /u/Dramatic-Delay3969
    [link] [comments]

    Night vision bubble

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Elite never fails to impress. After a break of 7 months I got rewarded for coming back with this view, within less than an hour.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:45 AM PST

    The grind was worth it

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    i came home from hours of mining and this thing greets me

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:12 AM PST

    Uhhm... I somehow managed to land... on air?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    They really need to work on making these better.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:12 PM PST

    I succeeded to kill a ganker, now my Anaconda looks like a wreck

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:14 AM PST

    Thank You Random Fleet Carrier Commander

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:44 AM PST

    So I was taking a 1.5K Ly trip away from the bubble to collect raw materials. Upon arriving at my first destination I realized that I hadnt equipped an SRV. I was about to flip my table over when I noticed a few Fleet Carriers in the system. What a relief, one of them had SRV bays in outfitting. So instead of wasting more than an hour flying to the bubble an back it took me less than 10 minutes.

    All that to say: Thank you CMDR in charge of the fleet carrier named "Guns/Modules For Sale", you, Sir, are a hero.

    submitted by /u/andrelmartinsf2
    [link] [comments]

    2 weeks since I started to play this game and i am falling in love with... Not only the game but also the community!! I thank you all who helped me with guides and tips, finally bought my first imperial cutter!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    PSA: Grind - How to get Federation & Empire rank in 1-2 days - Jan 2021

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    Update: 14th Jan 2021 - This method still works and is up to date, based on the reports I get every week from the community!


    Disclaimer: I do not claim the locations of those systems my own discovery. For example Empire grind tip is well known (I will just cover it shortly, so it will be under same topic) and Federation rank was discovered by user: MozartMcLaus in the official forums - I do not know if that is his commander name. I know this all works, as I grinded my Empire rank in 6h and Federation rank 8h. During that time I did took some bathroom and dinner breaks. Note things might change, missions get nerfed or system status might change the amount of missions you get etc. If you notice something does not work, come back later and it might will work. I thought of keeping Federation grind spot quite under the hood for my squadron here, but nobody really needs to rank grind anymore so I figured I share it more so public as it will have some use for those who need it.

    Also because my old posts got archived: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/dn57h8/psa_grind_how_to_get_federation_empire_rank_in_12/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/g9y56s/psa_grind_how_to_get_federation_empire_rank_in_12/

    I decided to create more up to date version what also gives other community members ablility to comment etc.


    Empire Ranking :

    Things you need:

    1. Ship - I recommend small ship DBX / Cobra / Hauler (reason you will landing outposts and in times medium pads are full so you better grab something small + those are outposts).

    Location:

    Mainani - Mies van der Rohe's Claim

    What to do:

    1. Grab all the Data delivery missions and deliver them only to Ngalinn and just keep going between those systems.

    2. If you get rank up mission just take Data delivery mission to Mainani or Ngalinn.

    3. Watch this how to video from Captain Archer


    Federation Ranking :

    Things you need:

    1. Ship with largest amount of cargo (Cutter / Type-9 / Anaconda) - I use 664T Cutter and at times I'm short.

    Location:

    Go system: Canopus (309ly from Sol) - Rangarajan's Base (42,415 ls from star)

    What to do:

    1. Once docked take every Data delivery mission and look for Cargo delivery missions (not the ones what ask you to buy anything or collect from the signal sources), that go to system: Exphiay (8.06ly from Canopus). Note: As there is only couple of systems 300ly range, but you still get main missions between Canopus and Exphiay. Ignore planet missions!

    2. Travel to system Exphiay (8.06ly from Canopus) and pick any station (861ls away) - note both stations are just 1ls from each other!

    3. Deliver all the Data and Cargo missions and pick new ones from Worlidge Hub and James K Winston station (once you take from one station go pick from another). Take all the Data and Cargo missions back to Canopus.

    4. Be ready for many interdictions as you carry cargo. Best advice is to just play the minigame and that is it. Most things that hunt you are NPC Type-10s / Anacondas and FDLs.

    Note:

    Sometimes you get Rep+++++ missions (for example) / those are rare, but happen. If you look for Navy mission, then only grab data or cargo missions on your grind path. Best time to run missions there is based on the state of the systems too.

    If you have taken all the cargo missions from the federation Npcs you can take cargo missions from other Npcs too. Because in times mission is going for the next system Federation Npc what in return increases your rank!

    If you get Donation missions (credits and nothing else) for those 2 Federation NPCs - take and do them! Rest of the NPCs Donation missions are only good if you need to build REP up with them. You can ignore them after.

    One negative downside is the 42,415 ls travel in one of the system, but it is much better as cargo missions give you much more REP than some data mission hopping in Ceos and Sothis over the course of 2 weeks or so. Data missions are nice for early rank, but later get really really small REP givers. So that is why cargo missions are better.


    Of course this method means you do need to own larger ship. Mining is still viable way to make money:

    Great video from Down to Earth Astronomy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck0DU3BuO-0 or just visit /r/EliteMiners/.

    As with the combat changes you can do Combat missions, Combat Zones, Res sites or even looking Pirate Threat (systems with Civil Unrest) if you can handle them. Feel free to ask around in /r/EliteBountyHunters/ if you have any questions about builds and what to do.


    Share with your friends. Best of luck CMDRs!

    CMDR Seffron

    o7

    submitted by /u/sev0
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this in the text comms and it seemed odd to me. Firstly that was an NPC with a picture that isnt just the default and also that last message seems very strange

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:52 PM PST

    Went to my first Thargoid Ruin today. Was expecting horribleness and death, all I got was speeeeen

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:40 AM PST

    "The West Veil Nebulae"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:23 AM PST

    PROPAGANDA!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 03:19 PM PST

    How do I get the feeling of big gun energy?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:31 AM PST

    When I think of big spaceships I don't think of pew pew pew, or bdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdlike the burst lazers, or the cht-cht-cht-cht of multicannons. I want to feel the NEEEEEEEROW of big lasers and the GZSH GZSH GZSH of the cannons or eeeeeeeeeeeBOOM of missiles or something along those lines.

    I recently finally have a somewhat-kitted anaconda, but every time I try to get that big gun energy going, I feel like the builds suck, especially with missiles. Can CMDRs here give any advice on any builds that scratch this itch (railguns have a tiny bit, but I feel like I have pair them with more reliable boring guns)?

    Thank you! o7

    submitted by /u/weareabassi
    [link] [comments]

    Tried getting guardian data for the first time, ended up getting my SRV stuck for the first time.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:11 PM PST

    Just... another day on Orna 8.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:09 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment