• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    *UPDATE* When your wife shows interest in ED so you help her with her setup... and now you're only the second best pilot in the house

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:48 AM PST

    Instead of Scarab they should have called it the Praying Mantis :P

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:56 AM PST

    Someone having fun with the heat map

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:26 AM PST

    I sold my Anaconda

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    After a long while of using my Anaconda... I got fed up with it.

    It's too big to park in many valuable stations, very slow to maneuver for mining or combat, even just using super cruise felt sluggish. I would rather fly my Mamba for bounty hunting, I can actually catch up with fleeing targets, dogfight smaller ships more easily, and I have the option of boosting away from a bad fight.

    So I sold it, "downgraded" to a Python which has much better handling in and out of super cruise, easier and faster to park at a station, while being capable of parking at any station I need to be. Jump range is about the same with 30LY from an engineered FSD. I can still carry over 100 tons of cargo without having to compromise on shields, fuel scoop, collector limpets, or the SRV bay... And I bought the ship and fully A-rated everything for less than it would cost just to A-rate an anaconda's reactor.

    To all other new commanders, bigger isn't always better. Consider your needs carefully before you decide to invest in something. Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's objectively an upgrade. You might be better off using the money to buy two smaller and more specialized ships.

    submitted by /u/Tornado_XIII
    [link] [comments]

    Finally joined the 65kLY club!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:18 AM PST

    Fear and Loathing in the Pleiades

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:24 PM PST

    First time using the Scarab! I might not have anyone to play with but damn is it fun to explore the galaxy! To more adventures ahead!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:57 AM PST

    Okay, this freaked me out!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:27 AM PST

    Mission Success. Meet the newest ship in my fleet...the Wilhuff :)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Part 4 of my journey: visited a lot of places , some fascinating yet some were dangerous. At the last spot wrecked my ship to 60% on high gravity planet (you can see the condition of my ship at some screenshots :) ) hope you'll like the shots o7

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    Finally arrived!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:16 AM PST

    New sheriff in town

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:14 PM PST

    System with 2 suns very close... me being a smart lad i forgot to bookmark it :)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:19 AM PST

    "One day Cmdr, we will meet face to face and that will be the best of days!"

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:42 PM PST

    SRV should have a toggle for rear steering.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:29 AM PST

    The SRV has a ridiculous amount of oversteer at any speed over 10m/s. I couldn't put my finger on why the thing behaves so squirrelly until I started messing around with the camera while driving. It's the rear wheel steering.

    Rear wheel steering is great for maneuverability at low speeds, but once you get any kind of momentum built up it totally destroys a vehicles handling, which is why the SRV goes from straight to sideways in the blink of an eye.

    Simplest solution would be to have a toggle lock the rear wheels, call it travel mode or whatever, it would make a world of difference while covering longer distances planetside.

    submitted by /u/Ahrizen1
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't been able to play Elite for a week because my access to Horizons content is blocked and I cannot land on planets. I opened a ticket a week ago with no resolution and I keep getting these generic replies with smiley faces from Frontier support.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:20 AM PST

    After three months in the black, finally arrived at Beagle Point and DSSA Distant Worlds. A nice salute for a long journey. O7 CMDRs.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:11 PM PST

    Psychedelic Space Rock

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:43 PM PST

    I recently found a cool playlist of songs on YouTube that were titled 'Psychedelic Space Rock'. I started listening to this while I was playing Elite and OMG it's fits so perfectly. Mining, mission running or exploring, it just fits!

    Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ors0wpcVDcc

    I've transcribed it into a Spotify playlist here (and added a few others):

    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/465p93dZzOewPEPEuaer0w?si=14Rohfx2Tn2yLwBawWy9cQ

    Start Elite, Mute the in-game music and hit play on this playlist and feel the vibe of the unknown!

    submitted by /u/kalekold
    [link] [comments]

    Here's some pictures from my Beagle expedition!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:56 PM PST

    Meet my new ship Mikasa. Also the baby ship, let's call him Armin.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:07 PM PST

    Minimalistic Powerplay Characters

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:24 PM PST

    New Year, New Discoveries 3307, Mass Jump 4!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:38 PM PST

    Economic cold war in some remote system, between the 7th Space Division and the Hull Seals, upwards of 6 carriers at a time at points. System is in the bottom left if you wanna see. The 7SD try to trick noobs into slave mining for Void Opal, Hull Seals there to rescue and countermine for profit too.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:22 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment