• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 23, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    CM Arf: Elite/Horizons (PEGI 7?) CMDRs won't instance with Odyssey (higher PEGI rating) CMDRs on non-atmos planets because of rating restrictions

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 11:55 AM PST

    Friendly Encounter with a Basilisk Thargoid �� out in the light for a change ! Just beautiful!

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 05:48 AM PST

    Taught my auto-pilot... Ahem I mean.. Girlfriend... how to play elite and explore. I come home from a 12 shift and found her here.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 12:15 PM PST

    Lego Cobra mk 3 Nanoscale

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 03:09 PM PST

    I like 'em THICC

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 12:03 PM PST

    Cmdr Flossy out ratting. Saving the galaxy; one fueltank at a time.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 08:41 AM PST

    Robbing Cmdrs at the recent CG with a Hauler.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 09:27 AM PST

    Started 2 months ago, today got my first elite rank ��

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Asp X love

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    Flyby

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 03:13 PM PST

    Finally worthy

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 09:58 PM PST

    Thank you, DSSA Eleanor

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 11:19 AM PST

    I left the bubble a month ago and have been inching my way towards Beagle Point. After a long session, I found myself within 7,000ly and decided to log off.

    I don't know why I developed this compulsion but I can't log off in space — I have to find a landable body to set down on. So I did that. Found a completely normal, low-G moon and swooped down for a landing. And due to no reason other than my own negligence, I completely misjudged my entry speed and THWACK! Hit the surface hard. Popped my shield and lost 80% of my hull. Thought I was a goner for sure.

    Now, the odds of me doing that again before reaching the finish line are pretty slim. But I still felt, like, deep anxiety about continuing to fly in that condition (I'm carrying 350+ mil in scan data and haven't docked since Colonia). I'd probably quit the game for a while if I died that far into the journey.

    But lo! A mere 1,000ly away: a beacon of hope and forethought! The DSSA Eleanor was sitting dutifully in orbit of a lonesome star at the edge of the Abyss, waiting for dumb-asses like me in need of repairs and shelter.

    I'm now healed up, back on track, and less than 20 jumps from Beagle Point. I'm going to make it!

    Big ups to the Deep Space Support Array and the owner of the fleet carrier Eleanor. Truly amazing player initiative. Y'all saved my ass and peace of mind.

    Cheers and o7

    -VF-

    submitted by /u/vonfett
    [link] [comments]

    Pretending I’m Perseverance landing on Mars. Don’t mind the Geysers.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 05:25 AM PST

    Painted up my first 3D printed Lakon! My Colonia "van" :D

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Daily Email tabloid, 24th February 3307

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 03:07 PM PST

    I miss you, Chieftain

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Demystifying the fleet carrier decommissioning process and Codex errors

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 01:03 AM PST

    Fleet carrier decommissioning is a mysterious process and, through a series of experiments conducted for the Fleet Carrier Owners Club (r/FCOC), I've demystified some of it - and have found the Codex entry is wrong in several places.

    Here are the most important findings. There's a full summary post here.

    The Codex says or implies... Actual behaviour
    Most core services will cease to function during the Pending Decommission state Most core services remain operational during the Pending Decommission state, including navigation, tritium donation and the market
    You have at least one week before your carrier becomes fully decommissioned and inaccessible The carrier was decommissioned in just under five days
    You will receive a refund for installed optional services, stock and cargo You will not be refunded for these
    Other commanders docked, or with stored ships and modules, will receive communications about the decommissioning process Other commanders receive no communications at all

    If you're going to decommission your carrier, make sure to remove all optional services and keep an eye on the decommission timer.

    submitted by /u/JonSatriani
    [link] [comments]

    Space Camping, my first time stopping at a geo spot.

    Posted: 22 Feb 2021 11:52 PM PST

    A drawing i commissioned! Credit to BEETLE_JUDE

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 03:09 PM PST

    How I learned to stop worrying and love the grind

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Hello commanders,

    Long time lurker, first time poster.

    tl;dr - applying my own constraints and story (ie roleplaying) to Elite Dangerous makes it way more immersive and enjoyable for me. New players - maybe don't let the "80/mil per hour" style grind guides ruin Elite Dangerous for you.

    Don't get me wrong - the guides are awesome and I mean no offense to the creators of those guides, or the commanders that this story does not resonate with.

    I've been playing off and on since August 2016. I realized I take long breaks from the game because I get so burnt out by the grinds - credits, unlocking engineers, Federation rep, guardian technology, etc...

    Anyways, I decided to start playing again to get ready for Odyssey. I'm trying to think of something to do, and I decide that maybe I should unlock the Imperial ships. I look up the best way to do this online, and I simply can't bring myself to do the latest Empire version of the Sothis/Ceos grind, even if it's only 6 - 8 hours. I'm tired of these meta grinds that don't represent real gameplay. I still want to unlock these ships - but how do I make it fun?

    I also realized that with my ~600,000,000 loose credits and my almost fully engineered Krait MK2 would make missions trivial, but there's no way I'm giving up all of my previous unlocks and starting fresh, either.

    So I decide to roleplay that I've been sent into exile and will be working my way up the Imperial Navy in earnest. I parked all of my ships at Jameson Memorial. I bought a Hauler, outfitted it with a fuel scoop and a frame shift drive, and then dumped all of my money into upgrading an Anaconda, save for about 10,000 credits.

    I loaded up my in-game playlist with the Empire Codex entries and then flew as close to Achenar as I could and picked a new home base. I did courier and salvage missions until I became an Outsider, and then I purchased my Imperial Eagle and sold the hauler. I was struggling to afford upgrades and retain savings of 3x rebuy, when I accepted a Disable the Megaship Turrets mission for a cool ~800,000 credits.

    After disabling the turret, the megaship defenses promptly and unemotionally knocked my shit in, down to about 40% hull. Embarrassingly, I don't have enough fuel to jump out of the system. I'm wanted, so I use silent running to thwart a scan and dock safely at a nearby settlement. I can't refuel and repair, so I turn myself in.

    With a 1E fuel scoop and a ~10 LY jump range, I slowly hauled my disgraced ass back 12 jumps to my home system.

    I'm just about to be a Serf, and should have enough money to upgrade to a Courier by the time I unlock it. If I followed the latest guidance I would probably be a Duke in the same amount of time, but this "new start" has been the most fun I've had playing Elite Dangerous in the last 4 years. I'm embarrassed that it took me so long to figure this out.

    I think I've seen similar sentiments expressed over the years, but I felt like sharing my story, in case there are other, similarly periodically burnt out commanders. Or to new commanders - it's okay to take your time with Elite Dangerous. There are a lot of great mechanics/systems in Elite Dangerous, give it your imagination and it'll give back.

    CMDR Ducky05

    o7

    submitted by /u/CommanderDucky05
    [link] [comments]

    Elite: Dangerous Zoom backgrounds for those of us trapped in endless video meetings?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 10:59 AM PST

    I have a confession to make: Every day, I am trapped in endless video meetings that could be emails. If a meeting is especially pointless and my input is not required but my attendance is, I play Elite in a different window. The upside is that I look really engaged and thoughtful, so that's nice, and decades of playing online with friends have made me an expert at talking while playing in case I do need to say something. I am reasonably sure I'm not the only one.

    This got me thinking. If I were FDev community management, I'd put out some Zoom backgrounds featuring different cockpits so players can rep their favorite spaceships. Anyone know if people have created E:D Zoom backgrounds? If so, where can I find them? And if not... can we use the camera suite to create some?

    submitted by /u/International_XT
    [link] [comments]

    Yay!!! I reached Colonia, 3 days 4Hrs... not too bad... still only a Ranger which sucks.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Exploring

    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 08:30 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment