• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Community Goal - Engineer Liz Ryder's Enhanced Missile Rack Initiative

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:01 AM PST

    Community Goals


    @EliteDangerous: "Mine materials for the Eurybia system in this week's #CommunityGoal and you could unlock a unique Missile Rack!"


    The engineer Liz Ryder has requested mined materials to help make a previously unique ship module widely available.

    The module is a fully engineered lightweight and high capacity Class 2 Seeker Missile Rack with thermal cascade. It was offered in October 3306 to pilots who helped defend the Eurybia system from Imperial forces. At the time, the Empire suspected Liz Ryder of supplying weapons to the NMLA terrorist group.

    Ms Ryder has announced that her aim is to make this specially modified weapon available for purchase at all human technology brokers.

    To support the initiative, shipments of bromellite, lithium hydroxide, osmium and samarium can be delivered to the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system.

    Each tier reached will further reduce the resources required for acquiring the module in the first two weeks of availability, starting on the 12th of February 3307.

    • Proto Light Alloys base requirements 16, reduced by two for each tier above Tier 1.
    • Conductive Ceramics base requirements 24, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
    • Hybrid Capacitors base requirements 26, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
    • Phosphorus base requirements 28, reduced by four for each tier above Tier 1.
    • Osmium base requirements 10, reduced by one for each tier above Tier 1.

    If the initiative is successful, Liz Ryder will gift the module to the top 75% of pilots. The module will be placed in storage at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system by the 12th of February 3307.

    To be eligible for rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Bromellite, Lithium Hydroxide, Osmium and Samarium at the Awyra Flirble starport in the Eurybia system.

    Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

    • System = Eurybia
    • Station = Awyra Flirble
    • Objective = Osmium, Bromellite, Samarium, Lithium Hydroxide
    • Commodity List = Osmium, Bromellite, Samarium, Lithium Hydroxide
    • Current / Target = 0 / 3200000
    • Expires = in 7 days

    Important Information on the Enhanced Missile Rack Initiative

    Greetings commanders,

    Today we launched the first mining community goal since the release of Fleet Carriers and we're happy to see you are as excited to take part as we are! We've noticed some confusion regarding the mechanics of the goal which we would like to address so you can get right back to earning that fantastic reward!

    Purchasing materials from Fleet Carriers

    The latest Community Goal is a mining community goal, which means your materials need to be mined in order to count. If you purchase these materials from a Fleet Carrier then it will not contribute.

    Tech Broker reward

    The reward for this week's goal works differently to how you may expect. Rather than unlocking the item in outfitting, you directly purchase the module with the mined resources. You can get two by obtaining double the resources.

    We hope this helps you in completing the goal and earning your unique missile rack!

    o7

    Q: does transfering, not purchasing from FC storage work? does transfering between mining ship and delivering ship work?

    The fleet carrier owner can transfer mined commodities without penalty. Buying from a fleet carrier though will invalidate the contribution.

    Q: If I mine in my Python (as I'm in a system with all ring types currently) and transfer to FC - then transfer the goodies I have mined to a delivery ship onto the CG, am I going to be wasting my time?

    If you own the fleet carrier then you should receive no penalty

    Q: can we get three by obtaining triple the resources ?! or is it a max of 2 ?

    You can purchase additional rewards by increasing the amount of resources each time.

    Q: For how long will the module be available for purchase after the CG ends? Will the module be available for everyone to purchase? (not just the top 75% of CG participants)

    There is no deadline but there will be a discount for two weeks after the CG ends should goals be met. Anyone can purchase the module

    submitted by /u/StuartGT
    [link] [comments]

    Crossing the Abyss in 50 seconds, it's over 20Kly. I will try to reach Colonia again soon.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:00 AM PST

    I feel bad every time...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:13 AM PST

    Pt.3 and the new challengers appear: The Daisy Pusher [OC]

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Trust the Empire . There is not a secret illegal super-maximum super prison.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:33 PM PST

    My filament printed Anaconda and resin printed Corvette. 3D printers are a blast.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:50 AM PST

    Brand New Corvette, had a small scare...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:48 AM PST

    White HUD blue highlights and friendlies and Red hostiles , took me forever to get these results

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:31 AM PST

    Was wondering why I couldn't land.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:58 AM PST

    Sometimes you just gotta adore the views

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:23 AM PST

    Lovely co-pilot

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:42 AM PST

    Thank you

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:53 AM PST

    Lemme just get cheesy for a moment. The playerbase of Elite is among the best I've ever seen. There's a whole group of you devoted to saving new and experienced players alike when they run out of fuel in the black. You help new players when they ask questions.

    I really wish I didn't have to take such a long hiatus in 2017. Out of all the game fanbases I've ever seen, you all are among the best, most wholesome, tightknit communities I've seen.

    o7, CMDR's.

    submitted by /u/slushiba
    [link] [comments]

    The Legend of SRV: Breath of the Wild

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:57 PM PST

    My grandfather playing Elite for the first time. Wish I could’ve got a video, most wholesome thing ever

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 06:03 PM PST

    I am a dumbass.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:35 PM PST

    I didn't think to look at the extra graphics settings when i first played the game. This while time i've been playing at 720p 60hz with a 1080p 144hz monitor. The game looks beautiful.

    submitted by /u/PeenBoiPeen
    [link] [comments]

    I play this game for the hot sun-on-sun action you might randomly interrupt.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:55 PM PST

    Oh, boy! It took me good 30 minutes to get to the Katzenstein Dock! Should've known that 500 000 for a courier job sounded suspicious. Ooh, what's this? Another courier job for 300 000? Sounds reasonable. Guess I'll just quickly pop in and get the money.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:29 PM PST

    First time at Sagittarius A*

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:17 PM PST

    Elite dangerous is a fun game. Exploring the galaxy and finding all sorts of interesting planets and phenomena is so interesting to me. One thing I try to avoid, however, are black holes. It's not that I'm scared of them. It's how they bend light. It makes me feel uncomfortable. When I first jumped into Sagittarius, I nearly threw up. She was massive. And I never expected it to just be up in your screen like "hey :D". I took one screen shot at a good distance and fled out of there. Apart from the uncomfortable feeling, I was proud of myself for not being a wuss and missing the chance of experiencing my first ever black hole in elite dangerous. Since I'm on mobile I can't add a photo into a test post so I will make another post with the photo in it if this gets enough attention.

    submitted by /u/Positive-Ear7744
    [link] [comments]

    Vaporwave Planet (CSI+46-20087)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:06 PM PST

    Didn't realise i needed a cargo rack to collect the Guardian Beacon Key. Nearest station is 200+LY away so landed my Krait and parked my SRV on top, logged out and went to bed.............. I TRAVELED 900LY TO GET HERE!!!!!!

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:05 PM PST

    Gee, I wonder if that might be a core ��

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:57 AM PST

    Server crash. Again. 7m GMT. Set your watch by it.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    *7pm.

    Exact same time. Every single time. Nearly every single day now. This is pathetic.

    submitted by /u/electricp0ww0w
    [link] [comments]

    Out of fuel

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:14 AM PST

    Yea I know it's stupid but it happened. I was refuelling on a star and then my internet cut out. When I logged back in I spawn 69224 ls away from the star, and have insufficient fuel to jump to super cruise in order to carry on refuelling. Does anyone know if the fuel rats are still around. Or if you want I'm at wredguia ug-l b35-4 but have no clue how you will find me.

    Any help is much appreciated cus I'm lost in the black abyss of space and this is the first time it's happened in the year I have been playing this game. :'(

    submitted by /u/go-kill-urself
    [link] [comments]

    Space is f***ng big

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:03 PM PST

    Im an idiot with a asp x and I thought, "if I travel to beagle point, I will get lots of creds!" I spent 2 hours traveling about 3,000 ly before I found out about neutron stars. Space is huge, when you travel for so long you expect to go far but you barley go anywhere. It is crazy. Im still going to beagle and I have massive respect for anyone who goes out of the bubble.
    o7 commanders
    -Lama

    submitted by /u/The_Sniper_from_tf2
    [link] [comments]

    Yay! Servers offline again...

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:01 AM PST

    This is getting annoying now, the instability is insane...

    submitted by /u/Sonicsteel
    [link] [comments]

    Probably not the best ship for the job but absolutely having a blast now that I've gotten the hang intercepters.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:57 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment