• Breaking News

    Monday, April 26, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    THE HIDDEN GAME - A wallpaper sized cheat sheet illustrating aspects of the system that fuels the different movements and states in the galaxy, the BGS (BackGround Simulation) (4k)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    Collecting Guardian artifacts via Xbox cloud gaming while staying at my girlfriend's house. What a time to be alive.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    I just made it from the Bubble to Ishum's Reach WITHOUT A FUEL SCOOP!! 65,647 light years from Sol.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 08:54 PM PDT

    I just made it from the Bubble to Ishum's Reach WITHOUT A FUEL SCOOP!! 65,647 light years from Sol.

    o7 everyone. This is my first post here, although I frequently contribute to this subreddit. I thought I would make this post to celebrate the completion of an epic journey I just made. I don't know if I have already broken the record for longest distance travelled without a fuel scoop equipped, but the only commander that I have heard of that has attempted this failed before reaching Beagle Point. Awhile back, I made the absolutely insane decision to attempt a journey from the Bubble (specifically, Cemiess, my home system) to Beagle Point without a fuel scoop equipped on my ship. I was inspired to do this by u/YourPhoneIs_Ringing, who had attempted a journey from the Bubble to Sag A* without a fuel scoop. I said he should try for Beagle Point. Then I said screw it, I've got nothing better to do for the next four months - I'll give it a try.

    Here's his original post: Flying to Sag A* without a fuel scoop - Day 1

    My ship, the Tiamat's Wrath, is a virtually identical build to his Apollo. Basically, I built a Jumpaconda, and loaded up almost every optional module that I could with extra fuel tanks, except for a grade 5 Guardian FSD Booster and an AFMU. It can travel 5,000 light years on a single tank without conserving fuel, jumping 48 light years the whole time. Using economical plotting mode exclusively, it depends on stellar density, but it can go around 20,000 ish light years on a single tank. Using grade 3 jumponium to max boost and/or conserve fuel, I can get about 10,000 light years per tank. So my goal was simple - I planned to use the DSSA carriers, independent carriers, and stations when available to refuel periodically, in order to traverse the entire galaxy without scooping a single star at all.

    Some people said it was impossible. Others told me to give up. Luckily, I'm stubborn, and I kept going. It took me months. I have documented my entire journey here, along with a bunch of screenshots, if you want to read about it:

    Bubble to Beagle Point without a Fuel Scoop - Inara Logbook

    Some stats on my journey:

    Total distance travelled without a scoop: 84,341.57 light years (due to an accidental detour, I didn't head straight for Beagle. It's a long story, I documented what happened in the logbook).

    Total linear distance from Sol without a scoop: 65,647.34 light years (Ishum's Reach)

    # of undiscovered Earthlike worlds I found on my journey: 10

    EDIT: Hmm, I can't see the images that I tried to link. Guess I'll try again -

    https://preview.redd.it/s1di6x8dzfv61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=317446e58d97061368d14b2ca6332cd227dbe2bd

    https://preview.redd.it/zhicxhrlzfv61.png?width=1280&format=png&auto=webp&s=ad95d2de705f863aa1385e2d93f60eef204eb23c

    https://preview.redd.it/ydha8kbozfv61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=69075f2a5049cda809beb4f79cb9b94f1920d47c

    https://preview.redd.it/7jchqi8pzfv61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ffe3cc84d54f8ed5dc4c843b31da3f0863db87cb

    As I indicate in my logbook there, this isn't the end of my journey. From here, I am supercruising off the edge of the galaxy, in order to firmly set a record (I assume) for farthest distance travelled from Sol without a fuel scoop. By my calculations, I can travel approximately 90 light years beyond Ishum's Reach in supercruise, about 16 days of continuous travel (this will likely take me a few months, with leaving the game on while I do other things every now and then). And I should still have enough fuel left to jump back in one piece.

    Whenever I do, I'll make another post, assuming I don't get stuck out here in the void. o7

    https://preview.redd.it/4m0l08rezfv61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f2b5346f231aa369665b0b2279300979f9d372df

    submitted by /u/kabbooooom
    [link] [comments]

    Never thought making white dwarves yellow would make them this much prettier

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    I did a thing! I was using the Pilots Federations Emblem, while experimenting with new methods for rendering textile and embroidery mock-ups by hand in ArtRage. And heck, I even ended up being quite happy about the result (rare thing for me)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:58 AM PDT

    After a week of grinding Federation rep, I FINALLY own the Corvette ❤️

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    some designs I made for my cmdr bf! I don't know much about the game but holy, space is cool.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    Best message I received all day :)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Dredger hungy for shippie

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    QoL Idea for FC - Highlight carriers jumping from system

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    Landing in surreal space. Crab Pulsar.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    This game just continues to amaze me.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    I got the game back in November of last year pretty much on a whim. I had just bought a VR Headset and I was looking for VR games to play, and I found Elite Dangerous, thought "oh cool, this looks kinda neat" and bought it. I didn't really pick it up until a few weeks later when I went home for Christmas break. I played it a bit, then forgot about it, then maybe late January I picked it back up, after getting a real HOTAS. This time I actually really got into the game and started taking it seriously.

    And just wow. This game is literally one of the most in depth, expansive games I have ever played. The lore goes in far deeper than I had previously thought, the backstories and the events surrounding the major powers are just so well intertwined with the players, to the point where the players actually influence the events and power shifts to a degree. And that's not even mentioning the fact it's literally a 1:1 scale of the entire f*cking Milky Way galaxy recreated using the same technology NASA uses! The fact we've only covered like 0.05% or so of the entire galaxy after a whole 7 years of exploring is just incredible. And then there's the community. I've never seen a more dedicated and amazing community than Elite Dangerous. I mean the stuff I've seen that players have pulled off is just incredible. The Fuel Rats, the Hull Seals, pretty much entire factions that were fully player-made. And the lengths people will go to get something done. The whole DSSA thing. I'm mainly a lone wolf in-game but the community is just so incredible.

    Sorry I'm probably just another newbie who's like "oh wow space game!" but I just had to vent about how incredible this game is. It's literally my favorite game of all time, and I've been gaming for years. So just a huge thanks to Frontier for making such an awe-inspiring game and also to you guys in the community for being awesome. Okay, rant over.

    submitted by /u/aStupid_donkey
    [link] [comments]

    Federation Emblem Wallpaper - After fooling around a bit more with "hand crafted embroidery" and some textile effects in ArtRage, I came up with this. Feel free to use in any way you please, I'm giving this a CC BY 2.0 - o7

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    My first Lagrange cloud

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Just got my first Anaconda!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    So I wondered how much fuel consumption you could potentially get...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    This doesn't look like a civilian outpost...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 03:35 AM PDT

    Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 26 April 2021

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    uhhhhh......

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Neo-Marlinists Expose Hadrian Duval as NMLA Leader

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    There's something weird with my landing pad at Farseer's, but I can't put my finger on it

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    USS Missouri (BB-63) - My newly commissioned Federal Corvette

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    I came up a few limpets short of a full cargo hold.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Hunter Killer

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:27 AM PDT

    White and Super!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 01:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment