• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    To avoid space madness while exploring, I always put some Star Trek on my second screen. Yes, I like space a lot, can you tell?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    I heard you're looking for crystals

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    I find this view quite amazing.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    Krait MKII Fanart - Blender 2.91 Rendering - OC

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    *First Billion* wooot!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:16 AM PDT

    I did it. On the way home.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    The journey was definitely worth it. So long Sagittarius

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    I'm beginning to think most of us watch Trek and fly.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    Osseus Fractus: A strange mushroom, made of coral !

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    So, I did some shopping this weekend.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    What’s the dumbest/most embarrassing thing you’ve done in this game

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    Hello fellow Commanders as the title says, let's hear about your biggest mistakes.

    Here's mine:

    I'm new to the game. I've been playing for a few weeks and I'm learning new things each time I play. I did some courier missions, some bounty hunting, some retrieval missions, and a few road to riches systems. I was feeling more confident in the game.

    I bought a cobra Mk III and kept on trying different missions to learn more about the game. I saved up a bit over 10 million credits, and understood what to do in most mission types.

    I then came across a passenger mission worth 32 million credits. The destination was 37,000 LY away. The mission allowed 3 weeks to complete.

    It seemed crazy but I decided I'm gonna do it. I'm going to go far out of the bubble. I ditched my shields, my weapons, got A rated fuel scoop and FSD drive, a first class cabin and the lightest components for everything else.

    I was going to take these 3 people 37,000 light years away 25 light years at a time (my max jump range). I'd honk every system and get a pretty penny selling the data after doing it 1500 times.

    I got on my way

    10 jumps - this is neat I'm not stopping anywhere I just cruise around the sun a few times every few jumps and I'm good to go

    40 jumps - I'm probably making so much money just by honking these systems

    100 jumps - wow this is more of an undertaking than I thought

    200 jumps - I wish I fuel scooped faster

    At 300 jumps I got sloppy, I got distracted and hit the emergency breaking zone and damaged my ship a few times.

    500 jumps - my FSD is badly damaged, it doesn't engage reliably. EDDB tells me the nearest station is about 300 jumps forward. I reroute there. I'll be able to fix things up near the halfway point. I've spent my whole day on this at this point. The second half of my trip will be with a freshly fixed ship, and I'll do smaller stints (100 jumps a day for a week should work)

    The thought of the big payday when I sell my map data at this station gives me a second wind.

    I MAKE IT TO THE STATION!!!

    I'm here. I'm going to dock, get money for exploring 800 systems (many of which I fully mapped, and surface scanned high value planets.

    I request docking, I'm assigned platform 44. FINALLY. I can dock and call it a night. I'm so impatient.

    That's when it happened, I hit boost to get in the mail slot faster. I always do this. But I'm not in my sidewinder with 2E thrusters, I'm in a cobra with 4A thrusters that I've never used before. I go barreling into the back wall of the station

    Rebuy screen, mission failed, data lost, and 800 LY away from home.

    If you read all of this, thank you. This story is all I have to show for the close to 10 hours I put into this game on my day off.

    Now let's hear your story.

    submitted by /u/tman152
    [link] [comments]

    Welcome to the Guard

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    A picture i took with my SRV

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    I edited the launch trailer for Odyssey to be a little more accurate.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    Anaconda Smuggling Compartments

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    It may not look like much, but this view just hypnotizes me. I love this game so much.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:25 PM PDT

    Elite record set! Total distance travelled from Sol without a fuel scoop - 65,721 light years!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    Elite record set! Total distance travelled from Sol without a fuel scoop - 65,721 light years!

    o7 everyone! Some of you may remember me from a post I made a few months ago, announcing my arrival at Ishum's Reach, the farthest star from Sol, after crossing the entire galaxy without a fuel scoop equipped on my ship. Here's my initial post:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/myozz3/i_just_made_it_from_the_bubble_to_ishums_reach/

    At the time, I announced that I planned to go even farther - to firmly set a record for the longest linear distance travelled from Sol without a fuel scoop, by supercruising off the galactic edge beyond Ishum's Reach, into intergalactic space, and then successfully jumping back without getting stranded in the void. Well, I pulled it off, and I thought I would make another post about it. As far as I am aware, this is an Elite record for the longest distance anyone has ever travelled away from Sol without a fuel scoop.

    At the time, I guesstimated I would make it 90 light years beyond Ishum's Reach, but it turns out the max I could safely get was 74.1 light years (while being able to still jump back), which equates to 65,721 light years away from Sol system.

    Here is proof of my final distance from Sol:

    https://preview.redd.it/wmo9jjo1rb671.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f199dcc8893cf15f67a2440cb377a23a8726489d

    And proof of my final distance from Ishum's Reach:

    https://preview.redd.it/w5ol38wcrb671.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6b24e3c58c9e096514c326941bae07742f8a904f

    And proof I was able to jump back (sorry Fuel Rats!):

    https://preview.redd.it/gfyrlpymrb671.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7590c92e25678973aad80764da9d65e3680f8095

    https://preview.redd.it/4fr20k1srb671.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=933b388d3471b737a09eba4c2324892870d17c52

    Here's my logbook documenting each step of my journey across the galaxy, for those that are interested in reading it. I took some great screenshots along the way too:

    Bubble to Ishum's Reach Without a Fuel Scoop Logbook

    And some final stats on my overall journey across the galaxy:

    Total distance travelled without a scoop: 84,963.17 light years (due to an accidental detour, I didn't head straight for Beagle. It's a long story, I documented what happened in the logbook).

    Total linear distance from Sol without a scoop: 65,721 light years.

    Total length of time in supercruise beyond Ishum's Reach: Approximately 292 hours, or 12 days of supercruise travel.

    # of undiscovered Earthlike worlds I found on my journey: 10

    Thanks for reading about my crazy journey! o7!

    https://preview.redd.it/6fk2jls5tb671.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=aacaf9c491d148d76753a5c813eeb85809322653

    submitted by /u/kabbooooom
    [link] [comments]

    Can't believe I can experience epic moments like this in a game. ( Song : March of the Resistance Star wars episode 7)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:39 AM PDT

    Holy Hell! We've been ejected into space!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Riding the Stellar Highway

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Say Hello to Material Girl II

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    If you are at or near the limit for asset capacity, you are unable to trade assets with a bartender

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    So I hit the asset cap. Went to a barkeep thinking, okay I'll trade the stuff I have loads of for some expensive stuff I don't have loads of.

    Basically, it looks like the inventory checks how much you have before the trade and if you have room for the stuff you'd receive from the trade without taking into account the number of assets you lose in the trade.

    And it won't let you do any trades if at any point in the trade you go over the cap, no regard for the end result.

    Basically means you have to sell stuff to trade stuff.

    submitted by /u/CmdrJonen
    [link] [comments]

    Now I'm at one of the most remote places where the hunters won't find me. HOPEFULLY!!!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 02:17 PM PDT

    Blue hole

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment