• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 22, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ringed Earth like world orbiting Neutron Star 21,000LY from Sol. Has dark side light pollution as well. Somebody lives here

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    Remember CMDRS, these two big boys are about to collide tomorrow !

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    Found this beautiful blackhole orbiting a Class G star. Amazing find!

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    100% Metal

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Incredible view

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    Gravity in outposts

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    I think I've become irrationally annoyed at some inconsistencies in the outposts in Odyssey.

    They say no gravity when you disembark, but there is trash on the floor (notably some pizza boxes at one outpost) near the bay, boxes in piles all over the place. Leaves on plants droop, there are open glasses of liquids at the bar and I've seen a dolly to load stock in the gear shop.

    I get that they are re-using assets from the spin stations that would be fine with these things, but it would have been nice the outposts to actually have a different feel because of the lack of gravity instead of just being smaller versions.

    submitted by /u/ArtaiusCorrinon
    [link] [comments]

    Photoshopped the Dolphin I wish for

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    Get on the carousel

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    Got my first 'first to map.' Just started playing recently, planning to main exploration

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    Imperial Courier Max speed - 6550 m/s FA off -2.5 G

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Saud Kruger Orca blueprints Update. (Work in progress) Decks C,D, E,F,G some more some less completed, and a key for each element (legend).

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    When you don’t have 5bil for a carrier..

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    Who lives out here? 26,000 ly from Sol

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    Total eclipse

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Is Odyssey still horribly unoptimized or is my computer just showing its age?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    I'm running an AMD 8350 at 4ghz, 16 gigs of ram, and a GTX 1080.

    Outside of my ship I struggle to get even 30 fps when in combat with enemy AI. I get constant lag spikes during all other activities, including jumping and a noticeable fps drop when entering stations. I don't have a good benchmark because I haven't really stayed current with pc games and this system is about 4 years old now. I ran Horizons at a steady 60 fps. I know some things have been enhanced so I'm wondering how much is due to poor optimization and how much is due to aging hardware.

    tl;dr

    Are performance issues still common after all these patches or is my system just a wimp now? Thanks

    submitted by /u/BuchnerFun
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing a black hole from behind another black hole (Great Annihilator)

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Well, hello there space munchkin...

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    Roaming the Hawking's Gap.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Leaving the top of the Galaxy. Man, I love my Fleet Carrier.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    I made a thing \o/

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    Thanks to the community, I finally found my way to the Trapezium Sector and the new Thargoid/Guardian site. But rather than farm and go home, I've decided to keep going.

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    I have a good feeling about this place

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Is this game interesting if you only want to explore with minimal combat?

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 04:39 AM PDT

    I LOVE space content most of my youtube recommendations is filled with it so I thought why not search a game about space and found Elite Dangerous.

    Like I said I only really want to explore see black holes, neutron stars, other gas giants, other suns etc. Space combat on the other hand never looked interesting to me so I want to keep that to a minimum.

    Performance is another concern I heard new expansion is pretty bad in terms of FPS but will I be affected by it if I don't buy the it?

    Also my specs are GTX 970, i5 8400, 16 gb ram. System req. on steam is pretty low and is not updated I'm assuming so can I run the game with my PC?

    submitted by /u/Grochen
    [link] [comments]

    And breathe…

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    I was not expecting that

    Posted: 21 Jun 2021 07:48 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment