• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 26, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gorgeous.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 08:56 PM PDT

    Still blown away by the size of this chungus

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    When you run too far away from the camera, your character becomes blonde! :O

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    It was a good haul tonight!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:28 AM PDT

    I flew 1 and a half hours to hutton orbiltal you Sick fucks

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    But on Hard feelings love the game so far:-)

    submitted by /u/GameingPaul
    [link] [comments]

    As a new member of the Royal Colonial Guard I wanted to give something back to the community, enjoy this wallpaper :) o7

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Elite lets me be a nobody and I love it.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    I'm basically perpetually on the hunt for games where I get to be a little, nameless fish in a big pond. A random nobody just going about their business and living their life.

    I'm rarely ever looking to command vast armies and I'm super over being the "chosen one" in every gosh dang RPG.

    I think part of what makes ED appeal to me is that I can just be some trucker or some miner and go about my simple existence in a universe that continues to function whether I'm there or not.

    submitted by /u/Alive_Pack_5736
    [link] [comments]

    Just spotted a rave going on

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Too close again....oooops

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    just like how beautiful this looked.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 12:25 AM PDT

    Gave EDO a go...

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:54 PM PDT

    The upside...

    1. NPC animations are smooth and excellent. I know, a lot of people complain about how glitchy they move, etc. But if you play other expansive games like Star Citizen, etc, you have to hand it to FDev for doing a pretty good job.
    2. The stealth game play on foot is brilliant. It works and it works very well. It is surprisingly deep. Anything that allows you to develop learned skills in a game is great. I see hope here because in order to succeed you need to be patient and think a little bit and not panic. Love how it makes me sweat a little. Excellent.
    3. The gear is a good start. While options for suits are meh, the variety of guns is a good starting point. There is enough there to get you thinking about what to do. Needs work but for now its OK.
    4. Planetary atmospheres. Screenshots of commanders standing looking at a sunrise or sunset are going to overtake cat pictures on social media (thank goodness). Seriously though, these gradients are fantastic at least for a screenshot or two.
    5. There is still time before Horizons is destroyed by Jazz Odyssey (aka Spinal Tap MK II) planetary tech. There might be a chance that the Horizons universe lives on even after Jazz Odyssey hits console.

    The downside...

    1. Too much sameness in, well, everywhere. From far away planets to pizza boxes on the floor in all the same port layouts. And then there are the 20 or so on foot NPCs who follow me everywhere. There is no feeling of place other than... yup... I am standing outside of my ship.
    2. Too much dark... way too dark. What's the point of all the fans on my PC screaming away if I can't see it? If I'm going to drastically shorten the life of my CPU and GPU in the midst of a world wide component shortage, simply because my favorite game has poor or no optimization, at least let me see what is out there and while you're at it, give me two brands of pizza box trash to step over when I'm running in to see if I can finally upgrade my suit yet.
    3. Too much grind. Grind can equal game play but this is on another level. Is this a case of trying to make up for lack of user engagement because of shallow content by replacing it with endless grind? Yes, it may be. Elite Dangerous has some very loyal fans, largely because they climbed that fricking mountain while most others did not. I get that. But this mountain is too steep. The "I climbed the mountain" niche will become just that much niche-ee-er.
    4. Too much interaction with too little information in the UI. UI is hard to get right and usually low on the development list for crappy dev shops. Good UI is one of the ways a great or game becomes great. Or at least it helps reduce new player fall off. Well this ain't that.
    5. Too much of a drop off from Horizons when it comes to planet surfaces. We get it, FDev wants to future proof the galaxy in order to avoid blowing away all the beloved POIs every time there is a major update. New engine means new planets and new gaming possibilities. Right. Why future proof it though by taking away the planet surface diversity we enjoyed in Horizons? New planet surfaces would be welcomed if they were better. Atmospheres are better (well at least now they exist) but surfaces definitely are not. P.S. Get rid of the invisible rocks that destroy my SRV please.

    That's all I have for now. There is a lot more but I had to get at least this off my chest.

    submitted by /u/MaxxT22
    [link] [comments]

    Saw my first battlecruiser today, and i sh*t myself ��

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Goodnight CMDRS, Fly Dangerous

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    I love this kind of democracy

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    When I tell you I about sh*t myself... Not what I want to happen 15kLY from home.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    Whoa! Easy, Easy!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    And so it starts.....

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Does the community want VR support?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    So I've been playing ED for a long time, I switched to PC the day I got a VR headset and have not looked back. I know there will be people who disagree and that's fine but I wanted to know how much of the ED community use/ wants VR support going ahead.

    Do you think if enough CMDR's wanted the support they would continue with it?

    submitted by /u/jasonrandall
    [link] [comments]

    I thought the Dark Wheel was supposed to be a mega secret organization or something, and I just stumbled upon them lol? Someone please explain

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    tennis ball

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    Type 9 ftw!

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    Until recently my biggest trading ship was an Anaconda. A lightweight, armed hauler. I was totally sucked in by the Conda hype and apart from it looking fantastic, I quickly grew to hate the high up position of the bridge, the terrible underside hardpoint placement and the abysmal handling in supercruise. 300t trade runs felt like chump change and it just wasn't fun to fly. So I sold it. Yes, sold it. I'd read the horror stories about the T9's turd handling and was fully expecting to hate it. But at least I could double my capacity, right? Same engineered thrusters from the old conda got fitted and away I went. Bold take - the T9 handles way better than the reputation that precedes it! I can line up with the slot and throw it down onto a pad WAY easier than I could in a Conda. It's bad in SC admittedly - but I'll say this - the Conda is only marginally better and frankly should be twice as good. In short, the T9 totally exceeded my expectations and the Conda was a huge disappointment (for my purposes). So if you're thinking about getting a T9 but are put off by the space brick tag, just give it a chance. I made 140 million hauling silver this morning to finally smash through the 1 billion CR mark. I have my T9 to thank!

    submitted by /u/CMDRjackkillian
    [link] [comments]

    I think I need UV protection...

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    I went to the western veil nebula and took these screenshots.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    Eagle flying into some clouds (Info in the comments)

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    Trip to Sagittarius A*

    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment