• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 11, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I see your Lego Imperial Clipper, and present you my 1/150 scale Lego Anaconda.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 08:20 PM PDT

    From hills to green valleys to snowy mountains ... I love the new variety.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    6 Million credits worth of criminal kills using this and I'm quite happy. Sorry Krait mk2, this ship still holds a special place in my hangar.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    I bet no one else has discovered a space slide

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:56 AM PDT

    Neutron Eclipse

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    Please FDev, Allow Players To Buy Materials From Material Traders.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    Before this begins to sound like a knock on FDev, just know that it's not. I love the game and all the hard work the developers have but into it. Personally, the most appealing parts of the game are the varied methods of game play. The mechanics that have been built into the "Blaze your own trail" system are superb... with one exception: Materials.

    I just don't understand why FDev forces us to grind for mats using mining or surface prospecting with a SRV. The galaxies economy is vast and sprawling. Why then is there an entire subsection of that economy that persists solely on a barter system? Do the material traders seriously have no use for credits? Are they able to feed themselves and their families by ingesting Selenium? Or is the implication that they make money by selling those traded materials elsewhere? If so, why is that aspect of the economy closed off to the players? I love that players can collect mats and trade up/down as they desire. I love that the game doesn't force us to collect credits for EVERY aspect of trade. I love that there can be multiple means of trade... But it absolutely ruins the immersion of the environment when there is only ONE means of trade for specific commodities. It's great that If I don't want to grind for credits, if I enjoy the exploration/mining/prospecting aspects of the game that I could still gather the required mats. But if I've already grinded for millions/billions of credits, why I am forced to grind for materials that I could otherwise purchase? It seems like an entirely one dimensional and myopic aspect in a game that is otherwise anything but.

    submitted by /u/Local_Vermicelli_856
    [link] [comments]

    I did a thing. Well I started on my journey

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    A few weeks ago now I posted how I was somewhat apprehensive about getting back into elite after probably a 25 plus year break. Think I dabbled with a few earlier remakes.

    Anyway everyone was super positive and I finally got around to it recently.

    Only two complete restarts required and a few self destructs as I failed to understand fuel etc. I'm just running a few missions and trading a bit all local to starting point to get a feel for game, oh and I crashed into a star.

    Just got it on off line Solo at the moment then I'll jump in when I feel I have more of a hang of things.

    Hope to see you out there commanders.

    CMD Norah_Noodle

    (I have a 3 year old ! )

    submitted by /u/Puzzled_Novel_5215
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous Odyssey: Guardian Orb Race & 'Cheese' Chasing .. A good test of instancing too!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    I got this charge after I accidentally destroyed an innocent ship, but it won't let me pay it off. Why?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Found some wonderful pocket forests

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Supercruise assist almost just killed me.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 07:02 PM PDT

    Few pictures from ongoing expedition.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    I haven’t played Since my best friend died.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Well the title says it all. My friend and I played this for a while, took a break for some read dead 2, and if you go through my Reddit history you'll see the rest. I want to play but not alone. Lf someone older( 30-40s) that gave off the same chill vibes he did. Ik this is weird but I'm on PlayStation so hmu if your down.

    submitted by /u/Meltonius
    [link] [comments]

    Road to Sagittarius

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    Decided to start the long journey to Sagittarius A, wish me luck CMDRs, hope me and my 46ly jump diamondback explorer make it.

    submitted by /u/ya_boi_julius
    [link] [comments]

    Planning on a long Trip?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Hello Commanders,

    If you are planning on a long journey from anywhere in the bubble (those systems within the powerplay map) to Colonia, Los, Luchtaine, Asura or Tir then there is a bookmarked Neutron Star I use on the way there to break the trip into 2 parts that the Galaxy Map can handle but also because upon reaching this bookmark you are then on the Neutron Highway. You will literally get heaps and heaps of Neutron Stars along the way to make your journey much shorter plus there are plenty of scoopable stars along the way to re-fuel.

    The system I've marked out is NYEAJAAE RT-R D4-6 which is a Neutron Star system itself and puts you on the Highway as well.

    Also if you are planning to travel this distance I would highly recommend taking the highest grade of Fuel Scoop you can carry as a good fuel scoop means you dont need to stop and refuel very often, usually you can simply skim past a scoopable star and go strait into your next FSD (frame shift drive) jump without having to stop.

    As well as this is strongly recommended to take an Auto Field-Maintenance Unit. This is because each time you Supercharge your FSD it will cause 1-2% damage to your FSD module health and at 80% health or less it is likely to malfunction and could throw you out of Supercruise while still inside a Neutron Stars cone. By repairing it when it come close to 80% you are able to continue making as many Supercharged SFD jumps as you like (I usually repair mine around 83% health).

    Another good idea is to make your ship as light as possible for the journey by removing any non-essential equipment before starting your journey. I usually remove all cargo bays, any module or shield reinforcement packages, all weapons, any utility mounted items and I would even throw my Shield Generator out too and place all of them into storage until I return home. It's entirely up to you which items you choose to remove but the lighter you can make your ship the greater the jump range it will have and the less jumps you will need to do.

    If you can get you FSD engineered with Increased Range and add the Experimental Effect of Mass Manager then this helps enormously as well. In addition and module you engineer to be Lightweight and\or stripped down as it's experimental effect then this will also increase your jump range.

    I hope the Bookmark I've shared can help out a few people and hopefully the tips above as well,

    Safe Travels Commanders!

    submitted by /u/Richard4Phillips
    [link] [comments]

    There's always someone looking at yer!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:48 AM PDT

    Goal Achieved! Hello Cutter...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    Forgot how cool this ship looked

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    I said, 'watch Clark'...and watch him close, you hear me?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    A ringed planet next to a ringed planet - Over 18,000 LY from the Bubble

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:25 AM PDT

    I wanna be a (space) cowboy, baby!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    o7 CMDRs, Greetings from DRYUAE SCRAA BA-A G18

    Posted: 10 Aug 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    Flying to close to the sun.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    I had a bit of an "oh crap, oh crap oh crap" moment last night, wasn't paying attention and fsd'd right into the sun after a jump, which of course dropped me out of supercruise.

    Temps quickly hit 100% and I set myself facing away from the sun and boosted, much to my surprise temps dropped to 53% and stayed at that.

    So I just went "huh" n sat there till my fsd cool down finished.

    As I charged the fsd I turned sideways towards my next destination, the second i turned heat jumped to 110% again, but I got away.

    Can anyone explain how this came to pass?

    submitted by /u/RaxisPhasmatis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment