• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 15, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Rest in Peace, Space Cat

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Rest in Peace, Space Cat

    I've been trying to find the time to make this post, but it's hard to do. Even now I'm hesitant to boot up the game without realizing my co-pilot, Buggie (My cat and one of my best friends).

    He was there when I made my first trip to Colonia, and watched every system we passed without ever taking his eyes off; even when I went to the bathroom or go grab a drink, he'd sit in my chair, waiting.

    Friday, 13th of August, I had to put my Space Cat down due to a tumor behind his eye, one that couldn't be removed with surgery. It was a decision that I struggled with for a few days, but knew he couldn't suffer for my sake.

    I'll always miss you, Space Cat.

    My best friend and co-pilot

    submitted by /u/Lore_Master3
    [link] [comments]

    Huston,we have a problem...

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    Found an absolutely beautiful planet while exploring today, last photo is my favorite.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    3 months in the void and I love it!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    "Notable Stellar Phenomena" it said, was not expecting this.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    On a small moon a few hundred ly outside in the dark and cold

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    20k+ ly was rough on the old bird. ARAE astrophotography vessel Scrub Jay spent 2 weeks in the Formidine Rift.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:49 AM PDT

    Made it to Beagle Point! Totally worth the journey. Now for the way back!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Sloppy hyperspace exit lead to nice view

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Milky Way, taken around 48,000 ly from the bubble

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Last jump of the day before I had to shut down and I got this view of an ELW. Great way to sign off.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:03 PM PDT

    The "Waters of March" enters service

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    Is there any hope for me?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    I have recently bought Elite Dangerous after playing No Man's Sky for a long time. I thought it would give me a new dimension to my spacefaring.

    Trouble is I can't get through the first combat tutorial. The unshielded and shielded drones were fine but the drone fights back I'm finding impossible to catch.

    I've watched piloting tutorials and have tried and tried again. The drone whizzes past me but I cannot turn fast enough to follow it even though my speed is in the 'blue zone'. Trying to maneuver I keep leaving the training area and have to be pulled back In.

    Any tips? Perhaps I should just hang up my space suit and retire gracefully.

    I'm playing on a PS4 pro.

    Cheers.

    Harry.

    submitted by /u/Any-Chard4788
    [link] [comments]

    Partial eclipse

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    A scary ten minutes in Odyssey

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    This is just a kinda cool story of something that just happened to me - quite long

    So I took a raid mission to take out members of a faction in a settlement, and I saw a Goliath on the outskirts. I just thought I'd disable the defences in the power centre (it was a small settlement). So I went into a 0 level building, found a guy with level 2 clearance, then, thinking I could quickly kill him with an overload, I got out my tool. Turns out I couldn't kill him and the alarms went off.

    I was trapped from both sides in a tiny corridor, under heavy fire. I managed to get out, using a shield projector and all my medpacks. Now I was low on health and being chased by at least ten people. I was running back to my ship when I saw the message that my ship was under attack.

    I carried on running, then turned a corner to see my ships shields had failed, and it was taking missiles (so much for point defence) and lasers to the hull.

    I was ten meters away, and then all of a sudden it blew up in front of my eyes, and the message 'Emergency, ship destroyed' flashed up on my HUD. I was pretty scared at this point because I had no idea what happened if your ship blew up when you were out of it.

    I just carried on running, with the Goliath shooting at me the whole time. Eventually the soldiers gave up, and so did the Goliath. Shaken and with no idea whether I'd get my ship back (my 200 mil credit worth ship that I used for everything) I called a taxi. I thought I was safe.

    Nope.

    I got barely 200 meters in the air before my taxi was blown up too.

    Thankfully I was able to get my ship back though so it was fine but MAN. Thats the most scary experience I've had in Elite in a while - maybe I'm too invested in a video game, but watching my ship blow up in front of my eyes, my lovely bright blue Krait... that was something.

    submitted by /u/Time_Strain_2899
    [link] [comments]

    Exploration/Exobiology with the big boy. Not ideal, but looks great doing it and that's what's important.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:16 PM PDT

    Reached max rep with a local faction. Is this just an insult/expression of annoyance? or banter?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    How well do you think the ship launched fighters would handle in atmosphere?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    So im sitting here getting my car washed thinking if i had a fighter, how fast could i get around the planet? Then i was wondering since we operate them in vacuum, how well would the fighters operate in atmosphere? I suppose the first question is whether or not they are even rated for atmospheric flight. But assuming they are, here were my thoughts. Mind you, i knothing about aviation or flight mechanics.

    The condor wouldnt be ideal, as the hull has that slant to it, and no counter aerodynamics to compensate, so i feel like it would be pushed downward constantly. Unless the bow thrusters could provide the stability? Still would be a bit of air resistance there tho, wouldnt it?

    The GU-97 seems very capable in atmosphere because of what i would imagine are better "wings" than the condor. Again, would be relying on thrusters for maneuvering, and those wings arent perfect, but i can see it succeeding.

    The taipan i can imagine being the best overall. That folding wing design has to help with directional control, and is the slimmest of the three.

    What do yall think, any experts here have any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Spottykus
    [link] [comments]

    The center

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    I've been hearing rumors in a player initiative to occupy the center of the galaxy, see if we can get enough activity to produce a community goal maybe expand foothold into the center. This I agree with. Consider it, maybe don't, I'll buy from your carrier for I will be there.

    submitted by /u/fuccinspacetoast
    [link] [comments]

    been using this as my wallpaper

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Super heat weapons?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    I left my ship to drift while playing with son. Had cmdr ship come to pirate me, had one meta-alloy unit for engineer. This asp started attacking and my heat went to 320% heat in seconds. Everything shut down, and I was dead. WTF?

    submitted by /u/TheKanonFoder
    [link] [comments]

    Engineers can do everything. Even mitosis.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Attempted assassination

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 10:34 AM PDT

    Got interdicted into a star while fuel scooping and the path (even though I attempted to submit) forced me through the exclusion zone and dropped me really close to the star.
    I took immense heat damage.
    Im convinced that NPC was just trying to assassinate me...

    submitted by /u/Carnifexseth
    [link] [comments]

    Any Alliance Player groups?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    Hi Cmdrs, I am a newish player who is looking for a Alliance player group to join. I am interested in Powerplay (mostly as an excuse for pvp).

    I want to play as a lowlife freelance mercenary/smuggler/fighter who occasionally will jump into a fight to support the Alliance or fight against the imps/feds. Basically like a General Han Solo from legends character. Which is the biggest and most active Alliance player group to join?

    submitted by /u/blood_n_fire
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment