• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 21, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    it's nyoom time

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Did somebody lose their potato?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    Why do people who fly FA off always have to tell people that they do so?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    It's like vegan stereotype mentality

    Edit: you can really tell who the usual offenders are in the comments. Yikes

    submitted by /u/FightTheThargReich
    [link] [comments]

    I've set this as a wallpaper

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    White is not a good color for a weapon sight

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Finally allowed to go home <3

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    There are strange things done in the midnight sun By the men who moil for gold; The Arctic trails have their secret tales That would make your blood run cold

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Finally! Colonia!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    At the galaxy's edge...

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    The Thargoid just showed up again!! This time I got a look at the top of the craft in free camera. I managed to screenshot this pic, it's the same symbol as the barnacles. Curiouser and curiouser.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    I'm sorry but I'm not going to take you seriously if you're interdicting with that name!

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    A Green Lightning NSP, One of my favourites so far.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    just went on a heroic and long journey of three jumps to visit a neutron star for the first time and it is scary

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    on the top

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    The power of vegetables.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Farseer base warning for new players.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    I'm a new player, with interest in exploration. Got my first Asp Explorer, went to upgrade my FSD. On approach i got destroyed by some loser in Cutter hiding on ground. I virtually just activated auto pilot when i saw something like green lightning hit me and boom. One shot a I'm dead , no time to evade. When i was leaving , saw him destroy Anaconda as he was taking off. Thats probably what saved me, he went for bigger ship. It was same thing, some green lightning weapon and i guess plasma. I don't understand how he survived station shooting him.

    Anyway just a shout to fellow new player to be careful when going to Felicity.

    submitted by /u/bobotheexplorer
    [link] [comments]

    My simple Hotas setup for VR. X52 pro cheap amazon chair and 2 VESA pole mounts.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    True fear was experienced this day

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:15 PM PDT

    Another idiotic design choice: when plotting carrier's jump, shows distance from my current position rather than the carrier's. Not very helpful when you're thousands of lightyears away from your carrier.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    What kind of QOL additions would you like to see in Elite?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Talking about small but convenient features that you think would improve the gameplay of Elite. Just a little brainstorming, no demands or anything.

    I've recently returned to Elite after a long break, and this is some of the stuff I noticed in the past few days. Would like to hear the communities take on these, and if anyone has other suggestions for additional QOL features!

    • Hotkey for supercruise assist or option to turn it on by default in ship settings
    • Hotkey to select closest, next, previous material/item
    • Settings to scoop every item in range without selection
    • Search bar for game controls
    • Search bar for commodity markets
    • Search bar for mission rewards (certain materials for example)
    • Option for the commodity market sell menu to only displaying items you're carrying
    • Removing the forced animation for hardpoints (not the animation itself, just the menu locking up)
    • 'Navigate to target' button for mission overviews (when possible)
    • Pinning mission targets at the top of the Nav menu
    • 'Show mission' button for mission targets in the Nav menu
    • More sorting functionality for the Nav menu (e.g. sort by type)
    • Filters for Nav menu should exclude, not include types
    • The materials menu should be moved to the storage tab
    submitted by /u/Paradigmat
    [link] [comments]

    After one week, I managed to map a new world. My name is in the game :)

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    I'm so happy now. I started the game a week ago and today I went out to the void. I was lucky;I didn't have to go too far to find an unmapped planet. I mapped it, rushed back to an outpost and sold the data. My name is in the game now: https://imgur.com/a/30iuvX4 :) All this happened thanks to the help of the community. This is the most supportive community I've ever met. Yesterday I almost gave it up because of the grind. But then I said to myself: "let's visit the void". This success now gave me a boost.

    Update: after this I kept searching and found an uncharted system. I surface scanned every planet and now it has my name everywhere: https://i.imgur.com/qa6Dsf6.png . However, I was a bit disappointed when I got only 170,000 credits for this. It took me several hours to scan the entire system.

    submitted by /u/jabbalaci
    [link] [comments]

    Earthlike orbiting a binary

    Posted: 21 Aug 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment