• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 14, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So thats why i got payed so much for it....

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Elite Dangerous meets The Dark Tower

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I was doing a little trolling and managed to piss off security while parked, went to the surface and watched them try to kill me lmao

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    Going for 5x Elite V

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:32 AM PDT

    Finnaly Rear Admiral

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    This is what we call foreshadowing

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    (nOoB here) Finally unlocked the Sol permit. Florida is still hanging on, huh?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:40 AM PDT

    My first time here. The bois and I tryin to find the secrets of the galaxy

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    Discovery of a really cool rocky planet. A pleasure to walk !

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    Have a small or medium ship and need some fast cash?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    Strap on a few cargo racks and go to Palmer Works in DARIAN. Station only has medium and small landing pads. There are a few piles are extremely cheap Gold and Silver which you can then sell to Gregory Vision in Bakonirtari for around 40,000 a unit profit. If those run out there are other metals there that would bring in 30,000 a unit profit as well.

    I have a FC so I only use large pads for trading, excluding Rackham's Peak. But I saw this and thought a few Commanders in need of some quick cash might want to take advantage. o7

    submitted by /u/Blaze-n-combo
    [link] [comments]

    Today it was Skardee 1 in search of nickel. The innermost planet of the Skardee system, it truly is a hell world. Despite deactivating the fuel scoop the heat was so intense I used 5 heat sinks during descent. I had to synth heat syncs on the fly so as not to burn up. Nickel was in abundance.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    Type-9 is a bus

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Seriously, flying this thing is like trying to steer a drunk elephant. I'm doing some trading and I have engineered this thing to fly far and to maneuver better but you can feel the weight of this beast no matter what. When I get fed up, I grab my Diamondback Explorer that is set for exploring and speed cause anything that can interdict it isn't strong enough to take it and it can outmaneuver anything big enough to take it.

    submitted by /u/superstevethe1
    [link] [comments]

    Feel like I've lost my purpose(??)

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    I'm 5-600 hours in so far, the last thing I did was further engineering for my Anaconda after I got the Guardian FSD Booster. More or less just trying to get my jump range up for exploration. Currently I sit at 50Ly. I've done both Federation the and Alliance grinds, kitted out a Corvette for combat. I still have my original Python, best ship for doing the grinds in, hands down

    I'm at a weird spot now however, I don't know what to do next? I end up launching the game, flying about a bit and logging off. I guess I have the equivalent of writers block. Have any of you had this? If so, what did you do to revitalise your Elite spirit?

    Thanks o7

    submitted by /u/Furbloke
    [link] [comments]

    Horizon is better than Odyssey, change my mind (Exploration in VR)

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 03:29 AM PDT

    Ok this post doesn't want to be purely critic but I would like to express my personal feelings and see whether I am the only one or somebody shares the same views.

    Intro

    Recently I started an exploration trip. I don't have a destination in mind, so I went for the centre of the galaxy and then perhaps I will go in the top of the galactic plane.

    I am basically enjoying the trip, scanning pretty much any system and trying to find POIs by myself, without the help of the codex.

    I am doing the entire trip in VR and I am loving it.

    Horizon and Odyssey

    I started the game in Odyssey I travelled about 10.000 Ly so far and I have seen quite a bit of stuff already. Saw a couple of anomalies , Had my first footfall on many planets and enjoyed the view of different suns in different atmospheres. Although at the beginning seemed awesome somehow it felt static and the performance issues still existing made the experience a bit less enjoyable. Especially when the quality of the visuals is degraded for a certain reason.

    Anyhow, After I got "acclimatised" to Odyssey, I decided to switch back to Horizon, just to see what the difference was…and boy i found it was abysmal.

    The performance hiccups that are in odyssey simply do not exist in horizon and the experience gains a million point in smoothness. The quality of lighting in Horizon give you much more immersion than odyssey. The blue light in my cockpit near a neutron star doesn't seem to appear in odyssey…or the pink lighting near a brown star. So when I switched to horizon I was once again blown away by the beauty of this game.

    Question: Was this the lighting issues they are going to fix in update 7? Because I do hope they improve lighting overall in Odyssey.

    The skybox is much much better in horizon, compared to odyssey….it just FEELS better. It feels slightly different every time, whilst in Odyssey I don't get that feeling and I have the impression I am looking at the same thing over and over again.

    Yes odyssey has auto landing, which is a bliss…and I miss it in horizon. Like I miss the quality of life improvements they made in Odyssey

    HOWEVER I have decided to continue the rest of my trip in Horizon…until Odyssey gets a significant performance improvements and improved lighting.

    submitted by /u/plutonium-239
    [link] [comments]

    Witch Head Science Centre

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Frontier being creative with their newsletter subjects

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    Finally tracked down my squadron’s fleet carrier. Gonna set down for the night.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    What happens if I land on a carrier and then stop playing?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Just out of curiosity, because I have a really bad habit of switching between games frequently, what happens if I land on a carrier and stop playing for a week, month, months?

    Do I just get dumped somewhere random or do I get moved to a station? It might be cool coming back to the game after a break and I am in a completely random location.

    submitted by /u/r4ge4holic
    [link] [comments]

    This moon got a bump on his head, so I tried to soothe it with my srv after landing.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Just because it doesn’t overheat doesn’t mean you can’t crash into a star.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Exploration mechanic idea: Stellar telescope

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    I see an interesting star in the sky, but it is very hard to pinpoint its location due to high star density close to the galactic core. How about some mechanic similar to FSS, where you can target a star after sorting through some wavelenghts to determine it's radiation frequency and maybe some other way to filter out its brightness? I feel like this would take a lot of horsepower from your PC as there massive loads of stars out there, but maybe it's possible and in my opinion would be a useful and very interesting mechanic.

    submitted by /u/HumblericerF20
    [link] [comments]

    I've always found Radiohead and Elite to go really well together, so I thought I'd make this. Enjoy! o7

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    One of the first things all CMDRs do when obtaining the Pack Hound Missile's.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment