• Breaking News

    Monday, September 27, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thargoid Interceptor Hydra variant (my fanart)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    A nuetron star with a hyper orbiting double ring system, a black hole, a nebula... Oh, and a Cutter.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Any physics here? Just genuinely wondering, what would the weather be like...

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    Anaconda things...

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    Made a wrong turn. It's a good thing I wore my brown space suit.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    First landing (Dromi 2 A) and first explorer rank gain.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    'Hacky' VR Legs Support: Now the Top Suggestion on Record

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    The push for hacky VR Legs access recently hit a landmark, so I'm reaching out to the Community Managers for a bit more feedback.

     

    The TLDR is: I'm asking if FDev could do any of the following for now...

     

    • Give us a backdoor to the native VR support while on foot
    • Add gameplay functions to the VR vanity camera (only)
    • Sanction modding for VR Legs

     

    If you have any other ideas for tweaks which they could achieve with their current VR resourcing, which might make VR Legs at least partially playable, then please do chuck them into the thread!

     

    I underline in the post that the ultimate desired result is still official VR Legs support (after EDO's core issues have been addressed). If you just want to support that principle please do feel free to throw your voice in on that too.

    submitted by /u/Golgot100
    [link] [comments]

    There's an Anarchy system in Outbreak right now for anyone who wants to grind easy Combat Elite rank.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Feel free to use my FC "Bladestar" to refuel/restock/resupply with no tariffs. The only other station in the system is a planetary base ~800ls from the main star.

    https://inara.cz/starsystem/?search=HIP+21369

    EDIT: Looks like as of 4:32PM PST the checkpoints have all vanished.

    EDIT 2: Some new ones spawned.

    submitted by /u/Bromageddon
    [link] [comments]

    Apparently Disney World created the early concept for the cutter.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Share your ship names!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    I'll start:

    My anaconda is named "Don't Want None"

    submitted by /u/trashmob_1729
    [link] [comments]

    I drew a funny image

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    A test of EDO Instancing! ...hope you enjoy :) o7

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    When you run out of fuel, at a non-scoopable star, 10ly form your destination.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    I probably shouldn’t be here since I’m a noob who just started 3 weeks ago but I just couldn’t help myself

    Posted: 26 Sep 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    Newb's Take on the Game

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Ok, so I've finally been bitten by the Elite Dangerous bug....but it took quite awhile. I kept seeing amazing pictures posted from players while flying through space and downloaded it on a whim 2-3 months ago. I quickly got overwhelmed with all the controls and had zero idea what I was doing. I watched a few of the tutorials in the game and played through them but if you don't start playing and immersing yourself immediately, you quickly forget all the details. So, I put it down for a few months and finally sat down one day and watched about 2-3 hours of tutorials. Then, I started playing it again and started getting the hang of things.

    My first big gripe was the amount of time that it takes to fly from point A to point B. Even within the same system. I kept seeing people say how "relaxing" it is, etc.. but I really couldn't wrap my brain around this...at least initially. Finally, after doing a few missions and accumulating credits and analyzing the multiple possibilities of ship builds, I started getting pretty interested in the game. Then one day...I picked a planet in the system that was about 100K Ls away and hit supercruise and just.....relaxed. I surfed some Inara on my phone, checked my email, enjoyed the sites, poured a little bit of scotch and just kicked my feet up. I think I finally get it now. The game is really not meant to be rushed. It actually IS very relaxing.

    I'm still pretty new to the galactic politics and so far most of my missions involve bounty hunting which I seem to be fairly decent with on my xbox controller. However, I'm really starting to have a blast playing the game. It does seem like a colossal Cr grind with rehashed missions that are all the same but hopefully it takes awhile before too much gets stale. I started out in my sidewinder, upgraded to an Adder, then a Cobra, and then upgraded to a Keelback of all things. I'm currently running a fighter out of the SLF bay and and that's so much fun. I also use it as a secondary transport ship. The cockpit is huge and I love the FOV. It kind of feels like a sister to the Millennium Falcon.

    Anyway, I'm happy to see so many people playing the game at 1 and 2K hours later. That gives me some confidence that I'll continue to enjoy it. It's not the best "casual" play game where you can pick it up for a few minutes and then put it down like Apex, etc.. and I have a pretty busy schedule as it is but I can knock out an hour here and there and that seems to give me adequate progress. I do wish that there was a better integrated multiplayer and that you actually saw players more regularly or had ways to interact with them and were given incentives to do missions together, etc.. I think it would be fun to have big corporations or clans that carried out covert missions against another syndicate power, etc.. similar to EVE, etc.. I'm not quite sure what to expect with the Beyond expansion as it seems to have gotten bad reviews. Hopefully, Frontier irons out all the wrinkles before releasing for consoles.

    Funny story: I upgraded to the Keelback before I had enough money to upgrade all my modules and I was so excited when I bought it that I launched myself from the space station only to discover that it didn't have a pilot assist and I had never piloted within a space station. I barely made it out and upon receiving docking request at the next station....I got ticketed for loitering at the entrance, crashed into just about everything in the station and finally managed to land the sucker without killing myself. I don't know how some of you do that so naturally. I'm actually fairly decent in combat but my flying skills in and out of orbital stations just sucks. I think I'll always have an active module for flight assist!

    submitted by /u/Eldorren
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 27 September 2021

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Silhouette

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 01:51 AM PDT

    Bringing my new baby home

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    New player here

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    I just got the game the other day and I'm at work now but the download should be done by the time I'm home. Does anyone have any tips that would help me starting out?

    Also I'm on PS4 so is there any way to change the looking around to not be motion controlled?

    Thank you in advance :) o7

    submitted by /u/Hulkingfiber
    [link] [comments]

    I occasionally wondered if the planets actually move over time

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Before accepting a delivery mission, always read the fine print, especially when comes to Ls vs. Ly.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    When to start grinding to unlock engineers?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    So I just moved up from my original sidewinder after doing a few mega ship scan missions, and dying several times on conflict zones… I was able to upgrade to a Cobra MK III.

    At this point I think I got it to the best build it can be before engineering Courtesy of this post so I don't know where to go from here:

    • I wanted to start engineering and have a better chance of survival for single bounty hunting, or doing more than stealing kills off allies on CZs. I read on another guide that for this I should try to get a good versatile ship like a DbX or a Krait, with good storage.

    • I really, really want a Krait Phantom, but it seems like such a big jump in cost when I have just 6mil in my bank.

    Should I take it easy, keep saving on my cobra until I can buy and outfit my Krait? Or can I start unlocking engineers on my cobra? Is it a good time to start now or is it too soon?

    (current build on coriolis)

    Edit: also, if anyone wants to play I'm up for it, CMDR Jafex on PC.

    see you out there!

    submitted by /u/Limelight_019283
    [link] [comments]

    First expedition - Heading to the Coalsack Nebula.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 04:09 PM PDT

    When you grind all those G5 mats, use remote workshop, but forgot to check one thing

    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment