• Breaking News

    Friday, September 3, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Proof that Elite Dangerous is a British sci-fi? In-station vehicles drive on the left side.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    Tried to recreate some ships in Spore

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    I finally got around to getting an Orca! I think "Atlantis" is a very suiting name (Named after the space shuttle Atlantis)

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    When are we going to hear about new vehicles?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Elite Dangerous at it's heart is a game about flying space ships. Being about to walk around outside of vehicles is fun and all, and is a great option for new gameplay experiences, but I was kinda hoping the new content we were getting was going to include some more vehicles to play around with, there were a handful teased from a data dump, and it seems odd we haven't had a new vehicle in this game in a long time.

    Some examples of stuff I'd like to see:

    • Panther Clipper
    • An Imperial Medium Ship
    • A Federal Small Ship
    • An Alliance Large ship to rival the Big 3
    • A pilotable Ship that has the option to launch/dock a small ship like a Sidewinder/Eagle/Hauler/Adder

    • Mining Utility Shuttle/Fighter

    • Cargo Hauling Utility Shuttle/Fighter

    • Exploration Utility Shuttle/Fighter

    • SLF with Missiles

    • SLF with Bombs/Mines for attacking ground targets

    • Maybe a SLF with configurable weapon/utility?

    • SRVs with Tracks (Tanks)

    • SRVs that Hover

    • SRVs that fit 2/3/4 players

    More options for SLFs and SRVs would go a long way to improve Multicrew or Team Gameplay from a single ship and would love to see more options. Imagine if we had the ability to send 2 Prospecting SLFs while having a gunner on the mining lasers?

    Also as a side note, we should be able to have multiple SLF blueprints installed in each slot and the SLF pilot can choose which one gets made to their preference. I'm thinking like 2 different combat types and a utility option would be great.

    submitted by /u/teeth_03
    [link] [comments]

    Home sweet home

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    I found some gold selling at 2375 CR on a fleet carrier, made over 5M in one go

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    On my way to get the Anaconda in the VIP zone !

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    skaudai aa-a h71 and a few other nebulae.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Bunny Hop

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    My friend and I went on our first exploration outing together, here's us at the first populated system when we got back. (me in the diamondback)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    My favorite screenshot so far.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    I am back to doing the T6 blueprints, deck plans. They will be the same level as Orca and Dolphin I did. Here is a work in progress, front elevation.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    I am back to doing the T6 blueprints, deck plans. They will be the same level as Orca and Dolphin I did. Here is a work in progress, front elevation.

    I am back to doing the T6 blueprints, deck plans. They will be the same level as Orca and Dolphin I did.
    Here is a work in progress, front elevation.

    https://preview.redd.it/5bialwi9hcl71.png?width=1605&format=png&auto=webp&s=346f52f0328309b29fa213c8a99527144fe268b8

    submitted by /u/Velko_Vidich
    [link] [comments]

    Just ran the game in 4k with my new steam account and took some screencaps because the ultra detail was gorgeous. now i have a new wallpaper.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Asp Explorer as a mining ship?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    I'm fairly new to the game and I've kitted out my asp explorer for mining. It seems to be doing a pretty good job in my opinion but I feel like whenever mining ships are discussed this one is never in the running. Is there a reason the asp explorer is less suited for mining than some other vessels, and if so what is it? Also, if it is fine, is it a good one to land on, or should I view it as a stepping stone to some different mining vehicle?

    submitted by /u/Mammoth_Function40k
    [link] [comments]

    Prua Phoe AA-A H69(nice) from 100 light years away

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    About notable stellar phenomena

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    How hard is to discover NSP by yourself? How rare they are?

    Most of my playtime in ED has been in exploration, I have found lots of ELWs and all kind of weird worlds out there, but not a single NSP

    Am I missing something or are they that hard to find?

    submitted by /u/starhunter117
    [link] [comments]

    Witchspace Irl

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 03:10 PM PDT

    Is there a real life theory for the idea of using an alternate dimension to travel long distances? Its not quite like wormholes in the way I've read about anyway. I've heard of many ways we can beat the FTL problem but nothing quite like using a different dimension for space travel except in Halo and 40k

    submitted by /u/DuffMcWhalin
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t find a straight answer to this

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    I ran out of fuel and went to a station that wasn't controlled by the federation or anything. Out of nowhere my ship thrusters and everything stopped working. The oxygen started depleting and I saw a few ships fly around and then leave. What happened? I'm new to this game.

    submitted by /u/NegativeMinimum6519
    [link] [comments]

    So, the heat of the ship....

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    So, the heat of the ship....

    I feel like a moron xD

    Today I was trucking some materials around, making a bit of money and watching netflix in the meantime. Repeating the same 3 jump route over, and over, and over, and over, and then I noticed something...

    When charging the FSD the heat of my ship was always at 57% when I jumped, it's something I never paid much attention to as I was always waiting for my ship to cool down after scooping before I started charging FSD. So I did some testing, and yea, it's always 57%. Doesn't matter if I start charging at 26% heat or at 54% heat...

    I have always assumed that charging of FSD continuously heats up the ship and can overheat it but aperently it only heats up the ship to a set amount of heat provided I start charging below this threshold... So... much... time... wasted....

    https://preview.redd.it/0eb2caq2gbl71.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6168c3b851d5206c5acaac45f358736bd7ed7c1c

    I have almost 500 hours logged on steam on ED... I'm going to go cry in a corner now. Happy flying CMDRs o7

    submitted by /u/Jurkoun
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else spend more time on Coriolis/EDSY than they do playing the game?

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I am so obsessed with min/maxing and trying to tweak out just that little more performance/durability. Whoever made those tools are truly masterminds. The worst/best thing is that I am always coming up with new random ship build ideas and then spend weeks trying to make it viable, hahaha. Anyone do the same thing?

    submitted by /u/_WingCommander_
    [link] [comments]

    T-Flight Hotas One drift fix.

    Posted: 03 Sep 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    CMDRs,

    Just wanted to throw this out there cause it's an issue I've recently had and now fixed.

    Searching this sub, I've seen lots of others have had this same problem and varying degrees of success with firmware updates. I tried the same, and had no resolution.

    I found this DIY guide that worked amazing. Only about 15-20 minutes of work, and no more issues.

    I didn't do the guide, don't know who did. But whoever they are... major props.

    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Computer+Game+Controller+t.Flight+HOTAS+rebuild/142109

    submitted by /u/Local_Vermicelli_856
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment