• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 12, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    If you're in the Bubble. Stop by HIP 111647 4a for the views and the 6 Bios

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Came for the scoop, stayed for the view (GIF Version)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    The dark foggy atmosphere of Guardian Ruins

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Any chance for supernova?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    3...2...1...Houston, we have lift off.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    ABDUCTED on a fleet carrier but saved by fuel rats!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Hey fellow noob, are you stuck in deep space after logging out on a fleet carrier? :')

    So I'm brand new to the game...about 15 hours in and made a nice boo boo. In short, don't leave yourself sitting on a stranger's fleet carrier as they can warp 500ly at a time and might just decide to take you so far out you can't jump anywhere at all!

    I thought it was a bug at first but after a bit of googling found some threads...

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/h91ml8/stuck_in_deep_space_after_logging_out_on_a_fleet/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/nfghao/stuck_in_the_middle_of_nowhere_on_fleet_carrier/

    How could I get back? I can't incur a bounty, die and warp to a jail as it was an empty system (and "anarchy" so no bounties anyway). I thought about self destructing and respawning at home in a sidewinder, thus losing my shiny new Cobra MkIII which I just started engineering...not great but a good lesson.

    As the title says, I was fortunate enough that the legendary Fuel Rats had a member online with a FC that could warp over and save my bacon :D An hour later I was back in civilization and a little bit wiser. MASSIVE thanks to the Fuel Rats and to their member Astronowolf who sent his FC (at great personal cost) all the way to Wregoe QB-O C6-9, which is pretty much the ass end of the universe.

    To the Fuel Rats! o7

    submitted by /u/Shteebo
    [link] [comments]

    My entry for the Tourist Beacon competition White, Blue, Black, which features an Earth-Like World with an axial tilt of almost 90º, was selected by Frontier!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:37 PM PDT

    My Tourist Beacon CG Submission Was Accepted!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    My copilot failing on the job

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    California Nebula

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    Epic Exploration Noises!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Space leg

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    A time lapse (hardly) from within a hyper orbiting neutron star ring and a black hole coming in and out of view. Orbital period: ~12 minutes. The last clip demonstrates the origional speed.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    I Love This Game And Ive only Been Playing for a week

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 11:31 AM PDT

    Phantom with spoilers is a great looking ship

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Found a nice place so I did a little photoshoot

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 10:13 AM PDT

    A tasty neutron snack

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Xbox setup :)

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:02 PM PDT

    guardian guardian!!!!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    Hello if any one is interested in farming guardian gear let me know. I'm here with my corvet and will protect you from gankers and other inconveniences while you pick up the material you need.

    submitted by /u/atrealleadslinger101
    [link] [comments]

    Just made Elite in combat - and I am a fraud.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    Just made Elite in combat - and I am a fraud.

    https://preview.redd.it/kg8lh6hvg3t71.jpg?width=1023&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3f10446129dcbefdb340020f38a1e4335f76b551

    Well commanders, having played this game since launch, I have finally earned my Elite Combat rank, to go with the Exploration and Trading I already have. Getting to Triple Elite is normally a milestone for commanders, and a serious source of pride.

    Not for me, though. I feel like I cheated.

    Why?

    Because I haven't taken out a ship in about two years.

    That's right. While I tore things up "back in the day", I never was able to get the hang of combat after engineering came to be, so I just... avoided it. Prior to this summer, I was smack in the middle of Dangerous, about 55%. So what changed? Odyssey.

    I've been really enjoying the on-foot stuff, and have racked up several thousand kills. But these have been counting towards my combat rank as well as my mercenary rank, and I don't think it should be. (It's universal, not a bug.) So now, technically, I've achieved the same rank as commanders who've spent countless evenings in combat zones, hunting Thargoids, or massacring pirates left and right. To the best of my knowledge, I should have taken out over 2,000 elite NPC pilots just to get through Deadly, but it seems any and all on-foot NPCs counted the same.

    So here I sit. An elite fraud.

    submitted by /u/ubermick
    [link] [comments]

    Reminiscing on the old odd quirks of Elite Dangerous

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    So as we're approaching the release of Update 8, I find myself looking back on the state of the game through the years. I've been playing Elite Dangerous off and on since the beginning of 2015, and I've seen a lot of amusing (and not so amusing) bugs and quirks that have come and gone. I figured I'd mention some of my favorites.

    Remember when every station used to be an NPC death trap? Back then, NPC AI/pathing wasn't so great at navigating inside stations, so they were often violating the loitering restrictions while attempting to land, which meant that they were usually being shot up by the station's cruel "shoot first, ask questions later" defenses. Station interiors were constantly filled with the sound of explosions and debris rattling around. If you left your ship docked for a while to go make a snack or whatever, then came back after a few minutes, there was a possibility that the whole station could be filled with charred and twisted metal floating everywhere. It was so hilariously dystopian. There was as much death and destruction inside the station as there was in a conflict zone. Eventually the NPC AI was improved, though, and that "issue" got resolved. Flying in and out of stations is relatively peaceful now compared to those hellish times past.

    Another quirk that I don't look so fondly upon was how System Authority ships had a ZERO tolerance for even a glancing shot in a RES or similar location. You could be there for hours, bounty hunting and defending miners from pirates, but the very instant a single round from a multicannon glanced off the shield of a System Authority Eagle that just happened to fly in front of you at the worst time, you were immediately a Priority One Enemy of the System and the entire fleet would turn against you at once. Happened to me way too many times. I got really good at retracting hardpoints and boosting away as soon as I saw my whole sensor screen turn red. Thankfully nowadays there's a "damage tolerance" in place so if you accidentally hit one of their ships, they may question your intentions but they won't all immediately assume you've betrayed them and return fire. Got some funny memes out of it before it was "fixed," though.

    What other bugs, quirks, etc. do you remember from the earlier days?

    submitted by /u/SpaceNinjaBear
    [link] [comments]

    Greeting from New Beginning!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 03:34 PM PDT

    Just jumping Nebula to Nebula on my way to Colonia. Love this stuff

    Posted: 12 Oct 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment