• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 9, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Don't be the guy who sits on the only medium landing pad of a high-traffic outpost for over half an hour. Please.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    I let an AI convert the text "Elite Dangerous" to an image. This is what I got.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:12 PM PDT

    Gankers, a Musing of Murder

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    I get it. I really do. You might be role-playing as one, or just "getting your gun off". All fine. I'm not one for preaching how a game should be played. Yet here is my problem.

    On PC there are a legion of players involved in pvp, likely for every ganker there is an anti-ganker. And therein lies the risk, and, importantly, the challenge. At any moment you might just bite off more than you can chew, or more worryingly, be interdicted and engaged by another. None of this exists on consoles.

    I was shipping computer components for the current CG in my heavy as a moon, slower than dirt, weak as a wet paper bag, T9 when I was interdicted and promptly destroyed by a 'Vette. A truly terrifying machine.

    Fine. Playing in open, it's to be expected now and then. I laughed off the 10million credit experience, respawned and went to get more components.

    My problem with it was that there was no reason to destroy my ship like that. Had he hailed me and demanded the release of my cargo, I would have gleefully agreed. That would have been a solid piracy play. Alas, the gunfire was all the player offered.

    My demise was a matter of seconds, bringing me to the initial issue I have. There was no risk, no challenge, but crucially no reward. Other than a bounty on their head this player gained nothing, either in game or out.

    If they wanted a pvp scrap, I'd have popped back to get my chief, at least that would have offered them a bit of a challenge, admittedly not much, but some.

    Maybe I miss the point of it all. Who knows. It just strikes me that ganking is boring and pointless on console.

    Fly safe cmdrs o7

    submitted by /u/LewAstro
    [link] [comments]

    All this for 500k...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 05:35 AM PDT

    Nailed it!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    Took a few pics of a lovely water world :)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    And then they said "Let's make the rolls random, I bet they'll love that"

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    Beluga no-look baclwards mailslot entry (sound got corrupted)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:41 PM PDT

    what is the Elite logo, really? an Eagle? pegasus? dragon?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 05:49 PM PDT

    Well that might as well have happened

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    So I went on my first long Expedition. First to Colonia, then to Sagittarius A, and then back to the bubble.

    On my FINAL jump I died in a Neutron star.

    And spawned back at Explorers Anchorage.

    A PSA to all commanders: whatever you're thinking of doing, don't risk it o7

    submitted by /u/EthanEinstein
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot just how big this ship is. (little white dot is me)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    Nabbed this gorgeous shot leaving MacDonald Settlement earlier!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    I expected some wear and tear on my ship, but this is a bit unnerving...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    no thargoids detected bois! we are clear!!!!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    Now THAT’S how you finish a mission in style!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    Do you desire to explore new worlds and exotic locations? Join our guild of like-minded Commanders!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    We're hit....this little ship can't make it through this kind of electric storm.....I hope you got your Remlock charged up...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 01:16 AM PDT

    Alchemy Den is Doing a 24-hour Charity Event Benefiting SpecialEffect!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Hiya Frens!

    It's that time of year again. Time for a charity event! Below are the big Details on whats gunna happen.

    When: October 23rd, 2021, begins at 9:00am CST and will last 24 hours!

    Where: https://twitch.tv/Arburich

    Why: We are supporting Special Effect this year with a JustGiving page. I'd suggest waiting till the stream starts before attempting to donate, that way you are given lots of love by others and can watch the goals as they happen!

    https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/alchemyden


    Now for the WHAT:

    • We will begin the stream with a mock F1 Race. Practice Laps, full scale qualifying, driver interviews, pit crew discussion, all the above. Get into it some, have some fun. (this should take about 1.5-2 hours)

    • Each donation to Special Effect (or donations otherwise) will contribute to "events" that happen during the race. (more on that later. Basically the more you donate, the more Arb cries)

    • The "loser" of the race (which will be Arb due to "events" above) will have to drive around an entire planet in Elite Dangerous for the remaining 24 hours. (we do this every year!)

    • Events will happen while driving around the planet as well.

    There will be Giveaways, discussions, Interview(s, maybe), and of course, Hot Sauce. The main goal is $2,000 this year. And, as a extra special "fuck you arb", for every $1,000 we accomplish during the event, Arb will down a shot of Whiskey and Hot Sauce (up to $5,000 for whiskey, because alcohol poisoning isn't fun). ENJOY MY PAIN AND HELP OTHERS.

    Here is last year's "hot sauce goal": https://www.twitch.tv/videos/700782985

    Love you all. More to come soon

    Discord: https://discord.gg/jZMbsZj

    Website: https://alchemyden.com

    submitted by /u/4sonicride
    [link] [comments]

    The Legendary Zebra Planet

    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    I just did two "Disable Megaship Turrets" Missions for different Megaships in a row, and I did them both on one megaship?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    I flew to one of the megaships from the missions and blew out some turrets, then the mission for the other megaship completed. Then I destroyed some more turrets, and the one I was doing completed. Is this a bug? Maybe it doesn't actually check if you're destroying the correct megaship turrets, but just any megaship turrets instead? I'll try to replicate this. lol

    EDIT: Yep, I tested it. I accepted a bunch of megaship turret missions, flew to a random megaship, and completed all of them. amazin fdev

    submitted by /u/Botion
    [link] [comments]

    Living the dream

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    Things to do on the way to Hutton Orbital

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 12:45 AM PDT

    Awesome picture of binary moon and parent gas giant (G 99-49)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment