• Breaking News

    Monday, November 1, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like Trader as a "profession" isn't afforded the respect it deserves by the game mechanics

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    The only thing that trading currently entails is buying a bunch of cargo space and then looking for big green numbers. Going up in ranks just means you've repeated this process several times.

    In real life, we've got refrigerated trucks, special vehicles for hazardous materials and special licenses that are required to perform these jobs.

    I wish I had to manage pips to balance speed vs systems keeping properly frozen food or avoiding hard FSD stops to keep a load full of explosives from going off.

    I understand other games can have simplified trading systems because that's not the focus, but I think that if they're going to make a whole rank system for it, then some sort of progression and added complexity would be appropriate.

    submitted by /u/s3x2
    [link] [comments]

    Don't mind me, I'm just coming to sneak in and steal your power regulator

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    The Most Useful Ship in My Whole Damn Fleet

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Lakon pls

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    Interpretative dance performance in public at Bates Orbital ��‍♀️

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Update 8 seems to have improved the laser FX, both visual and audio. I love the cracking sound, very relaxing.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Why is this game not popular?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    I've been playing this game for like 24 (total) hours and I've let the federation zone a while back (I've got a mil already) and lemme say it for the record, I'm HOOKED on this game. Like it has a lot to explore and I plan to go see SOL later in the game. Right now I am in GCRV 1568 (my miner buddy is here too, I defend him from pirates) and the game is TOO FUN in my opinion, yet, the game is barely talked about nowadays and it kind of makes me sad knowing that well, the Devs at Frontier worked days and nights making such a believable universe, and sure it lacks content sometimes and it gets Grindy but it is SAME WITH OTHER GAMES. it makes me sad and I kind of want to see this game be on trending atleast for a day or 2

    submitted by /u/WinnerWinds
    [link] [comments]

    After months in the black finally at a station - cashed in some 623 millions in exploration data, and unloaded 2 occupied escape pods I stumbled upon on some desolate planet. I always seem to find those during my travels.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    A noob tale and the punishing world of ED

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    I had quite a laugh today and wanted to share the story of how a simple mistake in this game can have devastating consequences... LOL

    So lately I have been doing the Robigo mines pax missions to Sothis in an effortless attempt at building my credit balance. However this weekend I decided to change it up and join my friend closer to the bubble, for some combat massacre missions. Well this morning, I decided to return to Robigo and carry on the mind numbing grind. So I hop in my DBX make 8-9 jumps to Robigo, and land at the station where my Python is docked. Not paying too much attention to my loadout, I hop into the Python, jump to Robigo mines, and start filling out my missions with some beautiful payouts, almost 3-4 Mill avg, thinking this will be a good payout, for 10mins work. I go to plot my route to Sothis, and notice that its routing me 59 jumps, as oppose to the 2 jumps it typically takes... quickly realize my 5A engineered FSD booster is still sitting on my DBX...Crap... this is where it all goes down hill.... I wasn't certain, but I thought maybe....just maybe it will let me swap ships to transfer the FSD booster, so I land back at the station where the DBX is, no problems getting in, and not getting scanned. Realize, since I have passengers, it will not let me make the swap.... ok... well at least i can purchase a 5B FSD booster, and I had enough mats to engineer it G1 long range jumps... so this brought my total jumps to 11, not bad, i'll finish this up quickly and get the get the proper FSD booster on.... so I hit Auto Launch :( :( doesn't the ship start smacking into features in the station, now i am also running with no shields to max out my cabin capacity...so the by the time the ship stabilizes, my hull is down to 60% and the passengers all start cancelling their contracts with me... Fkin Great...... as my ship leaves the mailslot, I am going into my transactions tab to abandon the missions, plan was to turn around, land, get the FSD booster from my DBX and start over....well the system security forces had other plans for me... i get scanned, and they realize I have illegal passengers, and now im wanted and they start opening fire on me... typically i can get out of the situation, all pips to engines, boost with silent running and jump into SC, but wait... this station is surrounded by asteroids, so Im mass locked for a while, and just enough for them to take me out..... wake up in a detention centre that is 272 LY away from Robigo :) thats way too many jumps for a ship with crappy jump range and no fuel scoop...so now i am waiting 50mins for the DBX to get transferred to the station, so I can fly back to Robigo with it and then wait another 50 mins to transfer the Python back..... oh ED you never to cease to amaze me at times.... overall had a good laugh at this situation, and what makes this game fun, dangerous and frustrating at times...

    Fly safe Commanders 07

    submitted by /u/Curious-Rip-5715
    [link] [comments]

    A fix that gave me the incredible performance gains that were promised in Update 8

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    TL;DR Delete your graphics file and start the game.

    My setup: Razer Blade Stealth 2017 using an RTX 3060ti plugged into a Razer Core X.

    Playing during update 7 I was getting around 15fps in stations and about +/-10fps in conflict zones even after following the post about deleting the graphics file. However, I tried it again after update 8 and now I'm at:

    • 55-60fps in stations.
    • 30/50 in conflict zones/settlements respectively.
    • 60 on planets away from settlements.
    • 60 in supercruise.

    Graphics settings at default medium, my eGPU setup is less than ideal for future proofing as my laptop is proving to be a setup I can't scale up though I'll be building a pc in the near future.

    This obviously makes the game playable so I implore you all to at least give it a go o7.

    submitted by /u/gstfs
    [link] [comments]

    Was looking threw the galnet Friday and saw this. Read the bottom part about the SOS. Does any one have any leads. Me and my wingman investigated some of the systems and haven't found anything except two degraded emissions.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:43 AM PDT

    Is it confirmed that there won't be new VR features going forward?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I was planning to buy Oddissey and come back to Elite after a year break but I've read that there are not planning to keep developing the VR features for the game, is that true?

    If that's the case that would be extremely dissappointing as many of us only play the game with VR (bought the headset and HOTAS mostly to use it with Elite) and maybe time to uninstall and start looking at alternatives like No Mans Sky.

    I hope I'm mistaken though.

    submitted by /u/OutlanderDL0
    [link] [comments]

    It’s small but it does the job(kind of)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    Notoriety should be disabled for Odyssey content

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Notoriety works for space content because there is a lot to do that is legal to the point where you have to really go out of your way to earn it when in space.

    But the on foot content basically relegates you to being a murder hobo. A lot of the missions you either have to kill people or it's just a lot easier to. But it is also kind of boring if you don't get to shoot anybody.

    I suggest turning notoriety off until we get guns with less than lethal ammo so we can stun people without killing them in missions.

    It's kind of a big buzz kill.

    submitted by /u/teeth_03
    [link] [comments]

    I see what you did there

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    My new canyon runner

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    I just recently noticed this

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    I just recently noticed this

    Basically, populated ELWs (and maybe others) don't have these city lights as shown in this screenshot taken before odyssey :(. Not only that, but I visited Earth (this is Earth in the pic) and the axial rotation is not synchronized to our real life planet (I know this cuz I when I took this picture, it was like 1 hour after sunset in eastern europe, shown in the screenshot). Went there a couple of mins ago (1AM UTC+2) and the whole of Europe and Africa were bathed in sunlight.

    Has anyone noticed this ?

    https://preview.redd.it/c1544kgif2x71.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c64de56335996f59f8d312965665303b180150b0

    submitted by /u/Mayhem66
    [link] [comments]

    "Searching For Zen." Relaxing FA Off Semi-Close Quarters Flight. Hooning.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    Should You Upgrade your Thargoid Hunting Hardpoints? - A Comparison of Engineered Guardian Hardpoints Currently Available in Merope at Bright Sentinel Megaship

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    Should You Upgrade your Thargoid Hunting Hardpoints? - A Comparison of Engineered Guardian Hardpoints Currently Available in Merope at Bright Sentinel Megaship

    I haven't seen a comparison of the modified Size 2 vs non-modified Size 3 Guardian hardpoints that are currently available at the Bright Sentinel Megaship in the Merope system so I'm posting some side by side comparisons here. We don't know how long the megaship will stick around or when it will back, so if these hardpoints look interesting to you I recommend gathering the materials and grabbing them while you can. It could very well be gone this Thursday (11/4/2021). Guardian Weapon Blueprints are the bottleneck in this situation so here is a good guide on how to acquire them.

    The modified variants come in size 1 and 2 only, so I was curious how the size 2 hardpoints compared to the size 3 hardpoints. I will let you compare the stats and form your own opinions, but it seems the modified size 2 guardian plasma charger and modified size 2 guardian gauss cannons are improvements over thier non-modified size 3 variants.

    Guardian Plasma Charger:

    https://preview.redd.it/6t4wq81a60x71.jpg?width=1979&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a447f546fb0826d8a6ac4029845d44953647b417

    Guardian Gauss Cannon:

    Fires in a quick 4 round burst

    Guardian Shard Cannon:

    https://preview.redd.it/pl3l6ojx60x71.jpg?width=1979&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f06a6afc90afed740619b17db9ace954ea55988d

    Materials Needed

    Modified 2B Guardian Plasma Charger:
    - Guardian Weapon Blueprint Fragment (1)
    - Guardian Power Conduit (3)
    - Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts (3)
    - Arsenic (2)
    - Power Transfer Bus (1)

    Modified 2B Guardian Gauss Cannon:
    - Guardian Weapon Blueprint Fragment (1)
    - Guardian Power Cell (3)
    - Guardian Technology Component (3)
    - Niobium (2)
    - Thermal Cooling Units (1)

    Modified 2A Guardian Shard Cannon:
    - Guardian Weapon Blueprint Fragment (1)
    - Guardian Wreckage Components (3)
    - Guardian Technology Component (3)
    - Germanium (2)
    - Power Converter

    submitted by /u/vladmirmcdoogle
    [link] [comments]

    finally a Elite

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 09:23 AM PDT

    Some random desert planet.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    Some random desert planet. submitted by /u/EntrepreneurEast1502
    [link] [comments]

    Colonia Bridge & Tritium

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    What's the deal with the Tritium supply on the Colonia Bridge megaships near Colonia?

    The CG description said there will be Tritium supplies. I'm here in Colonia, and I checked INARA to find that the bridge ports near Colonia have basically no supply (6 at CB-56).

    So I flew to CB-56 to see if CMDRs are just scooping it up real fast. 6 tritium when I arrived. 6 tritium at the board flip. 6 tritium still.

    6 tritium is not a supply. 6 tritium is a joke. I need 7000.

    Also, why don't the Colonia Bridge stations buy Tritium?

    submitted by /u/DangerPencil
    [link] [comments]

    This is the 4th seat that should've been added (finally) to the Anaconda.. Why Frontier...?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    AX CZ in a nutshell

    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    I finally found my first Earth-like world.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment