• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 21, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Merry Christmas from The Winged Hussars!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 09:50 AM PST

    Proud new owner, what should I do with it? I'm thinking Explorvette.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 05:47 PM PST

    A painting of the wreck of the Sacrosanct megaship; destroyed by John Tyburn - known as Theta Seven

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 04:05 PM PST

    Onion Gamma Strain really does hit different...

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 03:11 PM PST

    On my way back from Colonia...

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 05:47 PM PST

    Wait there is something wrong in here

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 11:40 AM PST

    Tip for anyone new to Elite Dangerous, the opening of a station generally always faces the nearest planet it's orbiting (image is inaccurate)

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 04:50 AM PST

    I found an AFK friend at the guardian structure site, he hasnt come back, will keep you updated

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 10:24 PM PST

    THIS is what you do with a free Courier

    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 12:50 AM PST

    Thank you FDEV for update 9 Sunsets. They are truly magnificent

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 07:41 AM PST

    Finally decided to give the Scorpion a spin. This is my conclusion.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 03:18 PM PST

    The explorer's Odyssey. I wish you good health and Happy Holidays Commanders!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Finally joined the Corvette Club. Time to see if the grind was worth it!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 11:25 AM PST

    So first attempted gank, was quite fun

    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 01:49 AM PST

    [Edit] Reading the title it makes it sound like I was trying to gank, but I was the ganked rather than the ganker

    Mainly because I got away. Literally the second time flying my new Mamba and just popped over to Wolf 397 to buff it with some experimentals and got interdicked which happens. So I submitted like normal expecting some easy prey pirate for some bounty and mats but this time my shield is dropping and then suddenly I heard the corrosive warning, and I wasn't on an elite assassination mission. The penny drops and I do what the Mamba does best: run. All pips to the engines and boost for days. He got me to about 48% in that first pass but I got away and low waked out of there, then promptly got interdicked again. This time I tried to evade it but just impossible, is there any way at all? The second time he dropped my shields again and got me to about 25% hull until I got away only to be interdicked a third time. This time I was wiser to his tactics, the shields held and I just boosted away, not low-waking it as I had a clear speed advantage.

    Popped into chat and had GAV-something telling me I was being ganked but he had his trader vessel and his PvP ships was 200ly away. I pointed out he had tried to gank me but I was away, while another cmdr told him off for ganking, while he begged us both for a PvP fight. I high-waked out of there, got repaired at the next system and went back it, got tried it again but I got past him and did a low run into Trophy Camp while the ganker moaned about not having the right ship.

    All in all quite exhilarating. Also nice to see some other cmdrs out there, even if they are trying to kill me.

    submitted by /u/Jiminyfingers
    [link] [comments]

    To the player that had the idea to harass gankers with rocket builds.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 03:15 PM PST

    Thank you! I can't find the post to get your name.

    Built myself a rocket build with an ID on it. Been having fun @ Jameson Memorial :D

    I think the next CG is going to be a whole lot more entertaining now :D

    submitted by /u/DerpySquatch
    [link] [comments]

    You can only get a sense of scale of the stars when you compare them.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 08:29 PM PST

    Irritating thing about Anaconda. You cannot see the gravity of a planet because there is a background external light. Is it only me or has anyone else noticed it also.? Try reading Gravity without zooming in.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 08:23 AM PST

    In the context of the lore, how odd is the average CMDR?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 07:57 PM PST

    So I'd say most players have been out of the bubble. Or at least to colonia or even just the neighboring nebula to the bubble. But in the context of the lore how common would that be for the average person in the bubble? How legendary would CMDRs that reached Beagle Point be to the average citizen? Would Colonia residents be the strange Outlanders? Or are they just across the pond?

    submitted by /u/Wonder_Platypus
    [link] [comments]

    WOOHOO Found a workaround for the Moiré Pattern bug affecting a lot of players!!!

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 01:27 PM PST

    WOOHOO Found a workaround for the Moiré Pattern bug affecting a lot of players!!!

    After hours of experimenting with Radeon RX 6800 video card software (and months of driver upgrades since May) and all the settings in the game and restarting each time to make sure effects were being applied - I have a solution!!!!

    Its the damned Terrain Material Quality setting... set it to Medium to remove the moiré patterns (see the examples) until FDev find out what is wrong with it. I'll also post this to the official Forums and in the linked tracker issue ( https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/46398 ).

    https://preview.redd.it/rw5nlsjemr681.jpg?width=5127&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=28fa0579bc4a742b152ed6a13714ac6d7683a0d9

    submitted by /u/DisillusionedBook
    [link] [comments]

    Finally bought an Anaconda! Not sure what to do with it yet since I've already got dedicated ships.

    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 03:25 AM PST

    Took my Exploration Anaconda to pick up some Thargoid materials for an engineer, was not prepared for hyperdiction. Arrived home with 6% hull left

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 11:50 PM PST

    Happy holidays commanders o7

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 08:37 PM PST

    Christmas tree by The Winged Hussars... And some Santa sleigh with bunch of reindeers! Oh, and fireworks!

    Posted: 21 Dec 2021 02:28 AM PST

    Found my first neutron star by accident while en route for a trade and it was absolutely breathtaking. The view was just fantastic.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 06:30 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment