• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 29, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Black day. Today I made a big mistake. I fell a sleep for 2 hours after vaccination, but game was still runing. When I got back to my computer, I lost my ship and around 240 000 000 Cr worth of half year exploration data with it. Now I am sitting and crying inside.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 10:52 AM PST

    Gradiant of the Galaxy

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Silver in the air

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:22 AM PST

    Imperial ships are the coolest. Can't change my mind.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 02:05 PM PST

    Camera zooming reminds me of Battlestar Galactica

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 08:15 AM PST

    Just wanted to share a couple more pictures of the MambaX from my time in HIP 100927. This thing is so beautiful in chrome!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 10:05 AM PST

    After playing on and off since 2016, I've finally gone where many have gone before, Sagittarius A.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:29 AM PST

    Solo Massacre Mission Stacking: 364,842,899 in Under Two Hours

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 06:56 PM PST

    I have finally figured out how to make good money off of solo massacre mission stacking. My last run was the most successful: nearly 365 million credits in less than two hours total, including mission pickup and dropoff times. Here are the details.

    I work out of Gliese 868, where I have built up allied reputation with six of the seven factions. The nice thing about this system is that there are four stations with large landing pads within about 195 ls of each other. And, except when the system is in civil war, all of the missions point to another system, LP 932-12, less than 2 ly away.

    The nice thing about LP 932-12 is that all of the signals stay within about 2K ls of each other. My average trip between signals was 200 ls. And there is a nice, fat hazardous resource extraction zone right in the middle of the signals.

    There are no stations with large pads in LP 932-12. But I park my carrier there as a quick way to refuel and rearm (Zeke's Haven); and there are always many other carriers there, open for refueling, rearming, and repairing.

    I am not a great combat pilot; but I am patient and persistent. I have a pretty solid Corvette build that I use for this, which I am absolutely sure could be improved, but which works well for this purpose. Many of its peculiarities result from tweaks to suit my play style, not an absolute min-max build.

    And I choose my targets carefully. Following good advice on this forum, I only go to combat signals with level 3 or level 2. I leave the level 4 signals alone: I can do well in those, but they take longer and this run was about maxing credits per time period. The level 3 targets satisfy all of the missions I get in Gliese.

    In my most recent run, here are the time frames for the different phases of the run (all data extracted from ED Discovery):

    -- 6:55 pm - 7:18 pm: pick up at the four stations in Gliese: MacLean Terminal; Bacon Port; Braun Station; and Houssay Terminal.

    -- 7:26 pm - 8:44 pm: killing time, a total of 69 kills exclusively at level 3 combat signals, with the last 9 kills in the haz res zone.

    -- 8:44 pm - 8:55 pm: turn in missions and collect bounties back in Gliese.

    The total payout of the missions came to 335,893,768 credits. The total bounties came to 28,949,131 (which I maxed out by scanning before killing with a kill warrant scanner engineered for speed.)

    One down side: this only added 1% to my combat rank. The same collection of missions, but fought exclusively at level 4 combat signals, typically adds between 3-4% to my combat rank. But that also more than doubles the time it takes to manage those 69 kills. I am now just 8% points away from Elite in combat.

    And one caveat: once per week or so, Gliese 868 falls into a civil war, so each faction offers a bunch of missions against each other, all within the system. But they always and also offer missions in LP 932-12, just fewer "kill pirate" missions and more "assassinate X" missions.

    TLDR: solo massacre mission stacking is a good source of income at the right systems with the right build, provided you are willing to play the bully and beat up only the NPCs that are weaker than you! It take on NPCs more your own size, it's also a good way to build up combat rank.

    submitted by /u/Zeke_Wolf_BC
    [link] [comments]

    Killed my first ever thargoid, and don't worry I've already changed my build. 4 fixed multicannons, it was terrible to fight them ;=;

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 12:30 AM PST

    Wait for it

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 11:00 AM PST

    One evil red eye at the edge of the void. Approximately 300LY above Sagittarius A.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Betelgeuse... is huuuugggee

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 09:50 PM PST

    Finally got it!!!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 10:03 PM PST

    I'm ready for some exploring. I got the DBX up to 40ly jump range and an SRV! I'm just a space tourist for now. Gonna gather some cash with discoveries to buy a good war ship and build it up for bounty hunting.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 06:53 AM PST

    Nice.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 02:00 PM PST

    New trade route dropped

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 09:32 PM PST

    From the exact moment I hit Elite 1 combat rank I only killed Thargoid Scouts until Elite 2. It took almost 20,000 scouts at a rough average rate of 4,500 scouts per week amassing 1.7B credits. I accidentally hit a few AX allies, but hopefully my contribution to protecting humanity outweighs that!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 11:14 AM PST

    Man such an interesting picture.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 08:56 PM PST

    Guardian Technology as an SRV Launcher ... for Science™!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 01:01 PM PST

    Ah yes

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 01:03 AM PST

    Found this interesting system on the border of Ryker’s Hope and the Galactic Centre

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 02:38 AM PST

    I am a noob. I was playing around with eddb, saw that wine was the most valuable commodity, and crafted this route. Is this a good route? Has anyone done it? I know 5000 ly is a shitton, specially considering I'm currently piloting a hauler (12ly jump range) but 3000000 is also a lot of money.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Core mining seem as amazing as I've been lead to believe.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 02:20 AM PST

    o7 CMDRs. Newbie nere.

    After 40-ish hours of general screwing around, I made myself a nice little Asp Explorer core mining ship and headed to everyone's beloved GCRV 375 and taught myself to mine core asteroids. There were a few things to learn, for sure, but it's not rocket science. Ionic thruster science, perhaps. Anyway, I don't find it that difficult, but I'm definitely not pulling down hundreds of millions of credits per hour, either. More like a few million per hour.

    I did fine with the seismic charges; kept it in the optimal range, only having to deactivate one charge that was a bit too hot. I also hoovered up and refined all the pieces. My biggest issue seems to be quickly identifying core asteroids. If I'm right next to one, I can see the fissures easy enough with night vision, but these rocks seem quite rare. For research purposes, I prospected everything that glowed in the pulse wave scanner, and after 48 prospector limpets, only two were core asteroids. (I wouldn't waste limpets like this, but I wanted to make sure I was learning the appearance correctly.) I've seen all the tips about looking for bright ones that look like popcorn, or potatoes, or whatever other amorphous shape someone had in mind, but so far I'm very unreliable at id'ing them from afar.

    After some more mining, I ended my trip with (IIRC) 18 Benitoite and 15 Musgravite, which I sold for about 2.5M a few systems away. I was in a musgravite deposit (overlapping portion, I'm pretty sure). Road to riches paid better, which doesn't seem right at all.

    I'll be the first to admit I need to get a lot better at identifying the right asteroids from a distance, so I'll keep working on that of course. But even then, even if I found the next asteroid in 1/10th the time, I'd still be at least an order of magnitude from what others claim to earn. It's definitely not all about CR/h for me, but this far off the mark, I'm worried I'm missing a very big point. :-) Any pointers?

    submitted by /u/Lukahna
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment