• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 15, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ok Boomer

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 06:11 PM PST

    So there I was leaving Jameson Memorial in my maxed out Vette with G5 engineering to head back to Alcor and see if McD's had my shiny new 6A FSD. I threw the engines into full gear and boosted out the mail slot. A puny sidewinder made the mistake of being in the mail slot at the same time. - Boomer was his name - Boomer bounced off my Vette traveling at 378m/s max boosted speed like a bug bounces off an 18 Wheeler.

    Boomer died tragically in the mail slot

    $10k fine. Pfft I make that in a cobra mkiv kill in a CZ. Aand then the station, station police, and every single vessel within scan range open fires

    My corvette with almost 10k health in shields and armor practically evaporates like water touching the sun

    Rebuy screen

    Okay Boomer

    submitted by /u/Shot_Mammoth
    [link] [comments]

    "So... where do you want to go?" Me-

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 08:28 PM PST

    I’ve been playing for a few hours and with bounty kills I’ve reached 2.2 mill and I got an Eagle now what should I do next?Buy a new ship?Upgrade?All ideas are welcome

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 04:53 PM PST

    Mars high stunt

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 05:15 AM PST

    I am genuinely about to cry because of this game

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 03:55 PM PST

    I have spent the past 6 months working on trying to get an Anaconda since it has been my goal from the very beginning of the game, and I sold all my other ships to be able to buy one. I just took it out in a test flight and got ganked and I cannot afford the rebuy. Do I have to start the entire game from scratch again in a sidewinder everywhere I have seen says I lost my ship permanently and am just fucked what do I do? I am afraid to close the game because I don't want to lose the insurance screen and my anaconda

    Edit: thank you all for the offers to help. I have put up a support ticket to frontier to rewind my items back to me and am currently waiting on them. It has been about 30 minutes with no response, if I leave the insurance company screen with the anaconda and my items to play a different game in the meantime will the screen with rebuys go away in case frontier support only gives me credits to fix the situation?

    Edit 2: thanks to a nice CMDR who helped me out, I have my ship again. Thanks to yall who were offering to help with fleet carriers

    Edit 3: who decided to flag me to reddit's crisis hotline lol I was just super unhappy when I lost my ship because I spent so much time trying to get it but I am not gonna go insane over it also I might delete the post since it already reached enough people that somebody helped me and my phone can't handle the notifications

    submitted by /u/AwakenFall
    [link] [comments]

    This ad photo seems a little familiar. Can't quite put my finger in why.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 11:27 AM PST

    I was today years old when I realised I didn’t need to “scoop” fuel but could in fact “sunbathe”

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 07:08 AM PST

    Been playing years and I just always thought I had to scoop and go around the sun with movement when refuelling. Always resulted in some hairy moments as i'm atrocious and easily distracted.

    And today I just stopped my ship under the sun like a lizard sunbathing, and I got the same fuel as if I was moving.

    Had me thinking if anyone else has any "todays years old" type elite moments where you challenged what you always took as gospel from the very beginning since playing.

    submitted by /u/Midlife_Gamer_
    [link] [comments]

    I would trade the entirety of Odyssey for a "Request Docking" hotkey.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 04:17 PM PST

    Is that too much to ask?

    submitted by /u/-Badger2-
    [link] [comments]

    well… i was going to dismiss it anyway

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 10:02 PM PST

    Ad Astra

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 11:54 AM PST

    Docking computer going crazy

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 10:46 AM PST

    Settlement

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 01:32 PM PST

    CG come, CG Go. I got this thing. Now I just need my FSD so I can dart off into the black (or maybe I’ll hang out long enough to get some paint).

    Posted: 15 Jan 2022 12:32 AM PST

    My First Ever Mining Experience! I'm an Utter Disgrace to the Mining Community.. :(( But I Tried..

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 04:30 PM PST

    Hahaha, So I bought a Type-10.. I know the Cutter, Type-9, and Python are more ideal for this activity.. But I just love the Type-10..

    So, My ship isn't engineered.. And Im pretty sure my ship build could be tweaked by the people in this sub.

    But you'll laugh at my expense for 2 hours of mining.. Cause Its pretty sad..

    First, my home is set on I Sola Prospect.. So i just said fuck it. Lets head to this planet that has a icy ring. Shit was 50,000ls away.. Took almost a good 15 mins to actually come into distance to use the surface scanner..

    Shot my lil probe into the ring.. And there was only two hotspots.. One was low temp diamonds. The other was Alexandrite.. So I'm headed there and drop out of supercruise and start preparing my hardpoints.. I fire my prospecting limpet at the asteroid and it flew under it.. lolz.. Well atleast I have plenty more.. 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣.. Shot another one and forget you had to target it to show the contents on the damn rock.. Another epic fail on my part..

    So, I see that it has Bromellite at like 10% and some change.. So I said okay.. I have 7 mining lasers on the type 10.. And I had two collector modules. So I'm burning the rock down and there collecting and im like yea Im mining! I'm getting a lil familiar with the process. Head over to the next see what contents this one has.. Diamonds woohoo. So I didnt realize that the refinery basically refines the fragments into one piece once its reaches 100%.. And that was super disappointing.. Cause I thought i was getting 1 full piece.. I looked at the panel and i remember from the video i could ignore crap i didnt want.. So like water, some other shit idk what it was called.. And just stayed out there.. Well, I've made alot of mistakes so far.. But my biggest one out of 480t cargo hold I only bought 80 collector limpets.. 🤦‍♂️💩💩.. So screwed myself there.. Then what I did collect is the true bombshell of the worst mining operation ever in Elite Dangerous I'm sure.. Its on levels of just end your career as a CMDR now.. Cause your worthless buddy.. lmao..

    So I was out there for about 1 hour and half and these are my results..

    Low Temp Diamonds - 2, Bromellite - 10, Lithium Hydroxide - 6, Methanol Crystals - 2, and Tritium - 14..

    That's it.. Lolz.. I mean really.. I know it's my first time but damn that's some sad shit..

    I think I wanna just do loop trading for money.. Cause im shit at mining..

    So yea.. Figured I'd share my epic failure with the community.. ✌🤣🤣..

    submitted by /u/Eve_Of_The_End
    [link] [comments]

    Im curious, whats your play time?(ignore the exploration data this is just what ive done since 2020.)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 01:42 PM PST

    Well .. it had to happen some time..

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 11:36 PM PST

    A big THANK YOU to the Fuel Rats (https://fuelrats.com/) and especially CMDR homborger who came to rescue me when I managed to ran out of fuel one hop short of my destination!

    Also a big THANK YOU to AlgoSpatch who organised my rescue in IRC. :)

    submitted by /u/YukiEiriKun
    [link] [comments]

    Even on med settings with fancies down, the game looks amazing on my GTX 970

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 06:32 PM PST

    Jackpot

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 07:02 AM PST

    What's your Spotify playlist of choice while floating in space?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 11:05 PM PST

    I've been looking for an ambient playlist to aid me on my space missions. So far I've landed on "Floating through space". What's yours music of choice?

    submitted by /u/capsel22
    [link] [comments]

    The Electric Pickle

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 11:26 AM PST

    Community Goal showed me what I want out of Elite

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 02:41 PM PST

    Honestly I enjoy solo ventures into the black, but I also want community out of Elite outside of being ganked like that's the only contact I am allowed to have in this game XD. The community goal in the bubble was fine, got it done top 50 percent in a relatively short time. Then I hitched a ride with a Fleet Carrier, helping fill with fuel and cargo, then showed up in Colonia and finished the CG there top 75 percent with literally minutes remaining, thanks to a very amazing FC captain out there who had some leftover stock. All in all it was stressful but the moment it ended it was a huge relief, and what I got out of it the most is that I like doing these big things with other players. And unfortunately outside these big events I feel like that's lacking except maybe if you do a lot of stuff with a squadron or something. It was literally the most (and possibly only) fun I've had in a T9 lol. Cheers to y'all, hopefully get to do more of that sort of thing.

    submitted by /u/nunca_pasaran
    [link] [comments]

    Fancy ship on fancy station.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 05:00 AM PST

    TOP 1 in Colonia Bridge Project Phase Three - Colonia

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 03:26 PM PST

    TOP 1 in Colonia Bridge Project Phase Three - Colonia

    When the CG started, our entire squadron (AUVE) was in the bubble. The leadership decided to do crazy (at that moment very stupid) idea come true.

    We were supposed to send as much squadron fleet carriers as we can to Colonia. As the result we got 9 FCs (a lack of CG commodities in Colonia, so we had to bring them from the bubble) and 17 CMDRs helping CMDR Dobrowit to achieve TOP 10 in this CG.

    Something happened that we were not expecting.

    He got TOP 1. LOL

    Good luck and fly safe CMDRs o7,

    CMDR Patrick Schölovitz from Aurora Venatores

    CMDRs from AUVE at Jaques Station, Jan 14 3308, Colonia, Colorized

    submitted by /u/LAZY_AZY_RDDT
    [link] [comments]

    NVIDIA DLDSR and Elite dangerous. + AMD FSR.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 09:58 PM PST

    NVIDIA DLDSR and Elite dangerous. + AMD FSR.

    Hey guys. just reminding those of you with more recent GPU's about the addition of nvidias DLDSR in the latest driver.

    turn on DLDSR here.

    select the resolution in game.

    turning on AMD FSR 1.0 on ultra quality also seems to improve fps (definitely) / image quality ( IMO)
    by removing some more of those jagged shimmering things that the crappy ED antialiasing cant get rid of.

    getting 90-120 fps in jameson memorial at all ultra-SMAA / 3840x 2160

    120-180 in space.
    (3080)
    expect 20-30fps less for a 3070.
    perhaps dont go so high resolution on a lower card than that. (3060 etc)

    so far image smoothness doesnt seem to do much while the game is launched and i cant see any difference changing it and relaunching the game. but haven't really tested it much at all.

    if your a real masochist you can increase in-game super sampling as well to really nuke ur frame rates.

    anyone else tried DLDSR. what was your experience?

    submitted by /u/utkohoc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment