• Breaking News

    Monday, January 31, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    If FDEV wants us to enjoy Odyssey, they need to prioritize making those activities worthwhile and actually fix engineering.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:46 AM PST

    I will say that I felt in love with Odyssey's operation missions, sneaking a virus in or planning an industrial heist had me immersed in the game like never before. But there is a problem - whenever I'm doing these, I feel like I'm just wasting time I could spend on actual credit and material grinding.

    First of all, Odyssey's engineering is terrible. It just screams "Engineering 1.0" from Horizons. While the base game gives us various ways to collect materials for ships, Odyssey throws it out the window and the only way it gives to gather assets and goods is by repeatedly massacring poor settlements for few hours straight. And while assets are fairly simple to gather, goods and data are an absolute pain in the ass! Not only is the vast majority of them not even used in any of the blueprints but we also have no way to exchange them like assets. So here's what I think must be done:

    - Give us more ways to gather assets, goods and data that aren't focused around serial murder.

    - Remove non-engineering goods and data from mission reward pools.

    - Implement goods and data exchange/trading.

    And credit-wise, just increase the rewards so that they are actually worth the time we have to spend doing a single Odyssey mission, but that's not really that NEEDED unlike engineering.

    Rant over.

    Sincerely, Commander who has vietnam flashbacks from NPC screams.

    EDIT: Formatting fix

    submitted by /u/Vaye_the_Cat
    [link] [comments]

    Fdl overrated

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 11:24 PM PST

    After literal thousands of pirates, I finally made Elite in combat! I think I'm going to take a trip to Colonia now and clear my head

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:53 AM PST

    o7 From The Azura Initative! We have an announcement!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:15 AM PST

    Bought Biowaste for 40Cr, sold for 1050Cr in the same system. It's not much, but it's honest livin'. Ama!

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 09:25 AM PST

    When You Won the Battle But Lost the War

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:49 AM PST

    Is Elite Dangerous down?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 01:54 AM PST

    On PS4, my friends and I just lost connection, stuck at the Logging In screen. Anyone else getting this?

    submitted by /u/Clanbak3
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous: Server Turbulence [31/01/2022]

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 03:54 AM PST

    @EliteDangerous: "Greetings Commanders. All Elite Dangerous servers have been taken offline to resolve some reported issues. We will update you when this has been completed."

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:10 AM PST

    Why is the Background Simulation update so inconsistent?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:00 AM PST

    Seriously.

    The BGS is my current driver and focus, since everything else seems like just a useless grind and here you can have some goals with your own player faction.

    We currently fight wars in several systems and it makes the planning a bit hard, since right now we have to wait for the new tick to go through until everything we do counts for the next day. Two weeks ago, the time got pushed back several hours and none has happened today yet, 2h after the previous times.

    Looking at the timeline that was tracked by third party tools (https://elitebgs.app/tick which is usually relatively accurate) it seems like the times fluctuate and mess up time and time again. Exaple for the last 12 months: https://i.imgur.com/SkxRpXa.png

    Why is there no possibility for a fixed reset time, just like daily quests in other games? It is just annoying to be sitting there, checking when the results from the day before drop, without an actual system notifying you about it.

    submitted by /u/Caillend
    [link] [comments]

    Fears come true - Azimuth still alive and kicking

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 06:46 AM PST

    I havent played for 2 months and i dont know what this new Tab is, it would translate to Storage hall

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:26 AM PST

    Greetings Commanders! o7 Whilst hanging out in Reorte after the last Community Goal, I found myself in a nice little farming loop that netted me a bunch of Graphene, Power Regulators & Manufacturing Instructions. So I threw this little visual guide together to help share this method. Please enjoy...

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:12 AM PST

    ED Servers

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 03:12 AM PST

    Whats going on with the servers? Last night it was fine, was running missions without any issues, this morning though it took half an hour just to login, got my missions and headed for the next station, started handing my missions in and it was taking about 2 mins for each mission to go from choosing the rep reward to actually completing. Then it crashed saying network error, now I cant log back in. What changed over night?

    submitted by /u/Bikanoob
    [link] [comments]

    First stop on our expedition to Sag A* – Thor’s Eye!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 08:36 PM PST

    Need help with the basic combat training mission

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 03:54 AM PST

    I bought the game (with Odyssey) 2 days ago and I'm working my way through the training missions. At least, I'm trying to. I'm stuck at the basic ship combat. The first ship (without shields) that appears, I can kill. The second one (with shields) I can't. But, it's not even a competition. The ship is at least an order of magnitude faster and more agile then mine. Or I'm doing something very wrong.

    Every time I turn around, I can maybe shoot 3-4 times at it with the lasers and it's already behind me again. Or above. Or below. I've already died 4 times and I have no idea what to do.

    submitted by /u/DataAnarchy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment