• Breaking News

    Friday, January 28, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So much to see. So many places to go.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 09:46 PM PST

    patchnotes: „Midnight Black paint jobs were adjusted“

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 04:06 AM PST

    Waterworld (Fan Art)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 06:03 AM PST

    went to hutton orbital for a delivery contract. pain

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 07:35 AM PST

    I pooped a little...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 12:59 AM PST

    Imperial Cutter [Fanart] - 12 hour Drawing

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 06:17 AM PST

    Just had the most thrilling bit of emergent game play, and it was all trading!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 06:04 PM PST

    So there I was, doing some easy multi hops in my Millennium Falcon Krait Mk II, making extra credits while going through a backlog of systems with planets to map, when I happened to see something interesting on the commodity board. Tritium, being purchased by a fleet carrier, for 517,070 credits! Sounded to good to be true, but I could still turn a small profit in another system if it was a bust, so I loaded up 160 tons into the hold.

    Well, needless to say, it wasn't a bust. Dropped off the load and there was still another 3500 or so units in the buying order. Time to get serious I thought to myself, and transferred over the big cow at the next station. 740 tons of cargo with a shield, or go whole hog and risk it all for 788 tons? Of course I threw that shield in the trash, YOLO.

    Did two runs of that before noticing the order was filling faster than I was delivering. Another Commander had entered the fray, and the race was on for the last load.

    I knew this was going to be it, the last run, and didn't want to lose out on a last 365 million credit payday. This called for precision timing and crazy flying.

    I was on the edge of my seat, giddy with excitement while edging exclusion zones and popping heatsinks to charge up the FSD right next to the suns, dropping the throttle to blue at the absolute last moment to drop at the station, boosting through the mailslot at a blistering 280 meter per second in a shieldless, lumbering bovine, loading up the commodity menu and tapping my foot impatiently while everything took seemingly forever.

    Once back into the sale system, butterflies fluttering, I started the 10,000ls trip, hoping it wasn't going to be for nothing. Until, after several boring trips, the pirates finally noticed me and my paper thin hull. So I dropped, boosted, and ran, only taking a bit of hull damage. Then he found me again, 10ls from the carrier. Still managed to get away, but down to only 30% hull. A bit sweaty, but I was right next to it now, no way-

    This is one determined npc. Going nuts with the throttle, I just barely manged to drop out by the carrier at the very last second, with this elite pirate flying a Chieftain right on my tail. Not being sure if carriers behave like stations and keep you safe, I wasn't going to risk it and smashed that flight assist button off, spun like a podracer and threw out every heatsink on my ship. And then nearly killed myself trying to land while going way too fast, but hey, that would have been a funnier story.

    I'm now a cool 1.5 billion richer, and much closer to the goal of my own carrier. Huge thanks to Commander Dreamcrasher, Captain of The Dark Wheel HQ!

    submitted by /u/Obiehatestakennames
    [link] [comments]

    I had no idea that FDEv enabled insta-launch!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 03:44 PM PST

    PvE piracy needs ANY rework because currently it is pure pain to do

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 06:27 AM PST

    I would love to be a space pirate and, when I'm not trying to grind credits or materials I will actually play this playstyle a bit. Also please understand that it isn't just a "FDEV bad bad" post. I'm just trying to point out major problems with a feature I like.

    Unfortunately, whenever I do that I'm reminded of how much this game is still missing QoL-wise.

    - There is no real "trade routes" throughout the galaxy, so every time you interdict a ship/enter a convoy pattern or whatever else, you are just rolling dice. It's either the legendary agriculture LTD ship or a Bauxite trashcan (except its mostly the trashcans).

    - There is no actual way to halt a ship with destroyed engines. If you can't manage to stop it with small rams (good luck trying not to destroy it in the process), then you will have to follow this drifting husk with Collectors out, hoping you don't lose any cargo on the way.

    - For some reason, cargo hatches are untouchable 80% of the time. Now, I'm playing this game for 4 years and I never had any issue disabling power plants, drives, FSDs or other stuff. But cargo hatches? Onononono, no matter how pinpoint accurate you are, they just refuse to take any damage, even with SEEKER MISSILES.

    - Hatch breakers, honestly I only use them as a bandaid because of the immortal hatches. By themselves, these guys are slow, inefficient and drop laughable amount of cargo per shot.

    - No way to intimidate/negotiate with your targets. We should have an option to contact the ship we're targeting after dropping their shields and health enough, then intimidate them to stop and drop an amount of cargo. Now the chance for them to comply and the % of cargo they drop, could be increased by combat and trade ranks to make a use of actually grinding these. (Odyssey already has this system where you negotiate with a mission provider, with success depending on your rank and faction reputation, so yes FDEV knows how to do these C: )

    So yeah, that's it I just hope that someday piracy would get at least some changes.

    submitted by /u/Vaye_the_Cat
    [link] [comments]

    @EliteDangerous: "Greetings Commanders. The issues with Xbox players being unable to access Horizons content should now be resolved."

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 03:50 AM PST

    What

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 02:24 AM PST

    Flying off into the sunset...

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 12:57 AM PST

    HUD idea: Being able to pin synthesis blueprints, so these appear on top always. (Edited screenshot)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 11:50 AM PST

    Update on my blueprints for Krait mk2. Working on deck plans now. First variant, multipurpose, than explorer etc. This is work in progress not all is defined but I am getting there.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 05:27 PM PST

    hello cmdr

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 02:46 AM PST

    Betelgeuse Bubble Building Buyout!

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 04:35 AM PST

    Hello! I am a long time player of Elite, have had a carrier since day 1, etc etc. I remember when it took a long time to get money, I first got money rare trading from a sidewinder to a hauler and beyond. Anyway, I am buying many goods at Betelgeuse, for an initiative I am calling the Betelgeuse Bubble Initiative. Basically, I want to extend the bubble toward Betelgeuse with carriers, in an effort to make the Betelgeuse Bubble, with an independent economy and RP opportunities. So, to begin, I am buying many goods at 1000% of Market at Betelgeuse 4, XLZ-3XG Speaker For the Dead. Here is the Inara link

    https://inara.cz/station/232765/

    As you can see, I am buying many rare and common goods for max price. I am not selling Tritium, but perhaps that could be someone else's job ;) Feel free to message me and I will give you a discord link, I'm not sharing it publicly yet.

    I am equipped with a black market as well, buying:

    AI Relics Ancient Artefacts, Anomaly Particles, Antique Jewelry, Antiquities, Diplomatic Bags, Earth Relics, Experimental Chemicals, Fossil Remnants, Gene Banks, Occupied Escape Pods, Prohibited Research, Prototype Tech, Rare Artwork, and Scientific Research.

    BTW: I see in Inara and eddb that Canonn Gnosis Division is shown to control that, however I find no reference to that in game. Betelgeuse shows up as uncontrolled in the system map and factions list.

    submitted by /u/Talimar1
    [link] [comments]

    Got covid. Just riding it out with revisiting this game and mining to music.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 11:46 AM PST

    Her name is "Goon" and she's my newest baby in my family. I don't usually spring for the paint job, but the blue was to beautiful to pass up.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 11:28 AM PST

    It's been 84 years...

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 07:13 PM PST

    Does each part of the galaxy give you a different feeling?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 05:54 AM PST

    Assuming beagle point is "up"then left side of the galaxy gives me this happy feeling, full universe full of stars and things to discover. While the right side feels more scary, empty but also more mysterious and despite having 600 000 Ly travelled at the moment I still never went there

    Area between Sag A* and Beagle point feels like a combination of two.

    Going "down" towards Kepler's crest feels like an empty place, but not too far from inhabited space. Like an abandoned house on a city border.

    And galactic edges are just unsettling. When the sky full of stars slowly turns to this almost completely empty darkness and It's an eerie feeling. I'm glad I took my big ass Anaconda when I went there. It made me feel less alone and more comfortable being in a huge ship.

    Special mention: Area around Barnard's loop and especially Horsehead nebula gives me this feel of something alien just lurking around and watching me. I love that feeling though.

    It's hard to describe really, but does anyone else experience something similar?

    submitted by /u/_Coldey_
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to plot a course to Sibianoe and surrounding stars

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 05:55 AM PST

    Terrifying but beautiful

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 12:24 PM PST

    What type of ship do you want to be added into the game?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 07:42 PM PST

    Greeting commanders o7! it is i, the great and magnificent brokenhalosc012. Okay maybe not great or magnificent im pretty average to be honest. But that doesnt mean the ships i fly arent top of the line custom engineered to make the booms pretty!

    And so today i come to you folks for a question what kind of ship/modules/equipment would you bring to the game?

    Me personally drone carriers!

    Here is how my drone carriers would work in theory.

    Drone carrier class ships are exclusively large ships the have very few hardpoints anywhere from 2 to 4 imo. And none of them can equip large or huge weaponry.

    Instead much in the same vein as the suader kruger line of dolphin orca and beluga. You now have a new optional internal known as a drone hanger.

    Drone hangers come in 2 different classes support and offense.

    The support class drones would be able to repair hull and repair any broken modules upto 25%. The drones when not engaged in any repairs will regen your sheilds slowly. It will be faster than normal but nit as fast as a shield bank. Drones will prioritize wing mates first and foremost or your slf partner.

    The offensive drone will come in 3 flavours kinetic thermal and explosive.

    Kinetic drones are given multi cannons that are slightly weaker than small multis. However the size and targetability of the swarm will give it a somewhat better advantage than the other swarms. Its swarm size would be medium anywhere from 6 to 12 drones depending on the grade of the hanger.

    Thermal drones will use beams and are the largest of the bunch while also dealing tecnicly per drone the least damage. Thermal drones have the highest accuracy but are prone to over heating so while the kinetic is sustained the beams are more pulse based. There swarms are anywhere from 12 to 18 drones.

    Explosive drones are the smallest but highest dealing damage of all the drones. These drones fire missiles that travel at high speeds and deal lots of damage. It should be noted that these drones still do less damage than a normal dumbfire. However these missiles have slight tracking if it misses it will miss but it should help make sure some missiles hit more. These drones range from 3 to 6 in size.

    The smallest hanger a size 4. Can hold up to 2 drones. (It should be noted you either pick support or combat)

    The largest size is a size 8 and it can hold up to 6.

    Drone hangers are incredibly heavy and costly. They can also not be engineered.

    While normally the drones are stronger than base counterpart turrets each drone deployed will heat the ship up.

    It should be noted that point defence can protect you from drones as well as ecms and chaff. Being cold however wont protect you if your already been targeted.

    Drones only last 10 to 20 minutes before expiring and requiring another to be launched. You only get five per bay so a size 8 will give you 30 total uses.

    Drones have a limited range of 3000.

    Drones are susceptible to missiles torpedos and mines.

    Drones will prioritize your marked target.

    Drones cannot target modules but will damage them if there naturally hit.

    Well thats all i have what do you think?

    submitted by /u/BrokenHaloSC0
    [link] [comments]

    Colonia Bridge Part III Station Names revealed!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 07:43 AM PST

    Advice on Corvette PVE build

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 02:42 AM PST

    Hey all,

    This is my current Corvette build: https://s.orbis.zone/i253

    The idea is lasers to strip shields, switching to multis when I'm down to their hull. In practice what happens is I spend 5 minutes circling and sniping shields, then when their shields are down the lasers seem to be just as effective, or more, in finishing them which usually takes 20 seconds. I feel like my huge slots are both spent on weapons I use for just a tiny part of the fight, and I'm wondering if there's a better way to set this up? Just go all lasers? Or put something more interesting in the huge slots like missiles? I'm not a good enough pilot for fixed weapons to be useful.

    submitted by /u/muffin80r
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment