• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 8, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous: Console Hotfix plans and Light Catch Up.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 03:34 AM PST

    I was at CG and someone said if anyone could photoshop the MCDonalds logo in the station, i did it. Thanks for the idea random cmdr o7

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 03:35 AM PST

    Happy new year humanoids!!!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 07:23 PM PST

    Federal Navy? More like Bri'ish Navy

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 09:12 AM PST

    Do it for Dale.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 12:39 AM PST

    The most annoying thing in all of Elite Dangerous:

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 07:34 PM PST

    Taking a break from the CG to bask in Alcor

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:07 PM PST

    More please

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 11:16 PM PST

    Is it normal not to get any fuel while scooping this long?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 09:20 PM PST

    After a 4 day expedition, I finally completed the single most important goal of my Elite Dangerous career.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:47 PM PST

    i'm in love with this game

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 07:06 PM PST

    i'm in love with this game

    As a new player i'd like to share my experiences with you because whenever i play this game i get too excited, none of my friends play it and i never get to tell anyone what i've experienced. I played ED in 2019 for a couple days, then got bored and deleted the game. A week ago out of nowhere something reminded me of this game and i got back. And since then i've become almost obsessed with this game. Yesterday when i was trying to get my guardian frame shift drive booster i was going to a system with Thargoid invasion. I think i had a Guardian Relic in my inventory, or something related with Guardians. I didn't know the relationship between Thargoids and Guardians so i didn't think anything would happen. I'd just go to the station, trade my materials for Chrystals and find a tech broker to finally get my drive booster. As i was jumping to the system with Thargoid invasion, one of them interrupted me. The thing launched something like an EMP and all my systems went off. It scanned me and started to make terrifying noises. I was just standing there, all my systems down, helpless and scared. I think that was my most terrifying experience in gaming. I literally screamed when i saw that thing. A couple seconds later my systems went online and i made the fastest jump i've ever done in my life. Never seen a Thargoid since then. Now i'm mostly exploring the galaxy while travelling to Colonia. The idea of creating a second bubble interests me and i really want to be a part of it.

    Even though i absolutely love this game there are only two thing that bother me. First is the unending engineering grind. I've probably spend one of my days just to fully engineer my fsd which felt pretty underwhelming for an immersive game like this. And the second is Odyssey. Only if i could walk in my ship and didn't have performance issues, then i'd give this game a solid 10/10.

    TLDR;

    this game is awesome

    https://preview.redd.it/fbaj3vgsoda81.png?width=1301&format=png&auto=webp&s=647c9b721189dd1aebdb536dbaecd43f49d23363

    submitted by /u/KeithFand
    [link] [comments]

    Friday game: name your irl vehicle and let others say what Elite Dangerous ship it would be

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:47 AM PST

    As title. I often wonder what kind of irl cars, trucks and vehicles the ED ships are the equivalent to and thought this would be a bit of fun while we're all space trucking. I also love cars so it might be a good way to learn about other makes and models!

    I'll kick it off: BMW 1-Series M-Sport.

    submitted by /u/Short-Shopping3197
    [link] [comments]

    Clearer clip of a Bullet Mollusc and their effect: NGC 3199 Sector EB-X c1-6

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 04:48 PM PST

    What COVAS Do You Use?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 01:45 PM PST

    I use Leo. I love his general annoyed/unenthusiastic voice. I get heavy Marvin the Paranoid Android vibes from him.. The way he says "Frame Shift Drive Charging" sounds like he's saying "Sigh, I guess. If I have to."

    submitted by /u/Molten_chutney
    [link] [comments]

    My mate somehow dismissed his ship while deploying his rover any idea how this happened?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 04:14 PM PST

    CG 75% is leaving small/noob ships out

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 03:17 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I don't exactly know how Community Goals are calculated but I'm becoming concerned about noob chances to meet this CG.

    As far as I can see, if we're over the minimum 75% we can and should stop bring stuff in. Otherwise, we're only pushing that minimum mark up higher. The 75% minimum is already over 1500 tons and that's a huge amount for a small/noob ship. If you have a large enough ship to bring large quantities of commodities in, you don't really need the reward money.

    Does the number of cmdrs signed up for the CG affect the reward percentage or is this purely about total commodities delivered? Just wondering if we should campaign to get everyone signed up even if they don't bring anything in.

    It sounds like noobs will need a whole lot of help to reach the bare minimum for the FSDs. I'll be filling my carrier somewhere and try to fight my way into the system to give noobs a chance.

    If you are a carrier owner and are done unloading it, PLEASE, move it out of Alcor to let trucking carriers near MacDonald station.

    Any suggestions are welcome.

    submitted by /u/JR2502
    [link] [comments]

    oblivion npc - ELITE dangerous ODYSSEY edition premium deluxe

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 10:39 PM PST

    I am a Longtime Traveller

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 11:20 PM PST

    Slightly Different Co-Pilot

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 11:02 AM PST

    wrong side landing

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 12:13 AM PST

    Never in my life have I been so excited to see a bunch of metal floating in space... Love this game

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 07:34 AM PST

    Community Goal (CG) is GOOD for all players, even new. Take part and receive a reward.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 07:11 AM PST

    If you have a small ship, if you never leave the bubble, if you just started playing, you can all equally receive a reward and can help others a lot.

    Just joining the event at the moment will bring you 400k, and most likely about 2 million in the end CG. You can bring cargo once in any volume. Even 2 tons.

    Plus, this will help you to get an award for those who bring more cargo, since the more participants in the event, the easier it is to be among those who are better than 25% of all other participants. You just buy as many as you can CERAMIC COMPOSITES (https://inara.cz/commodity/100/457/) or COMPUTER COMPONENTS. (https://inara.cz/commodity/67/457/) anywhere you want, fly to Alcor, FIRST REGISTER for the CG, and then sell the cargo. Thats all - basic task completed. But remember to register in CG BEFORE sell the cargo. You can find CG it in the Missions tab on Alcor.

    If you already have an engineered FSD and you think that the event will end because of other players tomorrow, you should know - IT WILL NOT END. Tier 6 was added to this CG - 1,000,000,000 tons. This is unrealistic to fulfill and you can comfortably trade until the end of the event, it is not worthwhile to collect a billion. But the awards will be given after Tier 5 and this is about 200kk tons.

    When we done in Bubble I will fill carrier and go to the Colony to help them.

    submitted by /u/cmdr-realzonder
    [link] [comments]

    We don't need to hit 1 billion in Community Goal, only ~200kk of goods. It's real to achive.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2022 11:41 PM PST

    Thargoid "feeding" off barnacle.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2022 03:32 AM PST

    Stellar Phenomena at the Western Meridian

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 04:42 AM PST

    What is this ship in front of me?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2022 02:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment