• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 12, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Dangerous: Horizons Hotfix | 11.01.2022 | For PC & Console Notes

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 03:17 AM PST

    James Webb Telescope comes online and first image it transmits is this, what you doing?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:34 AM PST

    Visualizing the "optical" zoom that Elite incorporated into their camera suite. It imitates the compression of space that you would see in the different focal lengths of real-life lenses.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 09:17 PM PST

    Alcor Pirate, I'm proud of you.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 07:27 PM PST

    My phat boy (t9) was successfully interdicted by an intrepid pirating Commander. They ordered me to power down and send them 20 tons of sweet loot, or die to their cannons.

    I, of course, complied and they sent me on my way. I then shed a single, beautiful tear for finally meeting a worthy pirate.

    o7 Pirate, o7

    submitted by /u/LiveWeyer
    [link] [comments]

    Worth every penny (arx)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 05:34 AM PST

    How many ships are in your personal fleet? Do they all have jobs or roles to you? Which one is your favorite and why is it the Cobra Mk III?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 06:11 AM PST

    got me an anaconda, feeling pretty good!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:48 AM PST

    The lighting in this game is truly incredible

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 07:19 PM PST

    Shoutout to my thargoid homie who hyperdicted me while I was out in witchhead hunting other thargoids and getting screens- I mean, gathering exploration data

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:27 PM PST

    Only 20 million tons to go, c'mon, people, we can do it - LET'S HAUL!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 12:04 PM PST

    Inbound to Jaques, first time out here and it has been wonderful

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:24 PM PST

    o7 commanders i have a question for the gankers.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 07:08 AM PST

    I have to know if it makes you feel good to blow up other commanders with low or no combat ranking? I mean. I know there is endless rp opportunities and i like to fly in open accepting the dangers. But Its not fun for pilots to get murdered over and over and over... Sometimes by the same exact person. That is some pure little dick energy and fairly sadistic.

    Anyways. I usually get a little pressed because its expensive to keep exploding. I accept you have guns and want to use them. But how much fun is it to sit out there snag a helpless ranked cmdr and blast them out of the sky? Do yall actually sit there and enjoy it. Is it challenging to pull a t9 out of their sc, blow em up, and then offer an excuse like "oh sorry i didnt realise you had cargo." As tho that would have changed a goddamn thing... I mean come on... I don't even know how an fsd interdictor works. Is it random? Do you activate it and it snags a ship... No you have to select a ship... And by the time they get pulled to you I have to assume you have them locked and weapons firing the whole time thinking " wow. This combat novice is a real challenge in his oversized space brick with 0 weapons and the turning radius of a small sun. I wonder if I should go murder a box of kittens after this. Gosh jee... Murdering helpless things really gives me a raging hard on..."

    Anyways. See yall in space...o7

    submitted by /u/ibecheshirecat86
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever time playing this game on PS5 & so far I do dig this game

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 05:23 PM PST

    This was a first for me, didn't realize how insanely hot these are, and got way too close but survived it. This game is gorgeous and the community is awesome, only been playing for total of maybe 20 hours (10 of actually knowing what I'm doing).

    Posted: 12 Jan 2022 01:22 AM PST

    First time going exploring, finally got through the permit locks!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 05:51 PM PST

    What was your biggest fail in Elite?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 03:28 PM PST

    My:

    1. I supercruised to Hutton Orbital on my Cutter.

    2. Tried to jump to the Colonia on my carrier without enough tritium, because thought that lot of tritium was being sold in Colonia Bridge megaships. After 6x500ly, I realized that must turn back.

    3. Tried to land on planet and forgot to look at gravitation level. So my 2 week exploration data were crashed by 5g.

    submitted by /u/cmdr-realzonder
    [link] [comments]

    First time getting my canopy busted, that's a thing, I got 25mins to take on TWO ANACONDAS' I'm already fighting. They were near death anyway (shout out to the police), unfortunately, I didn't get credit for the first kill and the second ran... :(

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 03:10 PM PST

    Finally made it to Sagittarius A for the first time this past weekend. Odyssey made it a much more breathtaking experience

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 11:44 AM PST

    Servers having issues?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:58 PM PST

    I'm based in TX and noticed the game crashing (which it almost NEVER does) and connection issues.

    Is anyone else also getting this?

    submitted by /u/Asteroth555
    [link] [comments]

    Scarlet Krait and Unable to Connect issues. Anyone else?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:57 PM PST

    Not much to say, just can't play right now.

    submitted by /u/DangerPencil
    [link] [comments]

    Found a giant scar on a planet?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 11:58 AM PST

    Opinion/Suggestion: Idle carriers should be forced out of high traffic system after an idle timer

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 11:05 AM PST

    Does anyone else feel this way? Obviously I'm saying this as someone who has tried ~100 times to get my carrier into Alcor so there is an element of selfishness to it, but at the same time I'd have absolutely 0 problem in getting kicked out of a system if I hadn't logged in for even a little bit. To an extent I think this should really only apply to GC systems, and not necessarily all systems, but at the same time on a long enough time scale as carrier ownership creeps upwards more and more systems will become less usable. Maybe there can be a tiering approach?

    • Standard system that isn't part of a community goal: everyone is completely free to stay there forever, as far as anyone is concerned. However, if a system is full and someone tries to make a carrier warp in request, then the carrier that belongs to the account which has been idle the longest (no log ins) gets a day to log back in; otherwise it is moved out to the closest applicable nearby system (which in the bubble is basically almost always less than 10 ly away anyway)
    • If a system gets tagged for a GC, then the same rules as above but amplified. If a system is full and someone makes a request, then the most idle carrier needs to log in within maybe half or even a quarter of a day or else get warped out to the nearest applicable system. That timing seems a little bit aggressive but at the same time these types of goals are only around for a week, and sometimes even less. I feel like there maybe needs to be another timer that tracks all carriers by default and if anyone hasn't logged in for say a day, regardless of any other outside-of-system requests, they get taxi'd out too

    Obviously this sounds like me complaining about the current situation in Alcor, and I'll concede that it 100% is, but I feel like something like the suggestions above can help facilitate a healthy flow of carriers, trade, and opportunities during community goals. Plus, it would apply to me too, and I'd be happy to get moved out if I'm not contributing/actively participating in something.

    The one other thing I feel like the system absolutely needs is a carrier route planner that jumps automatically after cooldowns and a warp in queue, so that if multiple people are moving their carriers into a system a line is set up and they get warped in accordingly when space frees up.

    I'm kinda hoping some of this stuff is in the back of dev minds to coincide with the carrier interiors, but maybe adding visibility to potential system improvements can help as well. While I'm magically wishlisting stuff, I'd love different carrier setups too (exploration carrier, 50% of your cargo is gone but your tritium fuel tank takes up all that space/afk loading of tritium from carrier inventory into fuel tank without needing a hauler alt, etc). Does anyone else have ideas or suggestions on how to improve the system?

    submitted by /u/AssGremlin
    [link] [comments]

    Great place for a barbecue! 5/5

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 07:12 PM PST

    Was this nerf really necessary, I used to get upward of $40m for 20-30 ships, now I have to put in 3x th work for half the reward, when will FDev stop breaking shit

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 03:39 PM PST

    Lag after update

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:56 PM PST

    Anyone else getting lag when landing at settlements or exiting supercruise at stations after the update? Trying to continue with the CG but something is up at least for me. Have already lost a ship due to disconnect when landing on a planet, still had to rebuy. Right now, when buying items, it took 12 seconds between hitting buy, to them actually entering my cargo.

    submitted by /u/shocknutz
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone happen to know the Gutamaya support number? My Clipper broke reality.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 12:32 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment