• Breaking News

    Monday, February 7, 2022

    Elite Dangerous At least you tried

    Elite Dangerous At least you tried


    At least you tried

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:25 AM PST

    Illuminati in ED?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:28 AM PST

    To Beagle and Back: Update

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:43 AM PST

    The challenge: Without losing the Pilots Federation District permit & sourcing all equipment from Mawson Dock, travel to Beagle Point and back. Becoming the only Elite CMDR in the Noobula.

    After a small set back when given the realization that I'd need no less than 58 FSD Injections, I am now fully stocked with the materials I need. Plus a good cushion for any miss steps along the way.

    The first leg of my trip: Catspaw Nebula. A meer 5.4klys away is plotted to take 354 jumps. Although my Hauler, "NooBrix", has only one seat, I'm sure SpaceMaddness will find a comfortable place next to me.

    o7

    submitted by /u/EldredBrix
    [link] [comments]

    Ship-launched fighters and exploration

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 04:08 AM PST

    There are a few changes which could be made to ship-launched fighters which would be amazing. Wanted to float them here and get a sense of what people think.

    1. Let us land and disembark from them. This would be perfect for exobiology — scout out the locations of patches of plants from the air, set down, hop out, scan it, and rapidly dart off to the next one. Frankly it would almost entirely defeat the purpose of bringing along SRVs outside of certain surface sites and combat zones where an SLF would be too fragile to survive for long. Instead of hunting around for a site to set down your Anaconda and jostling along rough terrain playing around in freecam to scout for anything, hop and boost from site to site — even the ones in otherwise inaccessible crevices.

    2. Add a cargo scoop. Even if there is no cargo bay, per se, I'd prefer using an SLF at signal sources to gather engineering materials over using collector limpets for large ships. Could perhaps add an SLF which is more of a shuttle than a fighter with limited cargo capacity. That in turn leads us to…

    3. Allow SLFs to dock at small landing pads, or a smaller category entirely (mailslot in outposts like the one seen at Hutton Orbital). Need to exchange a mere four tons of cargo or pop in to Pioneer Supplies but no large landing pads are available? Now there's a solution - bring your shuttle in to dock.

    4. Add a data scanner. Fighters have a composition scanner, which is neat for zipping around stellar phenomena. This can be used on organics on planet surfaces as well, but we can't scan data points on generation ships or megaships while darting around narrow gaps, which would be a lot of fun.

    Just some thoughts on a feature of the game that could see some love.

    submitted by /u/KHaskins77
    [link] [comments]

    New Beagle Point record

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 06:29 AM PST

    Awesome race by Cmdr JJGoldberg, who took my old record down from 4h 18m 53s to 3h 55m 30s, so he is the very first commander reaching Beagle Point in under 4 hours! The new FSD is a gamechanger for long distance racing.

    Congratulations Commander, well earned record!

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/65000-ly-from-sol-club-thread-the-fourth.428259/post-9732496

    submitted by /u/czek
    [link] [comments]

    What would you do next?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 04:38 AM PST

    I picked up ED in the December-January Steam sale. I don't mind Odyssey and it does have its issues but have been in Solo for most of the 540-ish hours I've put in learning lots of bits of the game. Got 2 DBXs in different parts of the bubble fitted for PvE, a Courier, a Cobra MK III fitted for PvE, an FDL for PvE, and an AspX for baby cargo runs. Currently sitting at ~105M Cr and I haven't touched Engineering or Guardian tech. Thinking about a Phantom for exploration or flipping a DBX for that since I have 2.

    I'm not sure what I should do next and would welcome some advice from the experienced CMDRs here. Also, I'm just guessing here, but it seems that the majority of the community plays on Horizons more than Odyssey so if I went Open, the switch would be advised? Thank you CMDRs, o7

    submitted by /u/DigitalCorpus
    [link] [comments]

    Are some settlements just impossible to approach without setting off alarms?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 04:43 AM PST

    I decided to try my first on foot assassination mission and the first time I naively tried to land my ship too close to the settlement and set off the alarms and was attacked. So I did another run where I landed my ship outside of the trespass zone and approached the settlement on foot in the dark. As soon as I entered the trespass zone I started getting fined. Then before I was anywhere near the base alarms were already going off and drones were flying around trying to find me.

    I just got done watching a series of videos covering stealth in Elite Dangerous and infiltrating settlements but they never talked about approaching the settlement but just how to sneak around once you're in. Am I doing something wrong or are some settlements just impossible to approach without setting off alarms?

    submitted by /u/Brad12d3
    [link] [comments]

    The last "Elite Dangerous Community Schedule" was on 13 December 2021

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 07:28 AM PST

    Have they been cancelled? If they've been cancelled I'd appreciate a quick statement from the CM team saying so, or saying when they will resume.

    submitted by /u/Eastern_Geologist188
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend combat ships?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 03:44 AM PST

    I'm fairly new to this but I can fly a ship without hitting the sun.

    I've found being a bounty hunter is a good way to earn money but I've been stuck with my Viper mk2. Is there any good/decent combat oriented crafts? (Preferably medium). My goal is to buy the Anaconda.

    submitted by /u/FakeEnglishmen47
    [link] [comments]

    Rebuy ships while in SRV?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 07:32 AM PST

    Can you rebuy your ship if it's destroyed while you're away from the ship (i.e. on-foot or in SRV)?

    I was doing my reactivation mission and sidetracked a bit. Y'know, it's free real estate goods and assets for the taking. Until....

    "Warning: Ship under attack"

    Fortunately, I managed to finish off all the 6 scavengers shooting my ship before my ship exploded (or "'ship's hull reaches 0%", if that's easier for you to understand)

    submitted by /u/RealOfficialTurf
    [link] [comments]

    Galnet news - Arissa staying frosty

    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 05:01 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment