• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 9, 2022

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020Odyssey

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that you can black out and lose control from g-forces.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:20 PM PST

    i think this game hates me...........

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 01:05 AM PST

    Truly misunderstood creatures

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 02:12 PM PST

    Rescuer/medic decal for player faction in game (concept)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 02:01 PM PST

    Ganked after decades long exploration run

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 12:51 PM PST

    So I was just wrapping up a 19 year long exploration run in solo (over 9000 systems mapped) and got the urge to go into open mode on my last jump back to my home system to wave to any CMDR's I may find. Well needless to say there was a player waiting for me and managed to blow me up. I lost all my data (14 Quadrillion credits roughly). I immediately uninstalled the game.

    Now, a day after the incident, I'm planning on starting the expedition again in solo mode, but how can I avoid getting ganked again in open but only on my last jump back to my home system? Why open mode only on the last jump: I don't want to sacrifice my option to have the chance to wave to a CMDR. o7

    submitted by /u/i_vector
    [link] [comments]

    Last trip before Colonia

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 04:47 PM PST

    Lunatic wants a 20k light year deviation during a Robigo run.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:07 AM PST

    Calm down! Nobody chasing you! Really?! Oh...

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 04:35 AM PST

    ... ... ... "I'm Space Batman"

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:05 AM PST

    Does anyone know what the little yellow flag on this iconic star port icon means?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 05:20 PM PST

    Last rock of a 120,000,000 credit day in Colonia

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:32 PM PST

    Space madness rising after 7k jumps

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:27 PM PST

    Just NLTT 15714 B 1 being fabulous

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 04:16 AM PST

    What did I find? Artificial structure HIP 12099 1 B.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:57 PM PST

    Coalsack looks like a hole in space.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 05:16 PM PST

    Holy Flaming Mamba Batman! (from a screenshot by Cmdr ShrubRocketeer)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:11 PM PST

    OMG - what the heck did I just walk in to!?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:56 PM PST

    OMG - what the heck did I just walk in to!?

    Decided to snoop around California Nebula. Obviously i'm not the first to trapes through here - but.. WHOAH is there ever a lot of thargoids out here. Doesn't matter which system I go to in/around the nebula, there are thargoids in all of them. Some have more than 70 Nonhuman signal sources in them. Is this crazy? or is this a new normal I wasn't aware of?

    https://preview.redd.it/p01lkcr3log81.png?width=1180&format=png&auto=webp&s=b9e2ae0ee3f5f8d9db711259f0f2a357c5946e84

    submitted by /u/Jaguarious
    [link] [comments]

    I really like Odyssey!

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 12:53 PM PST

    I'm completely out of the loop of a lot of the negativity, so somebody will have to fill me in.
    I came back after over 2 years away from the game, and bought Odyssey because i really wanted to get that sense of scale, expecting a bad time otherwise. I didn't, and I've been having an absolute blast with it. perhaps it compliments my play style; hopping between systems in my little MR equipped courier, exploring planets and taking out odd missions at a whim. The only real negative i have encountered is just really poor performance on my 1070, often dipping into the mid 40s.
    What's the big deal? Did i miss something big?

    submitted by /u/PixHammer_
    [link] [comments]

    Oh. My. God. VR RULES in this game

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:32 AM PST

    Ok so I finally hooked up my vr again for this games and it runs so smoothly. After I get my vr setup for this game I got my hotas connected again and for the life of me I can't figure out why I didn't do this sooner. Like how could I not do this sooner? I got stuck just LOOKING at the inside of a space station for a freaking hour, it's gorgeous! I felt tiny but seeing everything like that was amazing!

    submitted by /u/TwilightPhotography
    [link] [comments]

    Too many small jumps. FSD Blues

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 08:38 PM PST

    I've only started playing Elite Dangerous quite a lot recently, although I've had the game for two years. Lately it's been frustrating me no end that my FSD, capable of almost 20 light year jumps at a time, will hop me 30 times at 2-6 light years instead of fewer, larger, jumps. Is there a way to change that in settings somehow?

    submitted by /u/MrTPower
    [link] [comments]

    I know this is self promotion and all but I just wanted to share something I made which took about a year to write, film, voice record and edit. So if you watch it I hope you enjoy :)

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 06:08 PM PST

    Found a mug press at work, knew what my first project would be.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 10:14 AM PST

    RIP Douglas Trumbull, and the Visual Design of ED

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 01:03 PM PST

    edit uhhh sorry about that title, i didn't mean to imply "RIP visual design of ED"

    I've sometimes thought that ED is sort of like "Douglas Trumbull: the Game", what with the designs of the stations and megaships. I mean, without Trumbull (and Kubrick, and J. Strauss), we wouldn't have our whole autodock sequence!

    Now Trumbull has gone to be with Kubrick and Strauss.

    Anyways, this made me think about various design references in ED, how some visual ideas seem to trace clearly back to some classic sci fi media. These are what come to mind for me - any others?

    Orbis station (& the whole 'mailslot' concept): Space Station V [2001: A Space Odyssey]

    Megaship design features: Douglas Trumbull (Discovery 1 from 2001, Valley Forge from Silent Running - including those nonsensical outward-facing biodomes)

    Trumbull also had a lot to do with the now-ubiquitous (in ED and everywhere else) neon-industrial-cyberpunk aesthetic of Blade Runner.

    Other random things I always notice, but wonder how true they are:

    • Eagle: Klingon Bird of Prey (?) (or too generic, with the forward-swept wings? i mean, it comes in green)
    • Eagle engine sound: TIE fighter [Star Wars - pretty obvious]
    • Fleet Carrier bridge external design: Space Battleship Yamato [obv? lots of battleship/carrier bridges sort of look like the FC bridge, but the Yamato looks exactly like it]
    • Krait mk2 aesthetic: Millennium Falcon
    submitted by /u/aggasalk
    [link] [comments]

    I dubbed that plant type "Frustrexa". Grows in the ragged mountains, impossible to spot from air. Spent 2 hours flying around on this planet's neighbor searching for it, gave up. Spent 30 minutes on this planet, decided to land in a random spot in the mountains, stepped out to find it immediately.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:48 AM PST

    Gonna buy my first big ship: What do I need to consider?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 12:00 PM PST

    I'm settled on buying the Corvette, I have the ranks and it suits my playstyle (I like shooting things.)

    However, I've been flying an Imperial Courier ever since I could get my hands on one, so I've never had to think much about buying big, expensive ships. My question is mostly in regards to like, how much money do I need saved up beyond the actual cost for the ship, what is the rebuy cost, what will I need to pay for upgrading its stuff, what is essential etc.

    Further, I'd appreciate it if there are any other considerations I'm unlikely to have thought off that you come up with, like how it handles, how common are big landing pads etc

    submitted by /u/JudasBrutusson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment