• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 28, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 28, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 28, 2019)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Had to stop and make some repairs on the way to the soul nebula.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Abel Laboratory: unfortunately, I forgot the Prof. Palin office number...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    Well sh*t

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    The Great Divide

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    I love the Krait MkII

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:22 AM PDT

    I need new coordinates to see things unseen be many. Please share your favorite with me. Looking for reasons to keep wandering the galaxy. Currently I’m at the Lagoon Nebula

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Just a screenshot I took that I think looks cool

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    Better dead than fed

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    PRAISE OUR MIGHTY THARGOID SAVIORS WITH OFFERINGS OF GAUSS! PRAISE THEM AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    One of the scariest experiences of Elite I’ve had

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:08 AM PDT

    Surprisingly, it wasn't the fact that I'd been interdicted by 3 thargoids at once. It was unsettling and a beautiful moment of game design, but I wasn't in too much fear. No, I was the most anxious and fearful when I was driving my SRV around, looking for mats. I took a jump over a sizeable cliff, and the utter panic of crashing filled me, just as powerful as when I was about to crash while skiing in real life.

    This game managed to immerse me so well I felt the fall and panicked accordingly, even though I was sitting in my home, staring at a screen.

    submitted by /u/Theren5534
    [link] [comments]

    "Fuel scooping complete."

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:16 AM PDT

    Startrails over the Chasms of Ariel

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    Corvette PVE build

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    Server connection issues?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I'm stuck at signing in after the ED logo.

    submitted by /u/EndoFury
    [link] [comments]

    Dance of Death

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    A not-so cool Red Dwarf.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    Missing paintjobs are back in store

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:04 PM PDT

    First Screenshot. Arriving at Thornycroft Terminal in my Python. This game makes for some serious moments.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:54 PM PDT

    Time to clap some thargoids

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    Decided to start mining. Of course, I'll treat it with all the class and dignity such a noble profession deserves.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 11:42 PM PDT

    Dat curve tho

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    TLDR: IMO, Elite is better than Star Citizen.

    So I recently pulled the trigger and purchased Star Citizen to play on days I was burned out by Elite. I've played about 10 hours so far, and while I realize that's not much, it was ample time to realize one very important fact :

    I'm spoiled.

    Elite has spoiled me. With its flight model, its user friendly interface, its gorgeous graphics that require very little resources, its combining multiple in-world services into a few screens spaced closely together.

    After 10 hours of Star Citizen, I jumped back into Elite and instantly felt at home. The lack of space legs actually felt tremendously effecient, as i was able to accomplish mundane tasks without leaving the ship AND in record time.

    Elites ship controls feel so much more native and responsive, even after adjusting everything in Star Citizen to my liking. I tried m+kb and HOTAS in both, and Elite felt much more responsive, easy to map, less over-zealous with the execution of my inputs, and overall faster.

    The world design feels more limited in Star Citizen. While they do have city planets, they feel empty and lifeless. The ability to take a tram from one part to the next is a fun novelty with great views, but ultimately feels like a waste of time.

    If I'm the commander of a star ship, the last thing I want to do is cart myself around trying to find that one store that sells the item I want. Elites system of full station access from a single, treed menu is a priceless commodity to the space faring entrepreneur and will always beat out spending my valuable time sprinting from hallway to hallway to find the store I need.

    Star Citizen is KNOWN for their space legs, and yet they still feel clunky. If I toggle on sprinting, damn well leave it on instead of requiring me to retoggle every time I pause for a moment or get stuck on the floor. Where are my hands while sprinting? I will admit that it's funny as hell watching other players avatars run around. The animation is ridiculous.

    There are NPC's throughout stations and cities, and while they do move about...I've never seen lazier bums in my life. The fact they'll go from staring at one corner to staring at another, or moving enough to stand in the middle of a narrow stairway and blocking your path, makes them frivolous and a waste of resources for the current state of the game.

    For now, ship combat feels terribly one sided. I'm still in the little starter fighter you get and have yet to lose my shields despite taking stupid amounts of fire to the face. The directional shields are nice though and in theory add a bit of tactics to combat, but the fact they never drop for me only makes it important to the npc's in fighting.

    I understand Star Citizen is in a state of near perpetual Alpha, but based on my experience, they have light years to go before they catch up with Elite. Even when they do, I don't think there's going to be much competition.

    I'll still play off and on, like when I can afford to be distracted by the real world. My home will always be Elite though.

    submitted by /u/BlanquePayge81
    [link] [comments]

    After nearly 5 years, my first earth-like... Looking for name suggestions!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    Fun fact the corvette being way smaller in volume than the belluga, still have the best passenger capacity.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Please purchase/redeem elite dangerous to continue

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    It broke again... I can't believe it.

    It's THAT bug

    I tried doing steam log in in base game launcher but it just freezes the launcher...

    I AM JUST DESPERATE FOR HELP

    submitted by /u/comrade72
    [link] [comments]

    After 324 hours i finally made elite! Now i can go explore in peace.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment