• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 30, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 30, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (October 30, 2019)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    This week I reached 1000 hours, finally reached Rear Admiral , bought and engineered my 1st Vette and finally actually recorded a few clips (all recorded solo - combat was interesting!).

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:09 AM PDT

    Well then. Ill be leaving now...

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:47 AM PDT

    Hallowe'en under the California Nebula

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    100% most terrifying place I've seen since i left the bubble

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:17 AM PDT

    Love my keychain in my car

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    Salome Avenged

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:39 PM PDT

    Salome Avenged

    Ran into the infamous Harry Potter in San Tu but luckily I was able to kill him before turning in my exploration data.

    https://preview.redd.it/yvc6m1jkpqv31.png?width=937&format=png&auto=webp&s=82df8cd30d485d9d40e6a047d8e32a44d924273e

    submitted by /u/Cmdr_Liella
    [link] [comments]

    As a fairly noobish player, i'm proud of this little accomplishment. Solo trading wing mission with 24hrs to deliver 2913 tons 10ly with a cargo capacity of 100

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    A very lovely black hole V1487 Aquilae.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    Lets create a Democratic system inside the California Nebula and call it the New California Republic

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    SRV 'bout to drop the hottest album of 3305

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    Took forever, but its finally done.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Well I made it. Fixed up my ship here and jumped 3 light-years to Sagittarius A. Worth every moment.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Flavum metallic crystals made by primordial microorganisms

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    Finally ! (About 1 month, 550 jumps, 500 millions CR in exploration data and Elite in exploration)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    Didn't know flying to Hutton Orbital will finish off the paintjob completely. Btw wheres my mug?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    SemiNoob: The Missing Keybinds

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 02:31 PM PDT

    So there's some key/control binding options that should really exist (IMHO of course). If any of the below exist then

    1. Request/Cancel docking with the station in the current context.
    2. Cancel fighter docking request. (There is a keybind to initiate docking, but pressing that again doesn't cancel and occasionally makes docking impossible.)
    3. Lock on mothership's target. You can do lock on wingmate and then lock on locked-on wingmate's target, but it's clunky and the mothership is sometimes wingmate-1 and other times it's wingmate-2.
    4. Engage supercruse assist to current target.
    5. Disengage supercruse assist (optionally make the engage above a toggle).
    6. Target nothing.
    7. Option Flag: holding down Jump or Supercruise activation key should stow all the impediments (landing gear, hardpoints, cargo scoop, whatever) instead of just telling you to push the other button first.
    8. Two or more "module power profiles".
    9. Board Ship (e.g. pick up the surface vehicle without using the menu).
    submitted by /u/BitOBear
    [link] [comments]

    Got meself a Space Brick from the Space Depot down in Space Australia

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    My best screen shot yet

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    I love the scenery in this game

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:43 AM PDT

    Fragmentation Cannons

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    Recently started using them and finding out that if you can get majority of the pellets to hit, they fucking DESTROY. Gonna engineer them and decided to look at the modifications before hand and it made me really want a tighter spread mod. What do you guys think? Too op or just what the doctor ordered?

    submitted by /u/BlackHeartxFaz3
    [link] [comments]

    Just messing around with the camera

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    The self-imposed goal is achieved, wondering what to do next.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:35 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders o/

    I'm happy, after 3 weeks or so in-game and almost 100 hours, my first goal is achieved, the rank of Rear-Admiral in the Federation Navy and the ability to buy myself a Corvette. Now, I know, just because I can do something it does not mean that I should, so being as I am right now, with just one engineer unlocked (Felicity Farseer), it's a bit obvious that my future Corvette would be quite far from its potential.

    So, what I did so far in game was a bit of flying around aimlessly, got myself a few ships to test them out (A Dolphin for moving around the galaxy fast, is my taxi ship), both versions of the Krait, 2 pythons and 1 Vulture. Together with my cash reserves, I stand about 500 mil. credits worth, so it's time to decide what would be best to do next for Fun, Fame and FortuneTM

    1. Exploration. I admit, this is very tempting. But as I said, I have very little engineering abilities (or materials), this means is better to wait until I can fine tune better a ship, no? This is also a very time consuming activity, I am perfectly fine with that, but I feel if I go with an unsuited ship things can become harder than they should be.

    2. Combat. This is another aspect I'm very interested in. Is there a recommended ship (preferably medium) to learn? I am thinking of the Federal Assault Ship, looks a very good ship for its price, but I noticed people also love Fer de Lance and the Krait MKII. About weapons, is there a weapon class that is recommended? Can I go and PVE with gimballed weapons or do I do myself a disservice if I'm not using fixed weapons? Or should I go straight for a Corvette, because it looks the most forgiving?

    3. Mining. I don't like the idea very much (maybe from my time in EVE, I hated mining there), although in Elite it seems more engaging and definitely more profitable. I don't understand, however how the various tools are used (Abrasion blasters, etc).

    4. I looked but I could not find a resource that explains how to fit a ship. There are loads of builds, but I want to understand how things are correlated so I can create my own builds sometimes in the future :)

    submitted by /u/TheVisionBleak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment