• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 20, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 20, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 20, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 20, 2019)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So I reviewed every ship in the game in under 2 minutes

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:38 AM PST

    Gold it is...

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:27 AM PST

    A moon nearly caught in its gas giant's shadow.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:08 PM PST

    They were creepy... before I saw the face staring at me

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 11:40 PM PST

    Moon has more moons than te planet it orbits

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 11:17 AM PST

    (when yall commented on my quadruple star system) try this 9-star system +3 black holes

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:16 AM PST

    2 Basilisks - 1 Chieftain

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:00 PM PST

    5 things you SHOULD do in Elite Dangerous

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:10 AM PST

    Getting the rig ready to get back into it after a break - weird medical chair with hotas attachment!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:27 AM PST

    Pirate: Let’s see what’s in your hold

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:57 AM PST

    Me: Ok as you can see I have a hold full of prospector and collector limpets. And I'm in a Painite double hotspot. And I'm literally staring at this asteroid with a prospector limpet sticking out of it. I mean, what do you think is gonna happen next?

    Pirate: How do you people even earn a living?

    Me: …

    Pirate: Oh well, time to move on. How am I gonna tell Donna and the kids that I've yet again failed to do any actual pirating?

    submitted by /u/GrowCastler
    [link] [comments]

    Sisters

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:07 AM PST

    Neptune's innermost moon, Naiad, avoids smashing into its neighboring moon, Thalassa, by bobbing up and down like a carousel horse. The newly discovered resonance isn’t like anything scientists have seen in the solar system so far.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:29 PM PST

    Pit Trip Hauler

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:39 AM PST

    Greetings from Jupiter, CMDRs o7

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:46 PM PST

    I’ll be back among the stars later today...making my way to the Temple Region...slowly but surely. Have a good day, Commanders.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:27 AM PST

    Thargoid Mecca

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 12:06 PM PST

    Was tooling around the Pleiades and came across plediades sector dl-y d59. Empty but for the star and about 75 non-human signal sources. Admittedly, it's not hard to find Thargoids out here. But that seemed excessive.

    submitted by /u/roymcm
    [link] [comments]

    Prismatic Congress Latest Video

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 04:13 PM PST

    The Prismatic Congress is a weekly podcast by the Prismatic Imperium about general and community events as well as discussion about Elite Dangerous.

    submitted by /u/jeff_ryan
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to fix sparkly grossness in VR (rift)?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:36 PM PST

    Hi all! I recently got back into E:D after a few years, and I'm re-entering my VR setup on my Rift. I've researched a bunch of threads about VR settings, but...

    I'm bothered by how much sparkling (aliasing/SDE) there is -- looking at a station from 5K out looks like a mass of writhing pixels. I can read the UI well enough (I've switched over to a green HUD).

    Can anything be done? Weirdly, I don't see any visual changes no matter what my super sampling settings are (and I've experimented with changing SS from 1.0 through 2.0 in-game and via Oculus Tray Tool -- only my framerate changes). I've played around with the HMD setting (no apparent effect).

    I'm based off of VR High, 1080 ti, i7-5820K, I'm running via the launcher directly (though the game is downloaded through steam).

    If you had some money to try and address the issue -- what would you do? Upgrade the headset? Seems like my CV1 didn't have these issues but that could just be my memory.

    submitted by /u/semiotomatic
    [link] [comments]

    Jumping back into exploring.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 03:11 PM PST

    So I'm jumping back into exploration and looking at getting the DBX for it. Found a lot of builds, but most of them don't have hard points. Currently I'm flying a phython and using that as my space truck. If I buy a DBX would it be recommended to add hard points or will I be safe with out them?

    submitted by /u/riverman1084
    [link] [comments]

    FTL lore question

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:54 PM PST

    If you've ever opened up the spectator camera and looked behind your ship during super cruise, you'll notice your thrusters are off. Is this due to the frame shift drive simply not needing the thrusters or is it more of a if the player wasn't ment to be here we're not rendering it thing? It had me thinking because I prefer thrusters on for screenshot purposes.

    submitted by /u/Suchsneak00
    [link] [comments]

    How does a pilot survive dozens of Gs, when boosting in real space?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    My engineered Cobra Mk3 accelerates to 620 m/s in no time, so I was wondering, what saves the pilot from being turned into a pudding? My guess it's a special seat, that saves from deadly maneuvers. What do you think?

    Edit: thanks cmdrs for your insightful answers!

    submitted by /u/GanstaParrot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment