• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 21, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 21, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 21, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (November 21, 2019)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    January Update - Beta Announcement

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:31 AM PST

    I hope this double sunrise finds you well. o7

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:39 AM PST

    Inspired by Elite and after over three hours of work... I present to you a fully flight ready paper aircraft... The Claw of Esperia!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:24 AM PST

    My brand new Krait MkII after killing my first Thargoid Interceptor

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:03 PM PST

    First Elite in exploration! o7 cmdrs

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:18 AM PST

    I helped a new player today and recruited him on to my squad to teach him the advance side of the game and he went off and sent me this message. Wholesome

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:10 PM PST

    Noob here, and all I have to say is W O W

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:14 AM PST

    This is incredible. I bought this a while ago because I heard a ton of great things. I only managed to get to checking it out the other day. I started out in the tutorial, got a little overwhelmed with all the keyboard controls, but then I figured it out. It was getting stale, so I then remembered I own a Saitek X52 I found for $12 at a thrift store. Hooked it up, and then found a post on here through google that let me easily set it up. I was into it, and definitely getting the hang of it.

    Then I put on my Vive. Hooooooly crap. I was supposed to clean my apartment yesterday. That never happened. I am so excited to explore this game a lot more, I'm shocked I don't hear more about it.

    Thanks Frontier, for such a gem, I can't wait to see what's out there!

    submitted by /u/tranoidnoki
    [link] [comments]

    GALNET Ad -- 3D Render

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Interviewed the discoverer of the 1st Thorne-Zytkow Object and related it to ED

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:04 AM PST

    FINALLY!!!!! After over 2 months of crying myself to sleep, trying to bargain with the demon under my bed, and a little coke addiction, I finally got to Rear Admiral, I can now say im a proud Corvette owner!!!!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:01 PM PST

    New ship name for Corvette ��

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:15 PM PST

    Considering that massive star over there, this world is very dar... Oh, well, okay then!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 01:06 PM PST

    Docking FA off HUD off while servers down. Little boop but my smoothest run so far.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 02:06 AM PST

    Elite on the go!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:36 PM PST

    Sometimes when I'm stuck in traffic, creeping along, I turn on the classical station and imagine that my docking computer is handling things.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 02:34 PM PST

    Brown Dwarf with a Ring found in system LSD 420

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 10:08 PM PST

    For everybody who read trisolaris... Beautiful watch in endless space.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 10:49 AM PST

    Nothing special. Just Mamba in HazRes

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 10:24 AM PST

    Interdicted at the golconda cg, a story.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:53 AM PST

    So here I was supercruising in my cutter, delivering my first load of polymers to the golconda initiative last night. I couldn't help but notice the sheer amount of hollow rectangles abound on the scanner display. This area is full of commanders delivering their cargo for the effort, and any place there are a lot of shipments there are sure to be nefarious elements.

    Suddenly, but unsurprisingly one of the ships started looping around behind my wake and despite any attempt at supercruise evasion I was ultimately interdicted by a CMDR.

    During the interdiction I ask myself, Is this a murder hobo out to destroy my precious cargo and force an expensive rebuy; a code pirate looking to feed his family off the back of my transport effort, something else entirely? There's no sense in waiting to find out.

    I review the usual escape sequence as the adrenaline starts rushing through my body. Repeating to myself, submit to the interdiction, fa off, boost, boost, look to the navigation console to select a nearby system to high wake, loop around and try again. I've done this before, I'm pretty much on auto pilot at this point. I start the sequence, negating the fa off bit since this thing is a bit of a hull tank and should have no issues escaping. It's a cutter, nothing is mass locking this beast. I boost away, boost again... Check out the navigation console for a nearby system. It's then that i notice some communications in the comms panel. In my haste to escape I hadn't noticed this bit until now. "Please stop for a totally legitimate cargo scan. I'm a cargo inspector".

    I'm intrigued, this is no murder hobo, not even a pirate. He's, "totally legitimate". It could be a ruse, but with an escape sequence already planned out and aforementioned hull strength I can give him the benefit of the doubt. He informs me he is looking for contaminated cargo. With nothing to lose in the short term I stop and allow the scan to proceed.

    He informed me that 5 of my cargo is contaminated and will have to be jettisoned or he will need to deploy decontamination limpets. He casually mentioned that this contaminated cargo can eventually eat through your cargo hold and severely damage your ship. With hundreds of tons of cargo on board and more trips planned i can't risk it, I've got to get rid of this contaminated cargo. Looks like cost cutting measures at the loading dock has allowed a batch of contaminated cargo to slip through the scans. Damn those corporations.

    Without further hesitation I jettison the infected cargo into the black of space and thank this Commander for his help in saving my ship from suffering the affects and damage from this cargo. Soon after I'm back on my way to help the golconda effort. With no further issues.

    Thank you mr cargo inspector for helping me out, and reminding me that not every interdiction attempt will also be an assassination attempt.

    o7 CMDR. See you in the black.

    submitted by /u/3vil9enius
    [link] [comments]

    My first visit to Sag A, after 4 months and 70kly+ wandering in the void.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:30 AM PST

    My First Discovery of two Earth Like Planets close to each other

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 01:10 PM PST

    Share your clever ship name here!

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 05:52 AM PST

    Saw 'Spanish Inquisition' and figured there were a ton of other clever, funny names out there. Share yours, CMDR? o7

    submitted by /u/_punk_in_drublic_
    [link] [comments]

    Body styles (HoloMe alternatives)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 02:14 PM PST

    I haven't found anything on the forums, and frankly it's not worth the devs time (yet), but has there been any discussion about expanding the body types in the HoloMe generator? The customization that exists is pretty spartan as is, but I honestly expected there to be a body type slider by now. I'm a 38 year old male and in no way small and would like to see an option other than Gordon Freeman chic. If I could look down in VR and see my belly, my immersion would skyrocket.

    submitted by /u/BlanquePayge81
    [link] [comments]

    I always thought it's really cool that you can see the guns from the Cobra, but this is a bit too much.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 12:12 PM PST

    Canyon racing on Ariel.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Hello cmdrs, I am an Xbox commander testing out my racing ship and am on Ariel, in the Sol system. I extend the offer to you to race from one end of a canyon to another. My gamertag is boonusboi. Hope to see you there! o7

    submitted by /u/boonus_boi
    [link] [comments]

    My 498th Water World

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:03 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment