• Breaking News

    Monday, December 30, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 30, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 30, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 30, 2019)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    /r/EliteDangerous's Best Of 2019 - nominations & voting thread

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:18 AM PST

    Best of 2019 Awards

    Reddit has begun its annual Best of 2019 event! This thread is for you all to nominate your favourite posts and comments submitted to /r/EliteDangerous during 2019 and discuss what you enjoyed about them.

    Through 5 categories /r/EliteDangerous will be handing out 40x Mod (Elite Snoo) Awards each giving 1 month of Reddit Premium (ad-free).

     

    2019 Categories

    • Best Video - gameplay, guides, news, etc
    • Best Screenshot - images of in-game content only
    • Best Image - non-screenshots, e.g. meme, fan-art, and photos
    • Best Text - text-post or comment
    • Best Helpful CMDR - who has helped you and/or CMDRs brilliantly?

     

    Award Distribution

    In each Category, the Awards (each giving 1 month of Reddit Premium) will be distributed as follows:

    • 4x Elite Snoo Awards = Winner (Top-voted nomination)
    • 1x Elite Snoo Award = Winner Nominator (CMDR who nominated the Winner)
    • 2x Elite Snoo Awards = Runner-up (2nd-highest-voted nomination)
    • 1x Elite Snoo Award = Runner-up Nominator (CMDR who nominated the Runner-up)

     

    Submit Your Nominations

    Each CMDR can nominate one submission per category.

    Please submit your nomination as a top-level comment below, in the following format:

     Category Link to submission Username of submitter Your reason for nominating the submission 

    For example:

     Best Text https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/eh83xn/daily_qa_ask_and_answer_any_questions_you_have/ /u/automoderator Because the bot is so damn helpful 

    Closing date for nominations is 12noon UTC on Monday 6th January, 2020.

    To easily find some of the year's well-received submissions, here are the highest scoring posts of 2019 (so far).

     

    How Voting Works

    This thread will be set to contest mode. This means that all top-level comments (i.e. entries) will be sorted randomly and no scores will be displayed.

    Voting will last through to 6pm UTC on Tuesday 7th January, 2020.

    Please upvote the nominations you want to win - this is how you vote on each category. At the end of voting we will lock the thread, and check all the votecounts to determine the category winners/runners-up.

     

    Important Notes

    • Nominations must include the Category for it to be included.
    • Every nomination must be a link to an existing post or comment made to /r/EliteDangerous in 2019.
    • You may not nominate yourself.
    • Please include a short explanation with your nomination for context.
    • Duplicate nominations will be removed.
    • Invalid nominations will be removed and the submitter messaged so that they can edit their nomination.
    • Nominators have an account that has been active on /r/EliteDangerous for at least 1 month.
    • Nominations submitted after 12noon UTC on Monday 6th January 2020 will be void.

    Discussion about nominations may take place in this thread as replies to the nominations only (i.e. a second-level comment). Please remain civil and on-topic, the thread will be treated as [Serious] for moderation purposes.


     

    Feel free to message the mod team if you have any questions.

    Good Luck Commanders! o7

    submitted by /u/StuartGT
    [link] [comments]

    Missile gunship type-10

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:12 AM PST

    Well, uhhhh.....what?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:45 AM PST

    I want a new insurance company.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 09:22 PM PST

    Peduncle Tree in a Proto Lagrange cloud in Hawking's Gap

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:16 AM PST

    Returned after long hiatus...the game is MUCH better now

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Mind if I gush a bit? Having come back just this weekend I am amazed at how much more approachable the game is. The advanced docking computer and supercruise assist are divine. I know how to fly, but damn do I prefer to auto-launch my Anaconda and most of the time I really don't feel like I need to stare at the screen in superspace just so I don't overshoot. GREAT additions.

    I also like the greater amount of help text. Even little things, like selecting an unknown icon, seeing that it's a megaship and getting a description on basic things you could do with it was awesome. The tab layout with more helpful ship functions and information is also really nice.

    I still would love more single-player content (just a damn chain of missions from the Pilot's Federation that can take you through the story/cool stuff chonologically would be dope). And engineering really could use a rework where you aren't gaining bonus stats but more of you work on experimental effects instead, but that's just me and I don't always have good ideas. xD

    I missed Elite but often have been plagued with limited time the tedium drove me away. Still not sure what I'll do to actually play it and ideally stream it, but this is way better than it was when I left off. I can at least start with trying megaship interactions/missions and search and rescue stuff, certainly!

    submitted by /u/WrennFarash
    [link] [comments]

    The Elite community is awesome!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:10 AM PST

    I've been playing the game since launch, and just returned to the game after a break for a few months. Yesterday I decided it was finally time to unlock Prismatic Shields. I haven't done Powerplay in Elite for at least a year, maybe two.

    So I flew out to the Cubeo system to pick up some materials to do some fortification runs to get the 750 Merits I needed for the shields.

    My first trip was uneventful. Landed, got my materials, and dropped them off.

    On my second trip, I got interdicted by a Krait. I tried to talk, but that wasn't on the menu. We had to play some cat-and-mouse. I escaped from the first interdiction with 30% hull, repaired and came back. Eventually I was able to get past the interdictions by low-waking and then immediately doing an emergency stop. When I finally got to the station, the Krait was waiting for me. He made a few ramming attempts, but I kept my speed down and made it in.

    Afterwards, he congratulated me for running the blockade, and I congratulated him for making it challenging for me. Really nice bloke. I told him I'd send him a friend request after I finished getting my merits, since I didn't want to make his job any easier.

    I had to logout for Real Life, and a few hours later I came back to do my last run. This time I got interdicted by somebody different. I paused to talk, and the pilot questioned my allegiance. I told him I was unlocking Prismatic Shields, and he wished me a good day, encouraged me to support Hudson, and sent me on my way.

    It's great to come back to the game and on my first day have some really great interactions with two players right off the bat.

    submitted by /u/Murrdox
    [link] [comments]

    Had some time during holidays so i printed Anaconda to 800:1 scale. Still waiting for paint to arrive.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:51 PM PST

    Obligatory screenshot: first discovery of an ELW. This is mine! Earned a beer :-)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:27 PM PST

    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:59 AM PST

    EDDB (Elite Dangerous Database) - Beta site available, includes Dark Mode

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    The big bang

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:50 PM PST

    I live exactly there. Where do I live?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:26 PM PST

    Scarab in front of things

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:05 AM PST

    Supercruise

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 08:21 PM PST

    PvP Sidewinder Piracy. Profitable silliness

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:05 AM PST

    how to surf a block hole

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:13 PM PST

    Squadron Seeking Problem Solvers - Join us (if you can find us)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 03:53 PM PST

    EDSM decided that I made a longest jump in entire history of ED

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:34 AM PST

    This game looks so good at screenshots

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:41 AM PST

    Can't get back to the bubble

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:35 AM PST

    Can't get back to the bubble

    I decided to finally try to unlock Professor Palin for those G5 Dirty Drives. I outfitted a Phantom for > 60 lyr jumps, and headed out of the bubble to make the 5000 lyr requirement as fast as possible. On the way out most of the systems were explored, and there wasn't much of anything interesting. Once I was 4000 lyr out though, I started running into more undiscovered systems. So I had to scan them. And then map the terraformable worlds. And then I discovered an Earthlike planet. And I found a planet high in Antimony I had to land on to get some mats.

    My first time doing real exploring.

    My problem is it's time to head back, I've got about 75 jumps if I go quickly. But it's taking forever, because instead of going as fast as possible I keep looking for the closest G stars, and dropping in to see if there's anything interesting, and it's taking forever to get back.

    Not sure if this is a problem or not...

    https://preview.redd.it/h5uxxvcrzs741.jpg?width=1125&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=00b0439f2f7d421649eaecd248f898ee76486ff9

    submitted by /u/Zerodur
    [link] [comments]

    Star Rise

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:59 AM PST

    Old video I found from my early days of mining. Mistakes were made. (Explained in Comments)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 01:15 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment