• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 31, 2019)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 31, 2019)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (December 31, 2019)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Postcard from the detention facility...Wish you were here...super scale

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:59 AM PST

    I should really be out partying like the rest of the country, but I'm too tired from work. At least I managed to get to Elite before 2020! Happy new year, Commanders!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:25 AM PST

    Happy New Year

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 01:04 PM PST

    Frontier just posted an infographic: Elite in numbers

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:17 AM PST

    The cobra will always be my love.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:58 AM PST

    How do the Fuel Rats get to you so fast?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:36 AM PST

    I just got rescued by the Fuel Rats because (a) I was an idiot and (b) they are brilliant. Thing is, we all know they're total heroes, but they're also fast. Within a minute or two of my call I had two fuel rats in the system where I was stranded.

    How do they do it (if it isn't a special trade secret)?

    Also, they make the game so much better (e.g. after the rescue they gave me an excellent run down on how to use the galaxy map properly) that Frontier should do something special for them. There should totally be a flashing blue light or something that's only for fuel rats

    submitted by /u/GrowCastler
    [link] [comments]

    After many years off and on, I have finally made it to Sag A*

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:05 AM PST

    The Dryau Awesomes

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 01:43 PM PST

    Finally received my replacement, now I can play comfortably again.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:50 PM PST

    Happy 3306 from Beagle Point, CMDRs!!! (I know, it's early, but I have to attend real-life festivities when the real year ticks over)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:18 AM PST

    I started to draw an Asp in front of a nice planet in a nebula and I figured I would make a video of that.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:21 AM PST

    Found a neutron star inside a main sequence star. I can boost and scoop at the same time without hitting the exclusion zone!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:53 AM PST

    The State of the Galaxy.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:07 AM PST

    This is by no means all inclusive, and if you have any suggestions or comments, I humbly request you contribute in the comments.

    As such, Happy New Year. This time of year is likely to see many new players join for the first time, and I know when I joined, I had no clue what was going on in the bubble. So I figured it would be wise to start the year with a recap of what we know happened last year, as well as what we expect for this new year. It may also be beneficial to older players too.

    First off, there are currently three superpowers in the galaxy. The Federation, the Empire, and the Alliance. There has been quite a bit of political turmoil this year, including imperial civil war and abolishment of the President of the Alliance. However, things are, for the moment, stable. As far as I am aware, no major conflicts are occurring between the three powers, beyond the local level. I also don't think there are elections this year, but I could be wrong. Also, corporations make up the fourth, unofficial superpower, and do hold considerable sway over galactic affairs.

    The Thargoid threat is currently at an all time low. There have been almost zero attacks within the bubble since the Thargoids launched a large scale assault on the core worlds earlier this year, which was defeated, though you can still find debris and damaged megaships and stations from the attack and from before the attack. Many stations still need repairs, however. All three powers have established a presence in a new nebula to continue research of the xenos and meta-alloys. Attacks near the Pleiades and witch head nebulae are also extremely low, unless you go looking for them, and things seem to be calm right now.

    A couple years ago the guardians were discovered to our galactic east. However, there are no new major discoveries that I know of, except for a ship thief from earlier this year, so there may be more to find "where the heavens glow" or something like that. Not that anyone has really figured out what was meant.

    Across the board there seems to be no new archeological or xenological discoveries this year. I may be wrong, but nothing seams to be in the news.

    Inside the bubble, gankers and murderers are at a relative high, so beware high traffic systems like Deciat and Shinrarta Dezra. Generally, engineers are risky at the moment, at least within the bubble. Conversely, capital systems like Sol are relatively safe at the moment.

    Many core mechanics were changed this year. Some a little, some a lot. Don't be afraid to ask for help, because we all had to relearn certain parts of it.

    As for next year, there is a January update which looks to be bug fixing in nature, a major release including player owned megaships in the spring, and a new dlc at the end of the year.

    Lastly, the Dark Wheel has managed to become a dominant power in the Shinrarta Dezra system, and has expanded into the LHS 926 (or is it LFT?) system. It is still unknown if they are THE Dark Wheel, or A Dark Wheel. I would like to personally request that we assist them in their efforts. Who knows what will happen...

    There is plenty more that I can't remember of the top of my head, so feel free to check the comments and comment yourself. There also also several different irl tools that can help. My personal favorite is Inara, though Cannonn helps with my research.

    Good luck commanders, and fly safe. O7

    CMDR gray_wolf1, signing off.

    submitted by /u/Gray_wolf1
    [link] [comments]

    This Coriolis starport seems awfully small....

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:42 AM PST

    Such a beautiful shade of black and orange.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:56 PM PST

    angry bug noises

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Happy new year from Beagle Point cmdrs o7. I Hope 2020 bring us legs, athmospheric planets and... Well, let's be realistic. I wish you a Healthy year for all of you. :D

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:17 AM PST

    About as close as one can get to Horse Head Nebula

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:06 PM PST

    So hyped from my elite promotion that I can't see the animation properly

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:54 AM PST

    The best way to start the new year. CAPITALISM!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:03 PM PST

    My 1st Elite rank after my 1st ever mining by selling low temp diamonds in a T9!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:59 AM PST

    Happy New Year! My own little firworks display from the Zurara in the Formidine Rift!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Yes please.. ������

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:37 AM PST

    Coming Soon to DVD

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:04 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment