• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 1, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 01, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 01, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 01, 2020)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    EDDB dark mode is now live!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 05:57 AM PST

    A dark mode was by far the most requested feature for EDDB. And now it is finally here.

    When I started developing EDDB 5 years ago, I had not prepared the site for multi-themes. And the longer I waited, the more difficult it would become to rework the associated source code to make it multi-theme capable. A complete refactoring of the SCSS was necessary (moving all color values in variables and generalizing structures) and that took some time. Although it took really long, I hope you enjoy it. If you encounter any problems regarding legibility or contrast, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    I wish all commanders out there a fantastic 2020 o7.

    Edit: A thousand thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/themroc5
    [link] [comments]

    Neutron Highway

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 06:51 AM PST

    Happy 3306 CMDRs!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:27 PM PST

    Ringed Gas Giant at 80 Ly from the star

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Flying past orbital stations in regular speed makes you realize how huge everything really is (Especially in VR)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 07:23 AM PST

    2020 is the Year of the Rat! Happy New Years, Fuel Rats! o7

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:48 PM PST

    I also like to live dangerously.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:00 PM PST

    "Successfully docked at landing bay 8 on her majesty's Majestic Class Interdictor. Enjoy your stay!"

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 06:46 AM PST

    When you're wondering where the playerbase is in open.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:33 AM PST

    I finally saved up enough to buy an Anaconda! But then I realised I already had too many small ships so...

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 04:42 AM PST

    Cmdrs chair. The setup is nearly complete still waiting on the force feedback chair addon. And I must admit elite in VR with the HCS voice packs is already a blast. Looking forward to feel Canon fire and fsa kicking in.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 06:50 AM PST

    Was gifted Elite Dangerous on Dec 22 2019....

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Destination: maximum basking

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:27 PM PST

    Thats how NPC interdict you in 2020

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 02:02 PM PST

    Who decided I couldn't pilot a federation farragut battle curiser!?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:02 PM PST

    City of the future. In the 1980's people thought 2020 would look like this.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 09:14 AM PST

    Happy New Year - Elite Dangerous Style!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:57 PM PST

    My 2020 challenge: a new save and flying only 1 ship... and not one of the "big" ones!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

    With 2020 here, I've been trying to think of ways to re-ignite my passion for playing ED. With some 200+ hours into the game, I've realized that I'm starting to view it in a completely way than I did when I first started years ago, and that bothers me to some extent.

    When I first started, I looked at the game as "this is a space sim, where I can live out all those child Ganogati dreams of being a starship captain!", and when I'd fly around in a ship I'd think "This is my ship!". That added just a bit of magic to the game, and I loved it.

    Now, it's a little different. I enjoy the game still, especially now that I've added VR into the mix, but I find that I'm getting hung up on the little details. Rather than logging in and just flying my ship and doing whatever seems interesting, I'm focused on "the grind". Instead of looking at a ship and saying "This is my ship", I look at it and say "this is a stepping stone to the next ship". And this is perfectly fine, and there are probably lots of folks who like playing this way, but for me it was kind of a buzz-kill. I started to lose interest in logging in because I'd just look at ships and see lost potential, minus a handful of ships (which also happen to be the most popular). "If only this ship had 1 more hardpoint". "If only this ship was a little faster". "Nothing compares to the krait/python/conda/etc".

    So, with that said, I decided it was time for a reset. I've applied the following rules for myself:

    • New game! No relying on old money. Fresh start

    • I am allowed a single ship, minus the very beginning where I'm getting money for that ship. I must pick it, and I must keep it for the entire year for every task. Everything.

    • The ship I choose cannot be one of the following: Conda, 'vette, cutter, python, krait mkII, or asp explorer. These are the most popular ships, and for a reason; picking one would make the challenge a bit too easy. =D

    Originally I was leaning towards the Keelback, as it meets most of the game's needs (at least on some level) and can land on medium pads, but my only contention is that it's slow as Christmas and has the pitch rate of a blue whale swimming through glue. So instead I've been looking at 4 other ships: The DBX, the Cobra III, the iCourier, or the Viper IV. Honestly, I'm leaning the most towards the Viper IV, though a multi-crew slot would be nice so I'm torn on that one. Also, a nice view is a big deal so I could end up in the keelback anyway, though I'd love a shield/speed tank over a hull tank. Other than that and the slow turning, it does fit all my needs pretty neatly.

    Anyhow, I know it's silly but I thought I'd share. I was starting to turn ED into spreadsheets online, like Eve, and I felt like I needed a bit of a reset. This may just help me to do that. Rather than looking at my ship and going "I need to do this task, so I should work towards getting this other ship that can do that", I'll have to say "This is my ship. How can I make it so that it can do that task?"

    Happy new year, all! o7

    submitted by /u/Ganogati
    [link] [comments]

    Spent some time gathering materials with a friend. Turned out to be really fun!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:41 AM PST

    This is exactly what is wrong with the missions of this game. This system is in OUTBREAK and not a single support mission for that issue! I have a 728 ton Cutter I am trying to help out with but Holy Crap FDEV throw us a bone here!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 10:16 AM PST

    Happy 3306 CMDRs! o7

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 10:39 AM PST

    1000ly by 1000ly Chunk of The Bubble

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:27 PM PST

    I think I'll rest here tonight..Newton's vault,you have my gratitude.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Krait Phantom and station VR Tour

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 12:36 PM PST

    Managed to fit my materials collection run into 1 screenshot :D (note: photoshopped)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 05:20 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment