• Breaking News

    Friday, January 3, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 03, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 03, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (January 03, 2020)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No VR headset yet, but a superultrawide curved monitor is the next best thing! ��

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:34 AM PST

    The golden nugget

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:08 PM PST

    After 50+ jumps, a trillion interdictions, and me almost swan diving into a star multiple times. I finally get to taste victory!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:02 AM PST

    I thought I would try a canvas and paint for change. Yes I know the planet is too bright but .. NOOBHAMMERS and LAVA!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:33 PM PST

    It can be easy to forget how massive a star is

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 10:41 AM PST

    Character creation is always my favorite feature

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:16 AM PST

    Glad to be back, after 2yr pause.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 07:19 AM PST

    After being killed by Dog Steinmann 2 weeks ago, I encountered him again while ganker hunting. We fought him twice, with me 1v1 him till we were both low, and then my wing came along and he ran at 24%. The 2nd time we took down his shields, then he immediately went to dock and stayed there.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:22 AM PST

    Exploring the unknown is always better with a friend!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Finally got a HOTAS. Add in VR and this game has sucked me back in again.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Sleeping giant

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 09:59 AM PST

    130+ hours in and encountered my first neutron star. Beauty!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:18 AM PST

    Found my first earth-like planet while CMDR u/RChamy dragged me to some weird alien ruins. It was fun tho, and profitable ._.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:38 AM PST

    My Co-pilot

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Mamba should be the fastest ship in the game.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:03 AM PST

    No, Mamba DESERVES to be the fastest ship in the game. It might be the only ship that was built with only speed in mind. And it sacrifices so many things FDL had because of it. But there is almost no pay off. It's design it's lore everything about it screams SPEED but it isn't even the fastest ship in it's CLASS let alone being the fastest ship in the game. Just look at it's design from bottom it's thrusters are literally are as big as the half of the ship. In a thruster to size ratio Mamba would still be the winner in speed. It has an amazing design that I really love.

    Please let it actually be good at something everything Mamba does FDL does it better and it's really a sad waste of a really really nice design. At least let it be good at the thing it was built for.

    It should be faster than some cheap Viper Mk3 lore wise and design wise and purpose wise. Why not implement it into the game and let Mamba actually have a use? It won't change the ships usefulness THAT much it still has the same firepower and the same bad turning speed. Hell even a nerf to it's already bad turning speed would be justified if it was buffed to be the fastest ship in the game. It would at least have the title it was built for.

    You could even change it's stats from the ground up to not be a bad FDL clone anymore and balance it's faster speed.

    Viper clocks in at 932? Make Mamba 933.

    submitted by /u/Cryedra
    [link] [comments]

    That's.... a big ring.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:57 PM PST

    First time finding a mollusc, and of course I tried to take it home with me

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 02:42 PM PST

    This may not look like much, but I'm glad as heck to finally be back. After months in the black, visiting Salomé's Reach for the first time, I'm finally back home. Selling pages took me a good 20 minutes...

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 06:31 AM PST

    Shout out to the fuel rats

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 08:31 PM PST

    Thanks for saving me out in the middle of nowhere, and quickly at that. Rapid response time had me waiting no longer than 15 minutes to be refueled and on my way. They do great work and deserve recognition for it.

    submitted by /u/MrMoscow93
    [link] [comments]

    Encountered my first BlackHole today, found my first undiscovery one soon after, all in VR, breathtaking. Love this game

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 08:38 AM PST

    So... i just started, looking for answers

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    best way to make money by combat?

    Got myself a cobra mk3 with a decent amount of kit, 4a/3a/2f/1e main and guns, no money, no idea what to do, no idea where to go,

    Where should i make my home system? where should i travel?

    Any other tips i should know, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Nakutya_
    [link] [comments]

    What’s ship integrity and is there a way to repair it without it repairing my paintwork?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 12:32 PM PST

    I'm on my way to Sagittarius A*, stopping off in Colonia first, made a detour to the nearest station after my taxi painted Dolphin got battered by a few neutron stars and I love how weathered the paintwork looks. I want to repair my whole ship but not the paintwork. What does ship integrity actually do and if I repair that will it repair the paintwork?

    submitted by /u/TomH2118
    [link] [comments]

    Some Type 10 miner love

    Posted: 03 Jan 2020 11:42 AM PST

    The Cobra Mk3 is the AE86 of Elite

    Posted: 02 Jan 2020 11:25 PM PST

    • Good performance for the price

    • Angular shape

    • Everybody loves it

    • Retractable headlight/hardpoint in front of the cockpit window

    • the majority of the cockpit is made of plastic

    • You can engage in controlled oversteer with it

    • Designed a long time ago

    • made by a company that's known for its cars'/ships' reliability

    • Has a successor that nobody cares about

    (And yes, this post is totally inspired by this post)

    submitted by /u/suppordel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment