• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 29, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 29, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 29, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 29, 2020)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just arrived back from Distant Worlds 2. First time Ive docked at a station in over a year.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    I found a vinyl disc in Space �� This is a Neutron Star with rings

    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    This asteroid did not like being mined

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    For KSP fans

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    The CMDR that never flew...

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    (I've never made a post before...and it will likely be my only one to be honest, and I've only even made a few comments...typically I just lurk to read about the games I love, so please, forgive me if I screwed anything up with this post or broke any rules by doing so or for any typos/grammar issues...)

    I love Elite: Dangerous. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I've got about 800 hours registered in Steam. 100% in VR, and that doesn't count the time prior to Steam. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Elite until I bought my Rift DK2 (not a dev, just a gamer). I was looking through YouTube videos of cool content to try and that's when I ran across E:D. I was blown away.

    For as bad as the hardware was on the DK2 Rift (I've since taken the Vive then Vive Pro upgrade route), it was still insane at the presence offered. No longer were we looking through windows into other worlds, we were allowed to step foot in them. I was born in the mid-70's so I grew up on things like Star Wars/The Last Starfighter/countless other space movies. I'd always dreamed of going to space, of piloting my own ship. And with E:D AND VR...well, that's as close as I'm going to get in my lifetime to fulfilling that dream. If you've never played E:D in VR and you bash VR as a fad, you're so misinformed. It's. Jaw. Dropping. It is THE best showcase for what VR can add to certain genres.

    So I spent my time flying the galaxy, mostly in the bubble, enjoying the scenery. Learning the basics of flight, fighting, things like that. I'd take screenshots galore during my adventures. I always played solo, never in the open. Mostly because I have severe social anxiety and that unfortunately translates to online. The thought of being in a large group of strangers, face to face OR virtual, it causes something in my brain to malfunction and start causing anxiety attacks. Anyway, so I flew solo. Just me and William Shatner as my co-pilot (because of course, VR+Voice Attack+HCS voice packs just really add to the already unfreakinbelievable immersion.

    So in 2006, I met a girl on MySpace. Erika. She was in my town so we met up one night down the street from where I live. We sat and talked for a while and realized that dating wouldn't work for us because we had some severe lifestyle differences. BUT we also had lots of things in common so we became friends. She and I quickly became the best of friends. Routinely hanging out, spending nights together (stayed strictly platonic) and even taking day trips. As my anxiety issues became worse, she would call me regularly, in the middle of the night…"been out any this week?" No. "Wanna get some food?" Yeah, that's cool. And one of us would pick up the other and go hit a convenience store with an all-night deli. Or we'd go to Walmart at 3am. Or just drive around singing poorly at the top of our lungs.

    She became the best friend I'd ever had. And she told me many times that I was the same to her. I guess it was about 2012 or so...I'd started seeing someone. Erika met her and they both adored one another. Erika was stoked for me. Soon after this, she informed me she was moving to Florida (about 14 hours south of our hometown). Her dad lived down there and she needed a change of scenery. Part of the aforementioned differences in lifestyles were I didn't drink and she was in bars/clubs most nights, either bartending or drinking. She wanted to walk away from the lifestyle as she was getting older, but I was literally the only friend she had that didn't drink or do drugs. So she packed her bags and headed to Florida.

    She eventually met a jerk (really, stay tuned) and moved in with him fairly quickly. Towards the end of that year, he went a bit insane over that whole Mayan calendar thing and took off to Ohio. She found out he was staying with an ex up there. Meanwhile, Erika is in Florida living in his home. But even offers of sending her money to fly back to our hometown or picking her up myself didn't sway her resolve. She decided she was staying put and he eventually came home and things seemed to work out. She soon adopted a much healthier lifestyle. They stopped drinking completely. She started cooking all this healthy stuff that I wouldn't touch to save my life. She sounded happy and hopeful every time she'd call, which got to be on about a weekly basis.

    As time went on, she went more and more from talking to me while he was in the room to either talking when he went down the road or just whispering under her breath when he was out of the room. They'd gotten where they were sleeping in separate rooms. They rarely talked or did things. They just coexisted. She finally admitted that he was smoking synthetic weed. He would become a different person when he did so. I told her to leave. Offered her help to do so. She refused. "I'ma just tell him, look, if you wanna be a pothead, I'll drive you myself to buy a bag of weed, but for real, no more synthetic stuff". I wished her luck, told her I thought she was better off leaving, but obviously I wasn't in her shoes so she had to make the choice for herself.

    Flash forward a bit later in the story...I hadn't heard from her in a few days so I texted. "You okay?" The douchebag messaged back. "She's in the hospital. She collapsed and I had to call an ambulance". A few weeks of testing and they offered her no idea what was going on. Or, if they did, she didn't tell me.

    Now, prior to her leaving, when we used to hang out, late at night in the deli...her chest would start beeping. It sounded like an 80's arcade machine. See, she was diabetic and had to get an insulin pump. It wired in under her arm and she kept it in her bra most times. "Everything okay?" Yep. "Are you gonna let me play Pac-Man on that thing?" She'd laugh. She was a gamer. She LOVED the God of War series. She eventually got into Skyrim and we'd spend hours on the phone talking about the game. She'd ask questions, pick my brain (I'd put a couple hundred hours into it previously before she ever got into it). She'd ask me to pull out the hardcover guide I had for it and explain a stat or find out something for her. I think she just wanted the friendly voice giving her the info is why she'd turn to me instead of Google for Skyrim advice.

    Anyway, back to Florida. She found out her kidneys were starting to fail. She began dialysis treatment. She said things were going well. Then one night, while waiting for a date to show up...I got a call. "Hey, listen, I've been kidnapped...I think I'm in California". Are you okay? "Yes, but they drugged me and I'm tied up". Okay sweetie, is there ANY chance you're in a hospital? I know you'd mentioned you were in the hospital a couple days ago. "I could be...one of the kidnappers just walked in and looked at me and then she walked out". Erika, sweetie, listen, if that was a kidnapper, they'd have taken your phone away when they saw it in your hand or heard me on speakerphone. I'ma go to your mom's and we'll call you from there when I get there. "Okay". So I rush to her mom's house (5 minutes away) and when I get there, she's already on the phone with Erika as I walk up on the porch. We finally get her settled down and realizing she's in the hospital and just medicated and that we'd talk to her the next day.

    So her mom and I talked for a bit and we realized that she hadn't been going to appointments as scheduled. The douchebag (here's the part I told you to wait for) hadn't been taking her. She wasn't in any shape to drive and he was too high most days to take her. He'd apologize, tell her he loved her, then go back to his room and smoke some more. She'd get sicker and sicker.

    By the end of that week, we convinced her to move back home. Her mom worked full time, but with my issues (and a few others) I'm on disability, so I promised her that anything her mom or her grandmother couldn't get her to, I could make sure she got to. That I may have to go back and sit in the car while she's in the back because I can't sit in the lobbies alone, but I would make sure she got what treatment she needed (along with her mom/grandma). So her grandmother and two of her friends from church go to pick up Erika. The douchebag offers to drive her about halfway to meet them. She finally makes it back home in around Fall of 2017.

    When I see her, I'm sad. She looked sick. She was always beautiful. About 5'9". Usually hovered in the 140-150 range. Blonde (not really) hair. Now, she's like, 110 lbs. Hair looks like shit. And I don't mean not fixed. I mean, like, sick person hair. Thinning spots and such. Anyway, I'm happy to have her back, as is her family.

    We see each other routinely. Her family did a great job of getting her to appointments. She'd rarely ask me to take her to anything but she would ask me to pick her up pretty often. I think mostly just to get her out of the house somewhere that wasn't the dialysis clinic. She'd tell me she was weak or nauseated but overall doing much better. I'd be happy and hopeful that her progress would continue. So she was doing like, I think 3 hours or so, a few days a week. Eventually she opted for doing a different kind of dialysis at home. That left her 7 days a week, starting at 10 hours a day...eventually upping to about 12 hours. Hooked to a machine. Half the day. Enough tubing to make it to the bathroom and the kitchen table. They kept a mini-fridge in the living room she could reach and before work her mom would put out snacks and food and such on the table so Erika could get to it.

    Some days she'd feel really good and wanna do something. She loved this place called Breaks Interstate Park, about an hour from us. We'd go and hike some of the shorter trails. She got sick enough though that even on a "trail" to an overlook...a trail that was maybe 50 yards, she had to stop and rest 3 times down and 3 times back. She also loved a place closer to us, a small state park. We'd go there and just drive through it enjoying the scenery or get some food and go eat at one of the picnic areas in the park. At the holidays we'd go see the lights at that park, she absolutely made a fuss about wanting to see the lights. And she'd be so excited when we'd go and there would be deer. I've got one picture at the pool parking lot area of the park where there are 6 or 7 deer near us. Another pic of one about 2 feet from the car window staring at us.

    My town started doing Halloween fireworks for some reason a few years ago. The first year, I went with the older couple next door and we watched from the rooftops of the local community college (the wife was an administrator and it was a hell of a view). So 2018 I took Erika to get her out of the house. She LOVED it. It really is an awesome fireworks show for a small town (3,000 people roughly?)

    Throughout all this, Erika spent more and more time in bed. I mean, obviously she was spending 12 hours a day in bed. Some days she'd cut treatment short to do things. Other days she didn't feel like getting out of bed. We'd talk a lot. She'd ask about my gaming. I'd tell her stories about Elite. Or send her screenshots. She loved space. Science in general, but space in particular. She was in awe. The first time she looked around the Anaconda in VR, she was floored. Her face lit up. She was just so happy. I (I lied, I have played a LITTLE bit non-VR I guess while showing her the game in VR) would look at the monitor and tell her where to look and I would jump her into a new system, or show her a new star type, fly her into a planetary ring or such and her face would just brighten up again and again.

    I had saved up for a bit and upgraded my HOTAS from an X52 Pro to an X56. I also happened to have an old laptop laying around that had a GPU instead of integrated graphics. It was prone to overheating, so I opened it up, found out the fan was shot, ordered the parts and replaced it. I then took the laptop and X52 Pro to her. I gave her the login stuff for my 2nd Steam account, which in itself had like 200 games on it. And I bought her a version of E:D. She was so happy.

    She started consuming videos about E:D trying to get an idea of what she was going to be getting into. I had another semi-local friend that bought E;D after hearing me tell her how awesome it was and she and I flew around a bit together while Erika was learning what E:D was about and such. Once I got the 2nd friend going, she wanted to get herself an upgraded ship. So I sent her a link to a site that gave tips on how to quickly earn money without combat and she set about her money making ways. I figured while she was doing her thing, Just prior to her buying the game, I'd gotten my Anaconda...Nevermore (my real life nickname is Raven) up to 61 ly jump range (back when this was pretty decent, I hear now it's a bit higher) and wanted to stretch my space legs. So I set off to Colonia (not my first trip). I made it there and then went ahead and moved towards my ultimate goal. Beagle Point. I had seen pics of the views and wanted to see it in VR. So I would jump, jump and jump some more.

    I have an issue in space. If I see something cool that isn't tagged as discovered, I would want my virtual name on it. And to me, the coolest thing in space that I'd found was a black hole. I remember my first time finding one. I jumped like mad to get back to sell the info and get my name on it. I was so thrilled to think "now my (fake CMDR) name will be seen by absolutely no one because, well, space is big but my (again, not my actual) name is forever (as long as Frontier keeps servers running) associated with this black hole. So, anyway, here I am, on my way to the far side of the galaxy and...well...every few dozen jumps or so, I'd take a look around to see if anything cool showed up in the galaxy map. And I saw a cluster of a few black holes and thought "oooh, my (not my) name on those would be a nice exclamation point to this trip. So I replot a bit and head towards the black holes. And I start scanning them. One. Two. Five. Ten. I keep jumping to each black hole I see in range. There seems to be a lot in this area. I FINALLY decide "okay, so like, this is probably WAY more than enough". By the time it was done, in a relatively small area of space, I'd found over 100 black holes. So, me being me, I made a beeline for Colonia to sell the info and get my (fake) name on them. So I was so happy with myself for now being the proud discoverer of over 100 black holes. I then started yet again for Beagle Point.

    During this time, I would still talk to Erika routinely. She was still watching videos, but hadn't felt well enough to game. But listening to me tell her about the black hole cluster and showing her pics and just the excitement and passion in my voice at seeing things, like the fear when I jumped between 3 close orbiting stars, trying to keep my cool (literally and figuratively) as I made for safe distance to avoid heat damage or some of the scenery I described about landing on a moon around a ringed planet and how gorgeous it was, she got way excited and ready to start hopping in the cockpit herself finally. She wanted to see Beagle Point when I showed her pics of it (from others, not me, I still hadn't made it yet). I wanted her to see it. So I told her I'd wait on her. I parked the Nevermore and I quit playing E:D until she could join me on the trip. I even told her I'd jump back to the bubble to teach her the basics and help her get a jump-worthy ship or come over and teach her to play in person, set up Voice Attack, etc. She was stoked. I was stoked that she was stoked.

    She started getting down because they upped her treatment time again. At one point, she mentioned states with assisted suicides because she was miserable. I told her 1. that she can't give up, she'd have to stay strong and fight if you want to win. 2. that she shouldn't put that on someone else's karma of killing her. I told her I have no idea of what she's going through but that she has to think positive. She'd be down a bit then go a while and be in great spirits.

    So like, a year ago, mid-January 2019 I guess it was...we had an unseasonably warm day. She asked if I wanted to do something. I told her I needed to wash my car first if I was gonna get it out of the garage. She offered to come help me wash it. So I picked her up, we came to my house and washed my car. It'd been some time since I'd seen her feeling so well. It made me happy. We spent the day hanging out and had a blast. Soon after, I guess late January, she came over and spent the night even. We'd planned on watching movies but never made it past just talking and watching YouTube videos. The next day I took her home and things carried on as normal.

    Mid-February, she started getting really bad off pain-wise. One evening I texted to check on her and she said she was pissed at a local hospital because she went to the ER and ended up leaving after 2 hours of waiting. She said the nurses basically treated her as though she was only there for pain pills and that they had no interest in helping her. I was pissed. Her mom was pissed. Thankfully her mom took her to the car, went in and told the nurses just how sick she was and told them to F off. They were apologizing as she stormed out.

    So, anyway, late February rolls around and I've not seen her since the night she spent with me. February 27, 2019 at about 130am I got this message through Hangouts. "I had a dream we were walking somewhere and it started pouring the rain on us. We went in this little junk store. They had a Tesla coil that you were very interested in and I bought a caramello bar. I ate a couple pieces and then gave it to you. Then we left after it stopped raining." I laughed out loud. I loved her brain. This type of randomness is one of the reasons why.

    A few days later she tells me they're going to have to amputate her leg. I'm sad. But I try to keep her spirits up. "I dated an amputee once, she gets around fine, except she jokes she can only swim circles in the pool". I have her laughing at the story about the first night I spent with that particular lady. How I rolled over, still half-asleep, feeling frisky, started rubbing my hand up and down her thigh and "OMFG WHERE IS YOUR LEG!!!! Oh, wait, that's right…". Anyway, she was taking the news in stride, spirits seemed quite high.

    Mid-March 2019. They took her right leg just below the knee. I talked to her that evening. She was telling me they were getting things lined out for her to get a walker and that although it hadn't fully processed, she was fairly sure she'd cope well with it. She was in a great mood though. A few days later, she informs me they're going to have to take her left foot. She seems in rather good spirits still and she made me feel comfortable about her situation, that this should help her on her road to recovery and such.

    So she starts her recovery process and texts about learning how to do things all over again with her new situation. I tell her I'm there for her and she thanks me and just says she needs to focus on getting things right. Late March my birthday rolls around. I've not heard from her. She's not replied to texts. I'm sad. I don't want to just pop-in because I dunno what is going on. She finally a couple weeks later, April 13, she finally texts and tells me things are a bit rough but things are still going and that her other best friend is spending the night, those two girls had been friends since childhood. I tell her that I'd been worried about her and that I hope they have a fun night.

    My best friend from grade school died in a car wreck in January of 2003 as he was going to visit his older brother. I hadn't talked to him in a few years, life has a way of keeping friends from staying in touch. Anyway, one night my bro and my girlfriend are having a conversation in the kitchen while I watch TV in the living room. I have no idea why, but I asked my bro "you remember Joel?" and proceeded to tell a funny story about him. Two days later I found out that was the night he wrecked and died. I remember spending the night at his house once. He made me watch the video to the song "Highwayman" by The Highwaymen. I remember very specifically him pointing out it's a song about reincarnation. That for some reason always stuck with me. When I found out he passed away I listened to that song a lot. Anyway, his birthday was April 27.

    I get down every year when his birthday rolls around because he's no longer around. So I was quite down as that weekend drew near. The day before his birthday, my phone rang. Erika's mom's number. I got excited. "If you ever wanna see me again, you probably need to do it now".

    I kinda am a glass half empty person. Until I see a friend down. Then I'm a ray of sunshine. I remember Erika once told me "you are the most positive person I've ever had in my life" and I was like 'wait, what?". I told my therapist at my next appointment. She quite literally blurted out "HAS SHE EVER MET YOU!?!?!?" before apologizing for her outburst. I was like, no, I get it, I was shocked too.

    But I really DID get what Erika meant. When she was down (or any friend) I tried to be a bright spot. Like, I don't have much in the way of friends. I don't have social media. I've tried FB a few times over the years, then realized there were less than 10 people I'd ever add and between that and the privacy issues it just was easier for me to keep in contact other ways. Erika was the only local friend I had in my age range. And she was the only person I spoke to regularly other than my Dad. And I loved her. So any time she got down, I'm her friend, it's my job to pick her ass up. That's what friends are supposed to do.

    Once I had to be hospitalized briefly over some of my anxiety issues. And at this point, they were just starting to get bad. I had like, I guess 100 friends on Xbox that I gamed with regularly. And I was open with my friends because I feel that as someone suffering from a mental illness, I should do my part to try to remove the stigma that surrounds it. My friends were all super supportive. But one guy...he was the most arrogant, loud mouthed jerk to everyone while gaming. He'd talk trash all day long. He'd have his 2 year old daughter get on the mic and curse people out. People put up with it because he was funny and everything sounded even funnier because he had a cool Irish accent. THIS guy...out of all my friends, THIS guy, not even remotely one of my closest friends...sent me a private message. "Look man, I am not gonna pretend to know what you're going through, but I do know that sometimes people just need someone to listen. Here's my home and cell numbers and my email. ANY time, 24/7 that you need an ear, I will be there. Because I know sometimes that's all you may need". I never took him up on that, because thankfully I never needed to, but to this day he still is on my Xbox friends list even though we haven't gamed or spoke in years. Because I know what kind of person he really is behind the online persona. And THAT is the friend I try to be for those I let close.

    So I get ready on April 26 and I go to see Erika. I dunno what to expect but I keep telling myself, things can get better. I mean, that's what I told her when they refused her from the transplant list. "Well, they turned you down because you need a pancreas too, besides, they referred you to a better hospital in a bigger city so you'll be better off all the way around, right?" I haven't seen her since she spent the night with me in January. I know she'll be in rough shape because the leg and foot. And I tell myself "be strong for her, no matter what, smile and make her laugh".

    I walk in and start smiling and she lifts a corner of her mouth. She looks like hell. She's in a hospital bed in her bedroom. One arm is all that is out from under the blanket. I lean over and hug her, she hugs as best she can with her free arm. I give her a kiss on the cheek. And we just start talking. She looks bad but I tell myself "hopefully she'll feel better soon".

    Her mom told me a few days later that she'd been lying to me. Not to hurt me or anything. But to protect me. See, I had no idea about anything to do with diabetes. Part of why she moved to Florida was to get her health moving the right direction it would seem. That's why she stayed there even when life wasn't going well. The healthy lifestyle was her trying to save herself. She was 11 when she found out she was diabetic. She told her mom that was her death sentence.

    We're sitting there talking, I'm just running my fingers through her hair. I asked her if she saw the real actual pic of a black hole. She said no. I tell her my phone is in my car. She says, mine is here. And she lifts her right hand from under the blanket for the first time.

    That was the point I broke. I mean literally something in me broke. Her hand. From between her index and middle finger to her wrist under her pinky, her right hand...it was shriveled and black. And I don't mean black and blue like a bruise. I mean black like charred wood. At one point her black fingers brushed against the phone screen and nothing...they were dead. To this point, I truly had held out hope that things would get better. When I saw that hand. I knew. I knew it wasn't. I knew this was it. And as much as I fought to keep my composure in front of her, I couldn't. I cried. And I cried. I held her, I kept running my fingers through her hair. But I kept talking to her as I bawled like a baby.

    "You know how when you mentioned assisted suicide, I kept telling you, you gotta fight? Sweetie, you don't have to fight anymore. You can let go now. I promise, it's okay dear. You've fought more than enough, love. She smiled at me. I showed her the first picture of an actual black hole. It took her a little bit to focus and take it in but her face lit up. Then we talked about Carl Sagan. We're all star stuff. I told her at some point, long from now, the dust she'll become may someday be engulfed by our sun when it goes red giant. And that someday further still, that dust may get swallowed into a black hole somewhere along the line and she may get to go to the other side, even if she doesn't know it. That lit her face up in a way that still makes me proud. Then we talked about how maybe she'll get to just drift around the universe as she pleases, finding out the truths we can only dream about in this lifetime. I told her about Joel, how the next day would have been his birthday. She replied "I think that's the universe telling me it's my time". She said she was sleepy so I retreated to the kitchen with her mother.

    Her mom...unlike me, her mom saw her daily. She knew how sick she truly was. So as I sat there, broken at seeing my best friend in the shape she was...her mom was consoling me. "She's been in a lot of pain for a long time". That was Friday night. Saturday I emailed her mom a poem and asked her to read it to Erika. She replied back and said she was sedated but as she read it her eyes were flickering. It was a poem I'd written when I got home. The first letter of each line spelled out her name. Her mom was really touched by that. Monday, April 29, 2019 at 7:19am I got a text. "She passed away at 5:20am". She was 36 years old.

    About a week later, her mom texted me and said she had something for me. I went down and she had a keychain. "I know you were best friends, I put some of her ashes in this keychain so you never have to be apart from her again". That melted me. I'd never been so touched.

    And that was that. For the first time in a dozen years. I didn't have a best friend. I didn't have someone I could call and talk to no matter what the subject. I was lost. It's now one year later and I'm still lost. I still several times a week think "Oh, Erika would love that" or "Oh, I gotta send that to Erika" and immediately depress myself at the realization that I can't ever again. I don't even know how to cope. Like, if I'd have lost anyone else in my life, Erika would've been the person I'd have called for help on how to cope. Joel, when he passed, I hadn't seen him in a few years. It hurt but not like losing someone I saw all the time. A best friend from high school I used to spend nights with...Ernie. He committed suicide because his wife wanted a divorce. That hurt. That also pissed me off that he chose that path. But I'd not seen him in 15 years. So yeah, it hurt but it wasn't like...well, this.

    One of the brief stints I had on FB, Erika was complaining about someone wanting to eat their cake and have it too. And she threw a lot of "m'f'er" in there. And naturally I piled on. As did another mutual acquaintance. So there was this post that was insane with mother effin' (not censored on the actual post) cake posts. September rolled around and her birthday was approaching. So I contacted the ex I was with when Erika had moved to Florida. I told her Erika had passed. She was saddened by it. I contacted her because she runs a cake business. So I asked her if she could make a cake with "motherf'er" on it since I was fairly certain no one else would. She not only did it but did it for free. And it turned out beautiful. So to celebrate Erika's life, her mother, her youngest bro (the other lives several hours away) and I had some of that motherf'ing cake. That quite literally said "Erika's Motherf'ing (except it wasn't censored) Cake and had a ladybug on top since she collected ladybugs stuff.

    I've never set my sails towards Beagle Point from the time I parked for her. I'm still where I told her I'd wait. I want to go to Beagle. To see it. I know she'll be there with me when and if I ever make that destination. I WANT to go. I want to hop in my ship and take off. But I hurt every time I think about it. I realize I need to if anything just for some mild therapy. That making it there would be good for me. I mean, I was seeing someone this past Halloween and through the rest of the holidays and opted not to go to the local fireworks or the Xmas in the Park events because the last time I'd done either was with Erika. And I know that I robbed myself of new experiences, but I just couldn't bring myself to go knowing if I didn't, then the last time I went to either was with Erika.

    I guess writing this is part of my trying to get myself motivated to complete that journey. And part of trying to help myself find a way to cope. I realize how much pain I still have and how much coping I have left to do over the fact that I cried multiple times while writing this. But I want to make that trip for her. And when I get back from it. I'm going to rebadge 'Nevermore' to '...On the Other Side' as in "see you on the other side" and a ship ID of 'ENS917' for her initials and birthdate. I may even go pink thrusters or something to represent her girly girl side.

    I feel better having written this. I don't know if I'll do anything with it or if like most things I write, it will stay tucked away on one of the secondary hard drives I'm using. Time will tell. To anyone that may end up reading this, I hope if you're diabetic or have a loved one that is and not taking care of yourselves (or themselves) the way you should, that you find a reason to do a better job before it's too late. And realize it will be too late LONG before you get signs of it being so. I also hope that you tell your best friend and family members that you love them. Because you never know when the last time you'll have that chance will be and if it's when YOU lose someone, no matter how often you told them, you'll wish you did it more and always wish for that "just one more time" to tell them. And to you, CMDR Erika Nicole Shelton...I loved you with all that I was. And I miss you like mad. Every. Single. Day. Thank you for being my best friend. Fly safe on the other side… o7

    EDIT - A sincere thanks to the person that awarded gold.

    submitted by /u/Starbuck-Thrace
    [link] [comments]

    A big thank you to the Fuel Rats

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Just as the title says I have to throw out a big thank you to the fuel rats and the 2 incredibly helpful Cmdrs that came to my aid.

    submitted by /u/black_nappa
    [link] [comments]

    Just thought I'd share pictures of my first trip out of the bubble to the California nebula

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    So...let's see what this can do (Just started and no idea what I am doing ��). See you out there Commanders O7

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    It’s been said before but I’ll say it again, the sound design in this game is incredible

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Not been playing long but nearly every unexpected noise makes my arse twitch a little and I love it.

    submitted by /u/BallChinian94
    [link] [comments]

    New space suit, new paint scheme to match.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 04:54 AM PDT

    Reached my first elite rank today, and believe it or not, I was about to uninstall this game cuz it was too hard for me, but decided to give it a last chance. Best decision ever!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Nearly went blind when I jumped in here!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    In the Army, we called this a "target rich environment". Easy pickings in HIP 36601 system

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Batmaaannn !!!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    No I'm not getting you alcohol...DAMIT, who is WANTED!! My tribute to Sirius Atmospheric.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    This baby has taken me exploring all around the bubble, and now that I have the guardian FSD booster she is taking me to Colonia for the first time! I can't wait to see what it's like closer to the galactic core in person.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Nothing special, but I got a new paintjob and body kit for my favourite ship

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    I present to you... The Deagle!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Build Fly Dream Trailer

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Maybe Open isn't so bad after all.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    Anyone who has argued with me about gamemodes probably knows me as a fiercely anti-Open/pro-Solo&PG player who has had nothing but bad experiences in Open, but a couple days ago I decided to try it again just for shits and giggles because I was bored, and today I actually had a positive interaction! I was in the hazres testing my new Vette build and as I was winding down and getting ready to head back to the station, this new CMDR dropped in with his tiny little Viper so I did what any good CMDR would do - I blew him out of the sky stuck around for half an hour or so watching over him and providing some additional firepower whenever he bit off more than he could chew. While I still believe Open has some serious flaws, this encounter at least gave me a little bit of hope. It was genuinely nice and made me want to play in Open.

    CMDR Ganonbert, if you're reading this, fly safe o7. Also, don't fight the big ships in your Viper, it'll end badly for you.

    https://i.imgur.com/MCoHvR8.png

    submitted by /u/Xygen8
    [link] [comments]

    Started my journey yesterday. It'll take a while to finish the journey Shinrarta Dezhra -> Beagle Point -> SagA* -> Shinrarta Dezhra with economical route plotting. There's so much awesome stuff to see. I'm as excited as a Ganker-Corvette at a Sidewinder-Meeting ��

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Here's a picture of a sweet wide-ringed brown dwarf I found in the Eagle Sector

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    This game always blows me away with its beauty.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Elite Dangerous in a python module!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment