• Breaking News

    Monday, April 6, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 06, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 06, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (April 06, 2020)

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily threads and the New Q&A FAQ.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Federal Security rescues afk me when auto supercruising

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Fleet Carriers Salesman

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    So... Yeah. You were all right. As painful as the rank grind was, this BEAST is totally worth it.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Guys I found it, we can eliminate it at the source!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    Fleet carriers in BETA will cost 5Billion & developers WILL NOT provide extra credits (Yamiks did a "journalism")

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    Greetings everyone, it's your ever lovable dead-horse beating latvian bringing you NEWS!

    After having concerns during developer stream on Fleet Carrier "reveal" I noticed something in this particular segment ~52mins

    I got a worry that for beta they will not give you the carrier itself OR extra credits to buy one SO I followed it up and investigated. I contacted Stephen myself and asked directly

    "Hello. I would require 1 piece of clarification about beta: Will you, developers, provide players with funds to acquire fleet carriers for the beta?"

    Answer given to this was following

    "Hey Yamiks, Developers will not provide addition funds to players to purchase Fleet Carriers in the beta. "

    Of course this being Yamiks, I asked for a little clarification on WHY this is going to be a thin. And answer

    "Yes you can say that the current plan is that fleet Carriers will cost 5bn in the beta, but this may change..."

    "We need people to test owning, and being guests at Fleet Carrier. The current plan is to have people who have the funds to purchase them to get them like they would in the live game, so we can manage the feedback and the bugs. Just because you can't own one doesn't mean you can't participate, guests on Fleet Carriers are just as important as the owners for these tests"

    Now this is what I gathered and MASSIVE thanks to out CM Stephen Benedetti for providing not only info , but a speedy response too!

    As for information...well....I mean....wow!

    submitted by /u/Yamiks
    [link] [comments]

    Celebrating with a beer, am I doing it right?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    I think there's something wrong with my limpet

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Tip for miners

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Earlier today, I was mining in my Type-9, and, after logging in while my hold was at 400t, was accosted by some npc Viper pleb. Unfortunately, being a Type-9 and all, I couldn't defend myself, nor could I run. He asked for 1t, so I obliged. But seeing that canister drifting outside my ship, I suddenly had a genius thought: as the Viper neared its target, I shuffled through my fire groups and fired.

    A limpet rushed out towards the canister, and snatched it from right under the Viper's nose. And then, having been placated by my jettison and now having had its target removed, the Viper saw nothing left to do, and flew off.

    So here's my tip: next time you're accosted by NPC pirates with no escape, give them what they want, and then TAKE IT BACK WITH LIMPETS!!! The NPCs won't stop you, and they're already happy since you dropped it in the first place.

    submitted by /u/pinkpanzer101
    [link] [comments]

    Do NPCs Dream of Electric Sheep?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Almost caught a nice eclipse.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I decided I want an apartment on this orbital. Watching the star raise over the planet was peaceful.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    So, I decided to seek out Commander John Jameson's crash site and pay my respects

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    So, I decided to seek out Commander John Jameson's crash site and pay my respects

    I only heard that this was out there while looking for engineering material sources the other day and just had to find the place for myself. It was a bit eerie and quite sad to be honest.

    Night had already fallen on far side of HIP 12099 1 B when I arrived so all I had to go on were some rough coordinates, my ship's ineffectual running lights and fuzzy night vision. I brought my Corvette in to orbit around (-54,-50) and had to glide as close to the coordinates I'd been given as I could. Once I was a couple of kilometers from the surface I deployed in a Condor SLF to try and pin point the location. I eventually spotted what I thought was the site, stowed the SLF and set down on the surface.

    I set out towards what I thought was the wreckage in one of my ship's SRVs only to be disappointed that it was just an unusually shaped, but otherwise mundane rock formation. So I drove on for what must have been ten or fifteen kilometers before i picked up something on the scanner. I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of the SRV even with the lights at full beam but the on board night vision did help me pick out a few details on the horizon.

    Eventually, out in the dark, barren distance I saw the faint red glow of a comms beacon and figured that was most likely what I was looking for. Sure enough, in a few short moments later I came across a fairly large piece of debris, it's blue paint still gracing the surface after many years lending a clue that it was from a ship. Then, half buried in the loose rock and dirt of the surface I could make out what appeared to be a set of thrusters. As I passed around the thrusters I could then make out what was left of the cockpit of a very old Cobra MKIII.

    Dotted around the site I found four coms beacons, each with some useful data and Commander John Jameson's final logs, recorded for the benefit of his son. They told the sad tale of how he sparked the Thargoid war by unwittingly deploying a lethal device at one of their hive ships before making a hasty jump out of the system. It transpired that the powers that be has taken measures to ensure that Jameson would never return to base to share the tale, locking out all of his ships functions, including the escape pod, shortly after he made his final jump.

    It was well worth the trouble of finding, not only for the materials and the adventure, but also for this great piece of in game lore.

    JJ-386 on the surface of HIP 12099 1 B

    A closer look at JJ-386

    submitted by /u/tj_haine
    [link] [comments]

    Top3 Fleet Carrier Changes

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/gallery/4g9gVAl. I'm building an ED control panel. This is the prototype, a version 1.0, i guess. I'm waiting for more buttons to arrive to add the pips at the bottom (the empty holes), and I'll have to build a box for it. I should've made it bigger. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Beneath the stars

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Looks like the Federation security team really dropped the ball on this one. That's Earth.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    I found 4-stars place to stay

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Embarking on a journey to Sag A* with the boys. Goodbye Colonia

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Sunset on a distant world, once populated by the guardians

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    Fly Dangerously

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Can someone give me some tips for starting out? I’m new

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    I just started playing this game after having it in my Steam Library for god knows how long. I have the Horizons version and have done my first planetary landing however when I auto docked on a station I destroyed my ship :/. This game seems really fun but hard and it has made me want to kick my computer but I'm trying to truck through it to have fun. Can anyone give me some advice or tips on flying and stuff like that? Thx

    submitted by /u/MLIATwist
    [link] [comments]

    Where to go for some ‘safe’ combat?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    So I've not played the game for about 18 months and well....... I'm not going anywhere for a while so decided to come back to it but it's not quite like riding a bike. I can fly/dock/navigate but I'm struggling a little with combat. I used to be pretty handy but now I can only beat the lowest ranks. Is there anywhere I can go to get some safe ish combat in?

    submitted by /u/funkyg73
    [link] [comments]

    Giving my passengers on the observation deck a view of a newly discovered terrestrial ammonia world with carbon based life. I have an astrobiologist on board that offered me a substantial bribe to land. I grudgingly denied, the pilots federation strictly forbids atmospheric flight. One day, maybe.

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Found 2 ELW's in this system :)

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment