• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 2, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 02, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 02, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (May 02, 2020)

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    HIP 38064

    Posted: 02 May 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Thinnest ring I've ever found; less than 14,000km wide.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    I need to start taking the low gravity warnings more seriously.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    What happened to Ice Planets Update? I think Frontier forgot it. So we are too...

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Coriolis, the Fleet Carrier edition

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    vinyl cutters are neat

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:56 AM PDT

    Chillin' at the Hope.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    A random tiny nebula I bumped into.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Pons Station is so close to this gas giant! (Albienses System)

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    I couldn't wait to get to Colonia, but who would have thought it would've been so beautiful?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Recharging the batteries.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    This game is so pretty

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    The Wall

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    Frontier Developments announces Warhammer Age of Sigmar game scheduled for release in 2023

    Posted: 02 May 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    ASP Gunship

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Got myself a Federal Gunship. Trust me guys, it's REAL. And I don't know how this happened

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    The journey is complete.

    Posted: 02 May 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    I've been working on my photography skills for a couple years now and I decided that I would take my skills to video games. what do you think?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    "Just another exit, we'll make it..." while hauling 90-something diamonds in the ASPEX

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Damn the ones who killed John Jameson

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    ED is making it hard for me to have fun - a Charlie Brown sad story

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Hey, everyone.

    Returning 2014 CMDR here, really excited for the new ships and options, features, and content.

    As you know, the beauty of ED is setting your own goals. The thing is, I keep feeling that I am Charlie Brown, my "next goal" is the football, and ED is Lucy that, every-single-time, pulls the football away from me and watches me crash and fall.

    Returning after some years, it took me a while to get my bearings again. After some failed goals, I ask around and learn that Engineering is absolutely essential. Looks like a fun system to get acquainted with things, so I start the hunt. After the first engineer though, it becomes clear I need tons of materials. So I traveled to this dropped Conda at Kolii Discii, eager to farm some mats. But the SRV is so cumbersome to me, the controls so clunky and unresponsive, the gravity does not help and I get so frustrated. And I have to individually target each material to scoop it? And I need dozens, even hundreds of those? Even focusing on one single cargo rack and relogging to replenish it, is simply not fun. Why so sad, Charlie Brown?

    Maybe I can get those mats from quest rewards. Go back to my home system, get missions to kill pirates. It's a grind, but it's actual space combat, so I start combining quests and getting squadron quests. 'Kill 30, 40, 50 pirates'. Sure. I am not really an Ace Combat Pilot, so I run a turret conda with a hangar fighter to help me along. It's a bit passive gameplay, but it works for me most of the times (don't judge). Turns out though, some of those quests don't track the kills. I search a bit and find threads, "Whatever you do guys, don't do squadron massacre quests". Hours wasted before I realize it. Haha, you're a clown, Charlie Brown.

    Maybe I need to raise my combat rating, to get better missions. This YouTube guy says, 'grab some AX weapons, find Thargoids and farm scouts to raise your Combat Rating". Sure, that sounds like a plan. I grab AX, find a Thargoid system, enter a zone. This huge anemone thing scares the living daylights out of me and instakills me. This is actually funny now, but let's just say it was a good thing I was wearing brown pants at the time. "Maybe try lower threat to find scouts". So I find a zone with four scouts, manage to kill one, the rest get me. Find an even lower threat, two scouts. Kill them, barely and got +2% rating. Not worth it. Sucks to be you, Charlie Brown.

    Forget the Thargoids then, it's obviously end-game stuff that requires better thermal protection and stuff. This other guy says, 'find an Anarchy system with Civil War, go into a CZ and pick a side". Sounds reasonable. More NPCs on my side, they'll tank some damage. A few minutes later, dead again. Such a loser, Charlie!

    I should start Engineering again, my ship is obviously weak. Found a step-by-step guide, looks legit. I need to travel 7k years away. Let's do that, sure. Build an ASP for jumps, pick a random direction, start jumping. It's boring, but gotta commit and take it like a CMDR. Two hours later, I find it difficult to find stars to jump to. What's happening? The map was swarming with stars when I started my marathon. It turns out, my 'random' direction' was the 'wrong direction', as I ended up in blank space. Now I have to backtrack, adding more wasted time. Boo-hoo, Charlie Brown, don't you know the Galaxy is a spiral?

    I think you get it by now. The result is I feel stupid and (although I really want to) I am not having fun.

    So, what do you guys think? Is this game too hardcore for me? Is this whole thing part of the 'initiation' period? Do I have to really hate the game before I love it truly? Do I have to accept that I need to wade through wikis, guides, and posts before doing literally anything? Or should I just count my losses, admit I'm too old and move on to another game?

    Thanks for reading, appreciate the replies.

    Best,

    CMDR CK

    submitted by /u/chriskuv
    [link] [comments]

    Always known this game was no good for me ����

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment