• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 09, 2020)

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 09, 2020)


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here. (August 09, 2020)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    200,000 CMDRs on /r/EliteDangerous & Celebratory Giveaway!


    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous

    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My 0% paint A S P

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    I bit the bullet and I’m a Conda owner now

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    New EDDB feature "Attractions" - Settlements, Installations, Abandoned Bases, Shipwrecks and Tourist Beacons!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    https://eddb.io/attraction

    I am very pleased to present you the new section Attractions on EDDB. Under this section you will find all "things" which you cannot dock to, but which are worth a visit. At the moment these can be settlements, installations, abandoned bases, shipwrecks and beacons.

    Settlements were completely moved from the station section to the new attraction section. As a result, all stations are now dockable by definition.

    The possibility to edit stations on ROSS has been deactivated, since this data is updated 100% via EDDN. In contrast, attractions cannot currently be created or updated automatically and must be manually managed on ROSS.

    I tried to start the feature with as many initial attractions as possible. A lot of different data sources were imported initially.

    To avoid that manual maintenance of the data records leads to a deterioration of the data quality, attractions can be updated with two different access levels. Every normal user logged on to ROSS may only update certain properties such as the controlling faction. A special user group with more permissions can be assigned on request.

    Settlements: Over 50,000 settlements could be imported from many sources. With the insane help of DJA, it was possible to precisely assign the specific characteristics of most of the settlements. This includes in particular the presence of data materials. Now it is possible to filter settlements by materials.

    Installations: The data quality of the installations is not quite as good as for the settlements. Almost 20,000 records are currently available. If you are very familiar with the specific characteristics of the different installations, feel free to contact me so that we can improve the data quality together.

    Beacons: As data source for beacons this list was used. At the moment there are 667 tourist beacons on EDDB.

    Abandoned Bases and Shipwrecks: The entries of both groups were created 100% manually. 52 abandoned bases and 18 shipwrecks are currently known to me and are largely complete. For almost all entries pictures of DJA or Canonn are available (Thanks!). An exact assignment of materials and commodities is not yet available. However, this can be manually maintained by every user on ROSS.

    All in all the development of the whole feature took much longer than expected. I tend to refactor certain parts of the source code when I notice something. This can inevitably lead to unexpected bugs.

    Therefore: If you found a bug or have suggestions for improvement, don't hesitate to contact me (@themroc) on our EDCD Discord.

    submitted by /u/themroc5
    [link] [comments]

    This will always be jaw-dropping

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    Mining with friends is better

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    Please please please let me walk around in there in Odyssey

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Neutron Star through a Black Hole. Only 10ls between them. I once had a similar opportunity with a White Dwarf, but that was too close to the Black Hole, I almost got fried when reacing the exclusion zone and I had to get out before I could take a photo. Not this time though.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Kind of achievement... 42 regions.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Hello fellow cmdrs!

    I'm proud to announce that after 2 years traveling (at my own pace), I completed a galaxy circumnavigation visiting all 42 galactic regions.

    Post with evidences

    Best regards!

    submitted by /u/RuboPosto
    [link] [comments]

    Officially joined the Club o7

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    This game is so beautiful! My friend just explained how the free camera works, and made myself a new desktop background

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    The good ship Pillow Fort ready to set out for Sagittarius A*! Beer cooler but no coffee maker.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Newly released today, a list of Error Codes and their meanings from FDEV

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Insurance companies HATE him! Find out how this person managed to jump 70,000 light years with this one weird trick!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Well It finally happened... Tonight, I called the Fuel Rats!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Just got ED running on my Ubuntu box after almost 12 months without playing... Got Horizons too, so I decided to take a nice relaxing hop round the galaxy out to Beagle Point via Sag. A* to get my eye in again, been out to Sag. A* once in my AspX, so just hop on out the same distance..

    Plan was to return to the bubble with a metric f**k-ton of exploration data, and sell it all to Farseer Inc to get that big engineered FSD boost... Just got back into the swing of "jump-scan-charge-jump"-repeat, then completely took my eye off the fuel gauge...

    Landed at a class-T star, surrounded by L's, Y's, and some more T's, nearest KGBFOAM was 9 ly away, and my fuel reserves were good for a shade under 6 ly with the full FSD injection/boost..

    Popped on the FuelRats website, and within 5 minutes there was a cmdr on their way to me.. ETA 20-25 mins... I can't believe they're so fast! They must have heros sprinkled all over the galaxy!

    So here I am, waiting for my rescue to arrive... godspeed Fuel Rats o7

    submitted by /u/_The_Editor_
    [link] [comments]

    No, No, Noooo Please don't go! Where are you going my carrier!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    A Winged hussar approaches!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Binary meat balls orbiting a ringed Water world.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Help someone overclocked the neutron star again

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    I decided to do the Hutton Orbital thing despite the fact I was "Wanted" in the system, thinking I could just pay the bounty and be on my way. This thundering idiot tried to pay the bounty BEFORE handing in the mission. Result? Incarcerated in a different system and I have to do the run again.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Peaks and Valleys

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Which system have you found with the most orbital bodies so far? I wondered after finding a system with 66 bodies (btw, my ship blew up before I could turn in the data so you can go be first if you want... I don't have the patience to go back).

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hope you enjoy the view!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Scrappy paint black hole nebulae (sorry for shitty console quality)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    ...What'd I miss?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment