• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Commander Buur of the Buur Pit got this from Al Hibberd of Frontier (Product Manager), hopefully will validate an aspect of the Game Awards trailer

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:48 AM PST

    TWH made their Christmas Tree again. This time, with Santa Claus! (TWHoinka Vol. 2, Screenshot made by CMDR Quun).

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:48 PM PST

    Live footage of Odyssey players desperately trying to make the Dropship work as it's name implies:

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

    Playing Odyssey without the leg assist be like

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Take this as a frickin warning! Just showing what Ed character customisation can do

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:46 PM PST

    Somehow softlocked the game and got a "new" "paintjob".

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:10 AM PST

    Smoking at Star System closest to 420, 420, 420 coordinates

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Please Frontier, for the love of all things holy, allow an opportunity for console players to transfer progress to PC without any loss of progress.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    I, like many console players I know, want to make the jump from console to pc for Oddysey, but the ONLY barrier is not being able to move progress between platforms. I understand that our assets can be liquidated blah blah blah, but we will lose literal MONTHS of straight gameplay from engineering, rank advancements, exploration, etc. There is no way I or anyone I know is going to do all that again.

    I'm no expert when it comes to game development but it can't be too difficult to make this happen right? According to a post a year ago it used to be a thing (accidentally?) but was taken away/fixed.

    I understand that both versions may have been slightly different, or maybe there are there are other reasons for not allowing this feature, but even if transferring progress is a temporary feature to celebrate Oddysey's release, I know myself and many others who would gladly re-purchase ED, charge them frameshift drives, and make the jump to the beautiful galaxy of the PC version of ED. But to do so with a major loss in progress, such as losing my commander I've come to love, would almost be like ripping off a part of who I am.

    So I humbly ask, for the love of all things holy, please allow a chance to make the jump to Elite Dangerous on PC without needing to start over or liquidate my current commander.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/MaverickF14
    [link] [comments]

    The community goal surface scanner is pretty good.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 07:12 AM PST

    Sounds like we're going to have a lot more options for gear, might be tied to play style

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:58 PM PST

    My first pass at inserting people IRL into game footage (Krait MkII)

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:39 PM PST

    Do you guys think we’ll see the Achilles in Odyssey?

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

    Kinda sus

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Kinda sus

    Decided that I was going to claim my free Anaconda. It would seem they've recently had a bunch of others who thought the same thing, as they told me that they were fresh out of full-grown adult Anacondas, but they did say a few babies had recently hatched.

    They told me not to worry. They said it will grow, given time.

    I remain skeptical. Something doesn't add up.

    I'm beginning to think I've been bamboozled.

    Anaconda my eye...

    submitted by /u/DeusVult1517
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to visit one of the generation ships. creepy.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 10:44 AM PST

    ED Ship Anatomy

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:59 PM PST

    Evening Commanders. Found what I think is a nifty tool to see where specific hardpoints/utility points/etc on a given ship are and figured I'd spread the word on it.

    http://a.teall.info/edsa/

    o7

    submitted by /u/Malik_V
    [link] [comments]

    Wish I'd found these huge neutron-pumpkins BEFORE Halloween :/

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:09 AM PST

    Advanced Docking computer almost came in clutch after i got distracted watching a video...

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I found a real lively neutron star out near the bottom of the galactic plane.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 12:43 AM PST

    Let there be hauling

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:26 AM PST

    Logged on to find myself in this beautiful system

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:27 PM PST

    Long distance

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    At Hipparque Cartographers' University (Pytheas), living the college life.

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 08:02 AM PST

    Please, Frontier. Let us buy ship kit parts individually. I want to give you money, but I won’t waste three quarters of it buying parts I don’t want/can’t even equip

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:57 PM PST

    Currently I don't customise any of my ships because the value proposition of the 'ship kits' is simply too low.

    Not only do I have to buy all four variants of each customisable part when I might only like the style of one or two of them, I wouldn't be able to use all four at once even if I wanted to.

    The fact that you can only use at most 33% (or 25% of some kits) of the items that you buy just represents such poor value for money that I am put off from purchasing anything.

    I, like many players, also like to fly multiple ships, and while I would love to customise each one, the cost to do so is too high given the combined expense of the ship kits.

    A 12-part pack costs 11,750 ARX, and a 16-part pack costs 13,520. The fact that you can only ever equip one part at a time in each position (wings, spoiler, etc) means that you are really getting a value of ~3500 arx per part installed, while appearing to pay less than 1000 per piece.

    Charging 1200 - 1500 ARX per part could well see an increase in sales overall as more people (myself included) wouldn't feel so bad about swinging three-to-five thousand to customise one ship the way they want to. By removing the massive value penalty (again, you can only actually use a third/quarter of the parts you're buying at once) those same players who would not have normally spent 12 thousand ARX to customise one ship may well go on to spend another three-to-five thousand to personalise another.

    Perhaps the metrics show that players will either customise or not, and you've worked out that 12K is the sweet spot for maximising income, but I for one would be much more inclined to buy ship parts if they werent exclusively bundled with parts I neither want, nor can even use in conjunction with the parts I do.

    I wouldn't pay 12000 to customise one ship, but I would pay 18000 to customise four. Take my money, but don't rip me off.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ShallowDramatic
    [link] [comments]

    Having fun pvping with Alliance Chieftain :)

    Posted: 12 Dec 2020 01:23 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment