• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Finally I could remember where I already saw the stairs of the Imperial Cutter

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:13 AM PST

    I've figured out how to make long exposures of starports! Here's some before and afters!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:06 AM PST

    I think someone somewhere may have misplaced a decimal point

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:32 PM PST

    Midnight black is a great paint job for Imperial ships.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:30 PM PST

    Station repairs begin after the Coalsack and Witch Head Thargoid attacks

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    Anti Xeno poster.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:29 PM PST

    Just got access to Jameson memorial!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:51 AM PST

    Finally found an undiscovered lagrange cloud, and boy is it a pretty one!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:55 AM PST

    Those of you who know, know

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:37 PM PST

    Fdev why do you hate explorers so much when there’s still 98% of the galaxy to explore?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    So this is just a personally rant as a self proclaimed explorer of the Path Rangers. A squad that focuses on exploration and is based out colonia. Sounds like the recent exploration CG would be easy for such a group yeah? Very wrong. Not only are the conditions not feasible for the majority of the player base, but to give the players that have the time to travel 17000LY away only a week to either A. Get an FC to a pod location,mind numbingly point a limpet at a pod and collect all day then haul ass back to colonia (which is extremely taxing on the owner of the FC as every jump must be entered manually) only to unload it all. B. Spin something light together to travel 17KLY for a small handful of parts to Pin it back and drop your cargo maybe 1-2 times. C. Search for pod locations nearer to colonia and hope to god you hit the potentially non-existent jackpot of finding a new pod location and propagating that information to the community ASAP so the gross 500K goal may be achievable last minute. All sound utterly ridiculous and then I go on to hear that in a recent stream Fdev stated that this CG is to test to see how far people will go for exploration CGs? Your testing a part of your community base that's only been asking for a bit of love for years now. At this rate your gonna be left with FPS players, traders and xeno hunters cause your gonna chase all your explorers away. Just my 2 cents

    submitted by /u/Nekito97
    [link] [comments]

    Damn I love this game. Ross467

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Did you race to Colonia to support the CG only to find out there are no sites nearby?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:42 PM PST

    Shirazi Estate station is so close to the planet, that a ship is falling onto the planet if it is near it

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:05 AM PST

    So beautiful yet so terrifying..

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    Personal Success Story with FA off

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 10:58 AM PST

    I just spent 10 minutes trying to explain to my wife how awesome this was, she doesn't get it....thought I would share with some peeps that understand. Might be a long read, and I imply no obligation to read. Just let me glory in this a minute.

    I have been playing for about two years and finally decided to learn how to fly FA off. (Don't judge, this crap is hard). I started off easy. While core mining I would set a full speed drift parallel to the rings just below/above them. Then set FA off and pulse wave while I slowly scanned on the yaw plane back and forth. No main engines, no pitch, no roll. Just a single axis movement while moving in another direction. Works real well for scanning, a little harder than headlook but you know I was practicing.

    The hard part is multi axis movements. I tried setting charges with FA off, but that means moving on all three axis while moving the ship around asteroids in curved lines. Every time I would end up in some astronaut training simulator spinning out of control with no idea how to settle much less move in the direction I wanted to go. And obviously my shield generator thought we were in a conflict zone as I played pinball off the asteroids.

    Then today, something clicked. I was doing my pulse wave scan drift thing and I hit a roid at 425 m/s. Started spinning and flipping like crazy again. Usually I would just hit FA on, get straight and go again. But I said to myself, today I am going to recover from this thing FA off. It was a full three axis spin, and I had no idea how fast I was still moving after the hit. But I took one axis at a time, and ended up at 10 m/s staring at an unmoving roid.

    I have no idea what changed, but now I do the whole core mining operation FA off. It's like my brain finally figured out what was going on. I wish I could explain it. I'm still not ready for combat FA off, but that is my next goal. I guess I just have to say, I love this game. If you want a new challenge. I highly recommend learning to fly FA off.

    If you read this far, I appreciate your involvement in my personal glory story. thanks

    submitted by /u/RonTheWhite
    [link] [comments]

    After longing for an IRL one, I thought I would design my own Hutton Mug!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:38 AM PST

    fuck this shit i'm out

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:03 AM PST

    that's... not how it works

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:28 AM PST

    IS NOWHERE GOING TO BE SAFE? (From CMDR Diguelo posted to Inara)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    B-class supergiant orbiting a Wolf-Rayet

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:08 AM PST

    Gave her a new look! (bonus points if you get the reference.)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:40 AM PST

    The Thargoids - A definitive guide for new and returning players

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Folks,

    My latest lore video is up - this time it's the Thargoids. :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCfkYhjiag4

    Cheers,

    Drew.

    submitted by /u/drewwagar
    [link] [comments]

    Finally saved up for a Krait Mk2 then set off to my first black hole. This is too cool! Next step, center of the galaxy.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:13 PM PST

    When you finally graduate...

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:35 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment