• Breaking News

    Friday, February 19, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 08:50 AM PST

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    FD just won Twitter.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 03:01 AM PST

    Um...I don't think that I was supposed to find this

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 01:37 PM PST

    The most perfect eclipse I’ve ever spotted in the game

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 02:43 PM PST

    Preparing my taxi for Odyssey

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 01:19 AM PST

    It's a very small map of the galaxy. o7

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 09:29 AM PST

    I finally have it :) too bad I'm so burned out from the grind I don't feel like undocking :(

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 05:44 AM PST

    ��

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 09:06 AM PST

    When in doubt, take a Krait.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 12:40 PM PST

    Ever log into the game, look at your current situation and wonder wtf you were doing when you last logged in?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 11:12 AM PST

    So I logged in for the first time in about a month and I looked at my situation. I'm in Kuk, and for some reason I have a Python and my FDL here. My FDL is already fully engineered and my Python currently is set up for running missions, so I'm not here to see Selene Jean unless I'm here to pin one of her blueprints.

    But...my python is sitting here with an E-rated FSD. Why? What would posess me to not have an A-rated one? I'm not exactly impoverished; in fact, I'm a multibillionaire. The python has all of its bells and whistles and...an E-rated FSD. How? Why? How did I even get it here since I'm pretty sure it was the FDL I ferried over.

    The best guess I have is that I'm here running missions trying to get an Alioth permit. Something I haven't done in all the time I've played the game.

    Oh, and to top it all off, I just checked Galnet news. These are my live thoughts as I just saw them. HOLY BAJEEZUS I MISSED A LOT! The Federation collapsing in multiple corruption scandals, the Empire accused of running hell prisons, the Alliance buying out Lakon (I predicted it would be either the Alliance or Sirius, and BOTH made bids!). The Allisnce delaying an election, and major corporations splitting and civil wars breaking out.

    I'm actually pissed off I missed the Core Dynamics shenanigans. I would have been on that like sugar on cake. But now.. do I have to give up flying my Core Dynamics ships? For game play reasons no, but I'm a relatively moral person in-game. Would it have been poetic justice to bring my big, angry, and extremely well armed and fully engineered Corvette and blast up the Rochester Division? Or bring my equally well armed, angry, fully engineered Anaconda in protest?

    How in all of this insanity does the EMPIRE come out the most stable of the superpowers? Given the confederacy-style the Alliance goes with, it by nature isn't going to be anywhere near as stable as the other two, and it isn't, at least militarily. The Federation looks to be about to drown in massive civil unrest and political breakdowns. The Empire just got done dealing with violent terrorist led civil strife that still occasionally smoulders. It's being accused of running a hell prison that recently went boom. And it's still more stable than the Federation right now.

    submitted by /u/lordnaarghul
    [link] [comments]

    Ferrying Tourists in style - Hot Jupiter

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 10:01 AM PST

    Planetary Landings Always Get Me

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 01:20 PM PST

    I finally got into Elite Dangerous, and I am in awe.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 08:44 AM PST

    I've been interested in Elite Dangerous for a few years now. Specifically watching YouTube videos of people reaching Sol (the absolute awe in people's voices is amazing) or Sagittarius A* had me intrigued. Reading up on the Fuel Rats brought me a lot of joy as well.

    I'm an astronomy nerd and the thought of flying around a 1:1 scale Milky Way...well, I was impressed.

    A couple days ago I found Elite Dangerous on sale in the X-box store, and I pounced. I've got about 20 hours in now, with no end in sight. I've decided to go down the Exploration route, with some minor hauling to pass the time and find new areas to visit before heading out into the Black. I've got a good ship, the "IES Help, It's Again", a modest Cobra Mk III, kitted out for self-sufficient long haul trips (as long as I can at this early stage). I'm halfway back from my longest jaunt yet (a whopping 235 ly) so I can upgrade my FSD at an Engineer. I want to just fly out there, hopping and skimming stars for fuel, until I find a place no one else has been to yet.

    Still learning the ropes, getting my feet under me. This game is so open-ended it's almost a detriment! Hell, it took me until an hour ago to figure out the damn compass! Can't wait to find out what else I can learn.

    submitted by /u/jiftyr
    [link] [comments]

    starting my longest journey out of the bubble! wish me luck

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 02:40 PM PST

    Anybody heading out to the Nagaybaks system- be sure to be respectful to Captain Kathy Marsh and her band of Loosely Organized Lunatics. They are, in fact, in charge here. ��

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 02:05 PM PST

    Who else is eagerly awaiting the Odyssey Galactic Expedition?

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 12:45 PM PST

    Confidence

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    After six years... I’ve finally got my Anaconda! The first 20 seconds or so of the clip just imagine me screaming with joy and excitement behind my TV screen. Because I absolutely was.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 03:44 PM PST

    Exploded my first asteroid today. Might not have been low temp diamonds but still worth it. Life is good.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 01:59 AM PST

    Protecting traders at the CG with the lads. Best of luck to anyone after the double mod FSD.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 10:10 AM PST

    Hedin' home

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Blew my Python up today.

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 11:17 AM PST

    Due to buying a 7A FSD i didn't have enough for buy back and didn't notice.

    Pirate crashes into me on my way home with 3mil of silver as cargo & there go my shield. Then i'm dead.

    Couldn't believe it. Then I laughed.

    Good thing your progress means higher courier missions are available. In a 'few' missions i'll have enough to get back an Asp with cargo space.

    What a slog though... my Python was pimped out with A gear.

    Silly me. Guess it's a 'right of passage' thing though?

    submitted by /u/Spieroni
    [link] [comments]

    A minor change I'd like to see for "big event" community goals - let us bring the guests!

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 04:21 AM PST

    It struck me as strange that we have community events to source expensive drinks for political delegations or provide security by driving off pirates, but nobody ever wants the Space Ubers to taxi them to the big event!

    We get community events for truckers, combat pilots, miners, even explorers to an extent, but the Top 1% of pilots are always left out! So if I could change up the community goals, I'd like some of them to include passenger transport missions. At the very least, have them run from the home systems of Power Play characters to the event location, and maybe have equivalent missions going the other way for a week after the event.

    If the issue is balancing the contribution rewards, then the missions need not directly impact the community goal, or they could pay out resources the event needs.

    submitted by /u/TheStabbyBrit
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe maybe

    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 04:48 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment