• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 30, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey Alpha - Phase One - Thread #3 "Use The Spoiler Flag More"

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    Previous Megathreads: #1, #2


    Alpha is now available for testing and feedback

    Please mark any new Odyssey Alpha posts as spoilers

    If you see a spoilery-post that should be flagged, remind the CMDR in a comment

     


    Odyssey Alpha Rollout schedule (Image)

    Odyssey details known so far: Buurpit's video, Barking Mad's blog

     


    Phase One: First Steps

    • New Commander issued for every participant
    • In a single star system to maximise player interaction
    • Remlok Maverick scavenger suit available for purchase
    • Access to Takada and Kinematic weapon sets
    • Apex Interstellar available for player travel
    • Variety of activities available including salvage and collect/delivery missions.
    • (No buying ships until Phase 2)

     


    Known Issues

    • New Commanders will need to log out to the main menu and back into game after travelling via Apex Interstellar to interact with other players.
    • [EPILEPSY WARNING] Opening the on-foot comms menu for the first time causes the UI to rapidly flicker.
    • When a crime has been cleared it will still show in the authority contact at the social space terminal.
    • Oculus Rift HMD does not display the game (disabling super sampling may fix this).
    • Black Adder error when confirming transaction with bartender.
    • Performing melee or grenade throws may result in graphical disruption that may block your visor
    • Players may experience graphical artefacting when visor is down.
    • While using the "Default Context" preset on the Xbox One Controller, the "Hold" button mode for crouch does not work as expected.
    • Players may find missions may not be able to be completed due to scripting issues.

     


    Known Workarounds

    See any other good workarounds? Upvote them of course, and also link them below for inclusion in the next megathread.

     


    General Help & Tips

    Ask below, not in a new post. Or search the subreddit.

     


    Bug Reports

    If you encounter any issues during your Alpha experience please report them as soon as possible via the Issue Tracker where Frontier's development team will be actively investigating reports.

     


    Feedback

    Post your feedback below and in the official feedback forum

     


    Patch Notes

     


    PC Specifications

    Please note that as this is an Alpha phase, a large amount of optimisation work for the final release is yet to be completed. These specifications are subject to change as Frontier move toward release.

    Recommended Specs (High Settings at 1080p)

    • Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)
    • 12GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500
    • 60GB available space

    Minimum Specs (Low Settings at 720p)

    • Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350
    • 8GB RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
    • 60GB available space

    Please note, the VR implementations are not currently optimised and not ready for testing at this time.

     


    Livestream recording with Producer Samantha Marsh talking about Odyssey's Starports: Twitch, Youtube

    Sandra Marsh Q&A Quick Notes

    submitted by /u/StuartGT
    [link] [comments]

    Frontier: Alright guys, we're releasing the alpha for you to playtest. Me, an intellectual:

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    After all these years it's finally happened

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    Got bored whilst waiting for Odyssey to download yesterday, so i painted my Krait Phantom.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Finally a solution to the Apex problem

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    We finally have... STROBES!?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    Can we please add these informations to the mission panel?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Walking under an Anaconda.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Interviewing an Odyssey Settlement Guard

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Check out my Star Citizen cosplay.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    Odyssey new ship shields comparison.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Odyssey has updated ship explosions and VFX, here's a comparison.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    The sheer SIZE of the Type 9 is insane

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    Odyssey - So the game finally clicked for me last night

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    I'd been getting pretty frustrated with the loop of 'get in Apex, wait forever, reach settlement, die immediately', and I almost stopped for the night, maybe even till the next Alpha phase. But... I exercised some patience, made some informed decisions, and did one last mission. This is what happened.

    Got the Maverick suit, which is pretty much required for doing anything interesting on foot. Remembered to bring extra batteries, because I knew I'd be using my tools a lot. Picked an 'find item at empty settlement' mission, but expected to find hostile NPCs there, so I also bought the biggest assault rifle I could find.

    I touched down on the planet, and immediately went into scout mode. It was pitch black on the surface, so I looked for any enemy NPCs flashlight beams. Sure enough, their flashlights gave away their positions. Using the rooftops to my advantage (night + lowgrav + jetpack = I'm the goddamn Batman) I easily crept up on a couple of them, then zapped them with the overcharged Energylink. Bam, instant silent takedown. Kills your suit battery, but that's what the extras are for.

    Long story short, the rest of the session was me playing cat-and-mouse with the enemy squad. They eventually spotted me, so I had to use my wits to get around their flanks and away from their killboxes. Ran out of ammo and batteries pretty frequently, so stumbling across refill boxes for both saved my ass multiple times. One by one, I whittled down their numbers until the whole squad was dead, gaining relatively hefty bounties for each kill.

    I never did find the item that the mission required, and soon ran out of suit battery searching for it, and soon after that ran out of oxygen. Side note: Dying of cerebral hypoxia in this game is, quite frankly, terrifying, and I do/don't recommend trying it.

    So I failed again. The difference was that this time I actually had fun doing it. It felt fair. It felt like something happened in a universe with a story, not just a player in a video game fucking up a mission. And this is only the "alpha".

    Anyways, stick with it, I guess. I know everyone's got their issues with the current phase, and a lot of it is legit criticism, but for me, this single experience justified my alpha purchase, and as long as 1.0 delivers more of the same, it'll probly stay that way.

    submitted by /u/snailboy
    [link] [comments]

    Odyssey vs. Horizons up close ship comparison (DBX & Anaconda)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Played as a kid and still playing 30yrs later

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    I see it now, I get it..... Ooooo frontier what have you done?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    OK so the first 8 missions I failed and died...... I got annoyed.

    Then I looked at it again, and changed my mindset.

    My suit is a Sidewinder, I'm not taking my Sidewinder into battle, I never did when I started.

    When I started I did my delivery missions, got some bank, and moved up.... Cobra... Vulture... Python.... Conda.... Corvette.

    That's what I'm doing now. I'll deliver stuff and then I'll do some stuff in abandoned settlements, I'll get better, stronger, faster and harder and then I'll go back....... Ooooo ill go back and they will know my name.

    submitted by /u/KrayzeKeef
    [link] [comments]

    To the Newbie who mined Osmium and sold to my Carrier

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    You saved me from having do one of my least favorite tasks in the game, thank you kind soul! ...But, I hope my max price buy order didn't make you think mining more Osmium was a good idea for money in general. If you're reading this post and you sold 40 Osmium to a carrier over three separate runs, let me know! I'm happy to help you get more CR for your time. Carrier name was Heart Of The Tempest.

    o7 CMDRs!

    submitted by /u/beezu__
    [link] [comments]

    ...Because they're not in this alpha phase?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    You think the walkable area in the station is big? Here it is, next to a large landing pad. One more reason to be even more excited to see the big 3!

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    One of the craziest experiences in this game. Also, I hate myself for not realizing that steam message was there....

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Friday night after the bars have closed... taxi queue

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:50 PM PDT

    My favourite comment in our discord

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 02:32 AM PDT

    If Jaques isn't the bartender of, well, Jaques Station, i'm gonna space David Braben.

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    "In a single star system to maximise player interaction." Player interaction:

    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    [Odyssey] Arthur confirms on stream that Carriers currently NOT getting social hubs

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    He also stressed that the Alpha is a part of the development lifecycle designed to get player feedback, and big changes like this are best registered early.

    So with that in mind, here's my use case for why I'd like to have a social hub model for Carriers, even if it's not at launch.

    - I'd like to be able to hand in my genetic findings from on-foot exploration whilst out in the black
    - I'd like to be able to visit carriers without owning a suit (or, when stranded on a planetary surface, I'd like to be able to go to my carrier to rebuy it, espec if it's already in orbit)
    - I'd like to be able to sell suits and weapons to other players
    - I'd like to be able to refill my on-foot consumables (like refuel and rearm)

    ^ These are all services I'd happily maintain on my carrier for my own convenience, and for my squadron friends.

    v These are my pipe-dreams

    - I'd like to have the local factions' mission givers be represented here (with a fallback of hand-in to a the appropriate starport if the CMDR moves their carrier)
    - I'd like to see the owner's squadron information on the terminals for their carrier
    - I'd like to see the owner's squadron's public announcement posts on the terminals for their carrier
    - I'd like to see the named NPCs I have on my carrier physically represented
    - I want to see the carrier jump animation from the inside (I am aware of the complications surrounding instancing)
    - I want the carrier management interface to be extended onto owner & wingmate only area - a bridge where I can issue the executive command level orders directly.

    Regardless of what form it takes, I strongly want to see the biggest game-changing component of Vanilla/Horizons/Beyond be integrated with Odyssey. And I'd like to make that a prominent point of discussion here and on the forums so the Dev teams hear us, and make it a priority for future content patches.

    submitted by /u/Ctri
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment