• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 7, 2021

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Elite Dangerous [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!


    [DAILY Q&A] Ask and answer any questions you have about the game here!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:50 AM PDT

    Greetings, Commanders! This is the Daily Q&A post for /r/EliteDangerous


    If you have any questions about any topic, whether it be for the moderators, tips and tricks for piloting or general gameplay/development questions please post here!

    Please check new comments and help answer to the best of your ability so we can see this community flourish!

    Remember to check previous daily Q&A threads and the New Q&A FAQ.


    WikiCareer ChartLore (Brief) • ThargoidsSagittarius Eye MagazineThe Elite Squadron

    Game Update Summaries: CoreHorizonsBeyond2019-2020

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I am but a humble merchant

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    20 hour long timelapse of three stars

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    when you forget to buy better fsd

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Lego Keelback

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    Well, I better get moving...

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    I made a thing! (?)

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    CXI, The Coexistence Initiative invites commanders to help stop the genocide against Thargoids. More details in the comments.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Made a mamba poster this time. Definately the most difficult one so far!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:56 AM PDT

    hello little fella

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:43 AM PDT

    see you all next year!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    Building a small, correctly scaled fleet. You folks have any painting tips?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Coincident? I think not!

    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    (Almost) Launched my SRV into a star

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    I'm gonna die on this planet

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    ED: Odyssey - Kinetic Launcher

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Decided to join the club; *”Hard-working ships, for hard-working people”*

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    I had the chance to witness a solar eclipse today. Unluckily I was playing Elite in VR so I could not make a proper screenshot, still it looks incredible!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    New to the game here are my first screenshots

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    I've never seen a Neutron Star spinning this fast. Anxiety inducing stuff.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 10:37 AM PDT

    I just witnessed something in Odyssey I had never seen before - SPOILER ALERT

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    �� A bullet may have a Commander's name on it but with a Kinetic Launcher you can address it "To whom it may concern"...

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Base mechanics are pretty cool in Odyssey, but are missing layers

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:22 PM PDT

    It feels like there are layers that can be added to base mechanics based on your actions and state while doing missions on bases/settlements. To give a couple of examples of things I attempted and was disappointed in:

    • While on a base to kill a target, I was able to locate the party in the staff list on a monitor after scanning a profile to get access to it (great stuff). I then decided, since the target was inside, to see if I could get some sort of reaction by de-pressurizing the environment of the building he was in.

    -Nothing happened, in short. I was hoping to perhaps flush the target outside, and perhaps that was a bit much, but the NPCs didn't do...anything. They didn't try to pressurize the building again, nor did they come to investigate the panel from which I initiated the change.

    • On another mission I was to restore a base that had scavengers roaming about. Since I had security level 3 clearance, I had the idea to restore power and then turn on the base defenses.

    -Again, nothing happened. I was hoping that perhaps the base defenses would recognize the scavengers as hostile either right away or after I engaged them (since I had level 3 clearance I was thinking the defense would see me as friendly base personnel).

    I didn't necessarily expect these things to work, but I also feel like the results I was hoping for aren't far-fetched. I'm hopeful Frontier can build on what they've started -- the overall base mechanics are cool and interesting, but limited to the AI scripts they've put in. It could be they were starting simple to establish things, so I hold out a bit of hope, but also wanted to see what other things folks could think of.

    Obviously other AI reactions could also feed stealth gameplay, which is extremely basic...right now I'm pretty terrified of Covert missions because of how few tools we have to avoid detection.

    submitted by /u/Superfluous999
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite underrated sound in E:D?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    What is everyones favorite underrated sound in elite dangerous? I know we all gush about the sound design a lot so I'd like to hear what your favorite is! Mine has got to be the low thrum of the AMU while repairing something

    submitted by /u/derf213
    [link] [comments]

    After months of work I've finally made it! Going to take a long break before I even look at that FSS screen again.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 02:38 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment